I didn't see the pic until Paulyski posted it in another thread, and mentioned that the cops were fired. So I asked:

Why? Was there some sort of policy saying no one other than LEO could handle department issued weapons?

I shot a cops M4 (yes, a real M4 :wub: ) and his Glock 22 when I was down south a few months back. Of course, none of his colleagues or "higher ups" had pictures to verify this. But from everything I knew/assumed, there was no policy-issues with me, a non-LEO, handling/shooting his department issued M4 and G22.

So, can any LEO's here shed some light on this? Is it policy in most departments, that a non-LEO cannot handle/shoot department issued guns?

In the "Old Days" these pics would have been all over the ready room.........along with what usually came next..............on the trunk lid, in the back seat..............ect..

It was much more traumatic when they caught an Ohio State Trooper having sex in uniform.......with another trooper, in uniform,...........both male........in the patrol car......couple months ago.... :ded:

Tragic that such a fuss was made over it..... waste of my tax dollar.....

I would hazard to guess that the troopers had control of the situation... but then again... I ain't no high paid liberal expert...

Memo to cops everywhere: It's never a good idea to ask that hot waitress to come outside and pose on a marked car with your assault rifle. Even if her name is Bambi:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...twinpeaks1.html

They let Texas deputies carry automatic rifles now? You're using the politicized definition, not the original(correct) one.

Will,

But the one that she is holding is capable of a sustained rate of fire.. :lolol::lolol::lolol:

It's not the rate of fire!

It's the size of the load!

I'd have expected you to know this......................

Edited by Will
I didn't see the pic until Paulyski posted it in another thread, and mentioned that the cops were fired. So I asked:
Why? Was there some sort of policy saying no one other than LEO could handle department issued weapons?

I shot a cops M4 (yes, a real M4 :wub: ) and his Glock 22 when I was down south a few months back. Of course, none of his colleagues or "higher ups" had pictures to verify this. But from everything I knew/assumed, there was no policy-issues with me, a non-LEO, handling/shooting his department issued M4 and G22.

So, can any LEO's here shed some light on this? Is it policy in most departments, that a non-LEO cannot handle/shoot department issued guns?

I think it had something to due with that & something to due with the fact that they were doing a photo shoot of a girl with county issued equipment down to the camera, In public, in a bars parking lot & then when confronted, the guy who handed the riffle to her gave the investagating officer a cellphone claiming that it was their captain, but in fact it was some guy impersonating their superior.

What would happen if I busted out a photo shoot with my S-12 & my Girl down at waterfront park with people walking by? I am pretty sure I would get to see the inside of that big jail they built in downtown... And I don't mean watching it on the Fox TV show "Jail".(Multnomah county & Portland are on Cops & Jail frequently)

When the guy tried to cover it up with the FAKE CAPTAIN attempt, he proved himself dishonest. If he would try such an elaborate attempt to cover that up. What would he do in other situations...

Just a civilians point of view...

It boils down to doing something that flat out looks bad on the department.

(Personally she looks good on department equipment!)

A LEO has to live his life (at least in public) a little cleaner and better because he does have that "public trust."

He is in the spotlight (or crosshairs).

And every little low life he's ever arrested, and every person who thinks their mama didn't breastfeed them enough is going to look for any excuse-real or contrived- to make him look bad.

i think it mainly comes down to them doing it while in uniform and using police, not personal equipment. Two American female soldiers got in trouble posing in scantly clad outifits with their govt issued rifles. Booted right out. Had they used a regular car instead of the police vehicle, i think it would have never made it this far. In the photo, you can not tell if its a full auto gun or what the camera men are wearing. Only that it is a police vehicle. There were also people who had been drinking.

I also do photography, and i have seen a few photo shoots from texas beaches of bikini gal's toting large guns. If the police show up, let them inspect the weapon, show that it is not loaded, and show proper proof of ownership. if a complaint is made, they will probably just have you go to a different area for your shoot. Chances are they may just wanna watch too. But of course if you do this on an occupied part of the beach, thats just foolish and unprofessional anyway. Never drink during any firearm or photographic activity also. I say photographic also, because that equipment easily trumps the price of the firearms. Photography is the most expensive hobby ever.

Has anyone heard of charges being brought against them by their own dept?

Who else is feeling hungry too? :haha:

A LEO has to live his life (at least in public) a little cleaner and better because he does have that "public trust."

And every little low life he's ever arrested, and every person who thinks their mama didn't breastfeed them enough is going to look for any excuse-real or contrived- to make him look bad.

Exactly!

I gotcha. That clears things up about the story in the OP...............but you're an LEO, right? What if you were off-duty, and brought your department issued guns to a public range, and let your non-LEO buddy shoot them. Could you, as the LEO, get in trouble for this?

I gotcha. That clears things up about the story in the OP...............but you're an LEO, right? What if you were off-duty, and brought your department issued guns to a public range, and let your non-LEO buddy shoot them. Could you, as the LEO, get in trouble for this?

Probably not.

But then department policies vary.