I am a Maryland resident of 54 years who cannot wait to abandon this communist one party State to the mental midgets that continue to stream across our open border with D.C. It looks like feb. 1 '11 and I can retire and MAKE MY ESCAPE!

If anyone wants (or needs) a nice solid rambler with a detached 2 car garage with wood shop,on an acre in the best neighborhood in P.G. feel free to PM me,

as the only reason I am still here is I need the $$ out of this place to escape!

This is a pretty sad comment and a surefire recipe for governmental oppression when the police have the power of enacting policy that carries the weight of law.

I agree, but I have a feeling that if I had said that I would be acused of "cop bashing".

This is a pretty sad comment and a surefire recipe for governmental oppression when the police have the power of enacting policy that carries the weight of law.

I agree, but I have a feeling that if I had said that I would be acused of "cop bashing".

I wouldn't have accused you. Just as there are plenty of proper cops who are cops to protect the public and their rights, there are plenty of corrupt cops on a power trip. This exists for any job or service like military and politicians too(especially those bureaucratic bastards).

Marylandistan is a funny state. Super heavy gun control and over-the-top bureaucracy play a role against the fact that, if you play by the rules, you can mod and have pretty much any damn gun you want. Want a silencer? Full auto? Super Short? SAM launcher? You can probably get in Marylandistan if you play by their rules. GOB can probably speak to this, but it's the rules that drive you nuts coupled to the wait times and God Forbid you ever try and take your gun out of state, get pulled over having it, or try to bring one in from out of state. The penalties for non-compliance with the process is enough to freak most people right out of their minds, and in the case of many gun owners, right out of the state in VA, PA, and WV.

I find it amusing that it's the Maryland gun laws tied to process not to actual gun ownership that are so frustrating. Everytime we go to the gun shop, there's another story.

I love the DC/Congress retard zone. Would that kind of be like radiation fallout?