KVAR has released a SGL 410!

for 889$ not a bad deal...

well I should have said not a bad deal but not a great deal either...

Yeah, Arsenal is still price gouging with this .410, just not as bad as they price gouge with their rifles. A person could buy a .410 Saiga, get a U.S. made trigger group, pistol grip, and buttstock for 922R compliance, and move the trigger group forward themselves for no more than about $470 to $500 total (for a bare bones conversion at least). Though in fairness I must admit if a person wanted to take a .410 Saiga and both move the trigger group forward and also give it an AK-74 front end like this SGL .410 has, then they would probably end up spending around $850 to $900 total. So in that specific scenario the pricing on this SGL .410 is actually within reason. Still, because of Arsenal's quality control reputation (which is hit or miss to say the least), even if I ever did want a converted .410 Saiga with an AK-74 front end, I would still buy a regular .410 Saiga and all the parts and do the work myself, because then at least I would know for sure what the build quality would be (but that's just my opinion of course).

One other thing about this SGL .410 that might be an issue for some people, is that it uses what appears to be an AK-74 type gas block rather than a .410 Saiga gas block, which means its gas system is not adjustable. So it would seem this SGL .410 is intended exclusively for use with higher powered (i.e 3 inch high base) .410 ammo, since there is no way to dial its gas system to a number 2 setting (like can be done with a regular .410 Saiga) for lower powered ammo.

Edited by Frogfoot

Why are we advertising for these purveyors of snake oil?

One other thing about this SGL .410 that might be an issue for some people, is that it uses what appears to be an AK-74 type gas block rather than a .410 Saiga gas block, which means its gas system is not adjustable. So it would seem this SGL .410 is intended exclusively for use with higher powered (i.e 3 inch high base) .410 ammo, since there is no way to dial its gas system to a number 2 setting (like can be done with a regular .410 Saiga) for lower powered ammo.

The pictured magazines are marked 76mm ( 3" )

The pictured magazines are marked 76mm ( 3" )

Okay I see, so Arsenal is selling it as being for use with 3" shells only. Still, I am sure there are some who do like to shoot 2.5" shells from time to time, and since the SGL 41 doesn't have an adjustable gas system, for those who do at least want the option of being able to shoot 2.5" shells, it is just another reason why a regular .410 Saiga would be a better choice.

Edited by Frogfoot
  • 2 weeks later...

I like how they broke down the cost to show people.

http://www.arsenalinc.com/news.htm#081420091

They added $200 to the cost of the shotgun for no reason Edit: the reason is the receiver you cannot get elsewhere. And $300 labor you could do yourself. So $809.30 if you wanted to make it yourself and you magically didn't have to pay shipping on any of those parts. Looks like a spanking good deal. If I didn't already have a .410, I'd buy one of these at the lowest price I could find.

Edited by Twinsen
for 889$ not a bad deal...

well I should have said not a bad deal but not a great deal either...

Now for sale for $699 somewhere.

Sale goes thru Sept 1..... http://www.k-var.com/shop/special_sales/sale20090827.html

Got the email on it this am.

There's a reason I didn't link to the deal. If I'm not mistaken it's against the rules. I would get one myself, but I have no use for a .410.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

dont know if anybody is interested but the price is now 489.00.

Wow, that's $400 cheaper than you could build one for. That's just silly. I'd buy one right now if I could have that configuration in my state. Thanks commies.

Edit: Oh wtf there's no adjustable gas system?!

Edited by Twinsen
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

WOW!!!! $489.00 is not a bad price at all considering they were $899.00. I was never really intersted in a .410 but for that price I think I will tell Santa to bring me one this year. I wish they would have a sale on converted S-12 for that much. :osama::killer: