...a few things. OK, I admit I'm way behind the curve. The Instructors were informative, the Lawyer had a sense of humor (and was a fellow martial artist), they made the class interesting, relatively fun, and I learned several things I didn't know. The one that TOTALLY PISSES ME OFF is this:

If you go on to the grounds of any school with a loaded firearm to try stop someone who is shooting students you will go to prison for 5 years. Mandatory. Federal Law, a Misdemeanor, and you lose your right to own firearms along with your 5 year vacation. They cited the case of a High School Principal who ran 1/4 mile to his off-campus vehicle, retrieved his handgun, ran 1/4 mile back to his school and dis-armed a student who had shot other students who was now at the door heading over to the Jr. High. The Lawyer asked us "do you think they found a Prosecutor to prosecute him?" Of course they did. The Principal got his 5 years. BTW, the NRA was nowhere to be found helping the Principal.

Something is very, very wrong here. Maybe our wise Lawmakers figure there would be even more carnage with a citizen exercising his rights to cap the perp but if that were the thinking wouldn't it be the same in any situation with others around, like in a Church or a store?

The Instructors had a chart for Tucson Police Average Response Times to a Level 1 Call in the Eastside area of town where we have a Substation. 4.8 minutes.

One of us is waiting to pick up our kids at school and someone is shooting students and we're not going in because of the deterrent of being sentenced to 5 years? Yeah, right.

Edited by VincentYGB
If you go on to the grounds of any school with a loaded firearm to try stop someone who is shooting students you will go to prison for 5 years. Mandatory. Federal Law...

One of us is waiting to pick up our kids at school and someone is shooting students and we're not going in because of the deterrent of being sentenced to 5 years? Yeah, right.

C'mon man. Use your problem solving skills. The obvious answer here is to get the .50 cal sniper rifle out of your trunk and pop the armed kid in the dome from some position OFF of school property. Make sure that you hide the gun really fast though, because likely you will need to shoot across a street, and that is a big no-no.

If you are lucky, no one will see you do it! Silencers help in this case.

Hope this helps. :angel:

I guess the OTHER solution is to give your kid a .22 pistol and teach him to be a responsible person and a good shot. Let him defend himself. As a minor, he will not get the 5 year sentence. You might need to find a new school for him though after said situation pans out.

Edited by zenmetsu

Get one of those tasers that shoot the barbs out, and use every volt in it on the shooters ass while waiting for the police to show up and take the after action report.

No offense to the LEO's here, but you guys cant be everywhere at once and that is what usually happens.

C'mon man. Use your problem solving skills. The obvious answer here is to get the .50 cal sniper rifle out of your trunk and pop the armed kid in the dome from some position OFF of school property.

If you are lucky, no one will see you do it! Silencers help in this case.

Reminds me of the old AT&T jingle:

"Reach out & touch someone" :lolol:

Congrats on your CCW.

I have my CHL and it pisses me off that I can't carry it several places, for no good reason. I have an idea to to circumvent some state laws regarding where I can't "carry," but I need to do a little more homework first regarding state and federal laws.

Welcome to the CCW club.

If my child was getting shot at there is no law that will stop me from protecting them. That is a right that I was born with and is not one that any person or any organization can grant or revoke.

Seems like simple common sense to me.

well, 5 yrs vs. your life? anyways, thats in your state. In Texas, teachers are armed and ready...law makers are still weary about students (college) having firearms on campus tho. I don't understand why, how many dead people does it take to get something done?

Call your local PD and see if that have an "active shooter" plan. For many agencies it involves calling some other bigger law enforcement agency. Their response will take even more time. It is a problem that many agencies simply refuse to face.

In Texas, teachers are armed and ready...law makers are still weary about students (college) having firearms on campus tho.

Have they passed that yet? I know they were working on it for the teachers and students, but I didn't know they passed either one yet . . .

In Texas, teachers are armed and ready...law makers are still weary about students (college) having firearms on campus tho.

Have they passed that yet? I know they were working on it for the teachers and students, but I didn't know they passed either one yet . . .

As far as I know the teachers are able to carry but not the students....hrm...here's an article on it, dated august of 2008...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404721,00.html

it I guess is a small part, but after a year maybe more have caught on in texas?