Troy folding battle sights

Read any forum and you'll see most people say they are top notch. They are pretty tough. I've of course only shot them on my AR, but would have no doubt they would stand up to saiga recoil. They dont have too many real parts, so I wouldnt think they would move anywhere. They mount real solid to the rail. I have the hk style front, but to be honest, I just use them occasionaly, check zero, drop them and continue to shoot though the EOTECH.

Just curious... The standard iron sights are more than sufficient for shooting trap, skeet, self defense. I have found them to be reliable up to 100 yards. What advantage is there to adding a holographic site or battle sites to a Saiga 12 beyond the cool factor? Not that there is anything wrong with cool. Cool can be good.

Seriously. Do you find there is an advantage? Honestly - these things can put so much lead downrange so fast that nothing can outrun or out maneuver them, or withstand the onslaught of firepower. I was just out at the range today - and shredded a 2x4 target stand in no time flat without meaning to.

Do you really need combat sights? Why not spend the money on some tasty ammo?

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied

You should try Krebs sites on an s-12 for shooting slugs,... OMG

+10 on the Krebs. They give you a much longer sight radius and they're aperture sights, so target acquisition is much quicker and more natural than with the shitty pistol sights that come stock on the S-12.

That said, those Troy sights look nice... they'd work similarly to the Krebs, as they're the same general design, (AR front post with an aperture rear sight).

• Like 1

I was shooting clays today using Krebs combat sights, and we were busting'em up.

Sharing with my new friend Drew, he just happens to be the range owners 17 yr'ol son, taking turns with my S12.

He shoots trap any time he wants, shoots competitively and is very good, he is also a avowed pump action fanatic.

Well, I may have yet another convert, he said the S12, "... is the first auto I've ever liked shooting, it must be the pistol grip, do they make these in a longer barrel?"

I told him they make 24", and have various chokes for'em, he said, "Could be my next gun."

Anyways,

he was a little hesitant about how the Krebs's would perform under pressure.

But he said the same thing most people say, myself included, great sight picture, fast target acquisition and accurate.

I prefer mine with the rear insert out, wide open rear ring.

I prefer mine with the rear insert out, wide open rear ring.

I haven't tried mine without the insert yet.. I'll have to do so next time I go shoot trap. Either way, that's just another great thing about the Krebs sights: you have that option. Insert in for longer distance slug shooting.. take out the insert for better dynamic trap shooting.

I have a set of the of these on one of my ar15,s and I have a set of magpul Mbus on one of my saiga,s and the magpul,s are made of polymer but they hold up great on there with and the troy sights should have 0 problem with holding up on the saiga

post-17989-12534252124905_thumb.jpg