I have an XD45 and just bought a XDm9 for my girl, and all I have to say is compared to a Glock, I'll take an XD. But, I'm biased, I'm a member of the Anti-Glock Coalition. :smoke:

Not doing something that more of the rest of the firearms world knows to be correct does not make you "cool." It just means you don't know much about firearms and are subject to fads, if only to try and resist them.

Very damn few pros use an XD.

I hated the Glock when I first saw it, but many tests, millions of dollars worth, and a track record with hundreds of profession agencies convinced me that it was the way to go.

So for you it is pretty much a matter of "its not my buddy's Glock," have I got that right?

Actually it more of a fit and comfort thing, Glocks just don't fit my hand well, even with aftermarket grips. I have 2 Springfield armory 45's, and love the crap out of them, so when the sub comp 45 came out in the XD platform, I tried it out, and then compared it to a equivalent Glock, maybe it just me, but it just doesn't feel right to me. Not saying that a Glock doesnt do or get the job done, just a personal fit thing. The changeable grip inserts for the XDm9 make it feel great in my hand or my girl's, and you can't beat it's capacity, 19+1, she loves it. We could argue what is better all day long, and not just with these platforms. It all come down to what you are comfortable with, what you can afford, and how well you exercise proper weapon control. So if its a Glock, XD, or Derringer, if it functions and you know what your doing, you will have an added advantage.

HUZZAH!!