Hi Everyone:

New member here. Just got my Saiga 12 back today. It has a barracuda muzzlebrake, SW pistol grip, dual hook trigger, HK sights, and standard stock. Cannot believe that I waited 3 months to do this. I live in DFW, Texas, and this may be a sore topic here but the company that did the conversion, rocks.

You may know Dave Michener, from Elite Firearms, from www.elitefirearms.net. He did my conversion, in a timely manner (less than a month), was professional throughout the process, and very friendly.

The gun looks and works great. His price is very reasonable for his dedication, and attention to detail. Those who live in Texas, should consider sending their Saigas to him, for their conversions. I also bought a Saiga .308 from him as well. Attention to detain cannot be expressed enough.

I understand that he may not have many fans here. Based on what I have seen so far, he runs a tight ship, delivers a great product and service, and is very profession. He represents the few of the small business owners here, in the United States, that is just doing what he can to run a reputable business, and providing great guns and great gunsmithing services.

So, if this offends anyone, sorry. And no, I am not a employee of Elite Firearms, nor a family member. Just a very satisfied customer. I love both the rifle and shotgun. And yes, I will be back for more guns as money permits.

This man is a true asset to the gun industry. BTW, he has been mentioned in many gun magazines for his quality work. Also, he has been mentioned in Patrick Sweeney's, The Gun Digest, Book of the AK and SKS. Dave Michener was the first to build a fully functional Galil in 7.62 x 39. This man deserves the highest respect. He sure has mine.

Edited by jama555us

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new weapon(s) you like - didnt mention about shooting it yet so you may just be the typical new Saiga owner eager to start bragging :super:

Perhaps you might get/hear a negative comment about your builder, or any builder going for that matter, but what does it matter if we like the gun we have, right?

I suspect that since in your 1st post you spent a lot of time building up your builders reputation as well as providing preemptive strikes towards anyone who might accuse you of being of shill, this may unfortunately only trigger exactly what you seek to prevent. ....thats unfortunate.

Its the old "He doth protest too much" syndrome if you catch my drift.

Personally Ive never seen the need for the trashing/bragging of particular builders - sounds a bunch like Jr high school stuff of "My dad is better than your dad" :rolleyes:

Hope you get those babies out shooting, post some pics, and just join in the cult.

Besides, I bet the majority of the converted guns on here were done by the actual owner anyway

Cheers

HarvKY

Welcome aboard and congrats on the new weapon(s) you like - didnt mention about shooting it yet so you may just be the typical new Saiga owner eager to start bragging :super:

Perhaps you might get/hear a negative comment about your builder, or any builder going for that matter, but what does it matter if we like the gun we have, right?

I suspect that since in your 1st post you spent a lot of time building up your builders reputation as well as providing preemptive strikes towards anyone who might accuse you of being of shill, this may unfortunately only trigger exactly what you seek to prevent. ....thats unfortunate.

Its the old "He doth protest too much" syndrome if you catch my drift.

Personally Ive never seen the need for the trashing/bragging of particular builders - sounds a bunch like Jr high school stuff of "My dad is better than your dad" :rolleyes:

Hope you get those babies out shooting, post some pics, and just join in the cult.

Besides, I bet the majority of the converted guns on here were done by the actual owner anyway

Cheers

HarvKY

Thanks for the positive comments. I was aware that my good intentions here might backfire against me, but hey, is it not better to say something positive about someone, especially where the credit is due, than saying bad things? I am just relaying and sharing a positive experience, and if I can throw some business his way, that is even better.

Anyway, I plan on taking her out very soon. I forgot to mention that it has a tactical safety as well. The saiga .308 came with it as well. I had one put on my SAR 1. Such a simple concept, that should have been the standard on all AKs. I hope to post some pics very soon and share the experience on the range.

In all fairness, over the years, I have heard nothing but good things about Dave's work, when its been confirmed that he was the one who did it, or was the QC person before it shipped. It has been his help's work that has been questionable, and has hurt his reputation around here.

I can only speculate as to why this is, but I have a few ideas.....

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone. Just wanted to update my status with Elite Firearms. Dave is no longer making firearms, and is repairing boats. He turned out to be a dirtbag, a thief and liar. He charged me less to make some of my guns because we became somewhat close as friends. But she still was a jerk and had no social skills.

However, he held onto my SKS for 6 months and never touched it. At least I got it back. There were many guns he never worked on and never returned, or he started on and never finished and never returned, or that he finished and never returned.

I was one of the fortunate ones that got all of my guns back from him. Others were not. He just did not care who he screwed or ripped off.

This dirtbag deserves to have his FFL revoked, his business and house taken away, and be put in jail for stealing and screwing up peoples personal firearms.

All I can say is that I apologize for saying positive things about Dave, after what he did to everyone here, including me. I had to get the receiver on my Saiga .308 welded, to cure the trigger slop. Luckily, Jeff, who contracts with the Gun Zone, for repairs on AKs and Saigas, in Mesquite, TX.

I know this is repeative here, and for that I am sorry, but I will step forward and help be part of an investigation against Elite Firearms. I will have to get my Saiga 12 refinished by Jeff. I decided to have the scope mounts removed on the Saiga 12 and .308, and will just have the receivers redone right.

You can trust Jeff. In spite of working with Elite, Jeff is a skilled gunsmith with AKs and Saigas.

Once again, sorry I praised Dave. In spite of not working full time on guns, he still does it part time. Please don't give him anymore business.

You all may email me at: jama555us@yahoo.com