Duke I am so sorry. Please know that you, your father and your family have been in my thoughts a lot lately. My deepest condolences. It sounds good that he had his loved ones right by his side til the end. I'm not sure what is best to say but I'm very sorry bro.

Shannon

• Like 1

Well I thought I should let you all know that my Father passed away last Thursday night. He was surrounded by most of his family. I was holding his right hand and my son was rubbing his left arm when he passed away. He went very peacefully and we know he went to a better place. we did receive a miracle though in the fact that while my Father was coherent those two days he was doing so well, he had the chance to set things right with the Lord and tell us so. He also was able to hear and respond when we told him we loved him. I would like to thank you all for your prayers, words of kindness, and thoughts.

Sorry to hear that he passed.

Glad to hear that he had an opportunity to set his affairs in order & that you & your family were able to be there with him.

That's what family is all about.

Hang in there man.

So sorry for your loss Duke.

Mere words don't do much to comfort. Thank you for having the courage to come here and share one of your darkest moments with us, we'll continue to be here for you as long as you need.

My codolences to you and yours.

Dean

• Like 1

This is one of the toughest times any man faces.

A good Dad will leave behind quite a void!

You and your family have my prayers.

Big +1

Once again, Duke, so sorry for your loss.

time alone will heal your wound. I don't look forward to the day I'm there.

Hang in there bro.

Paul

Edited by Paulyski

I am just reading this now with tears running down my face. Sadness for what you and your family have been going through..and tears of joy for your father finding salvation and being in a WHOLE lot better shape than those of us down here! Death of a family member or a friend is so tough on the ones left behind, but for those who know HIM as their Saviour, it's the ticket to eternal happiness! My prayers will continue to go out to you and your family, but "Daddy" is havin a big time now!! PTL!!

For those who believe in the power of prayer My Father could use some. He suffered a life threatening massive stroke this morning. A massive blood clot basically blew up 5 veins and damaged his carotid artery. I just returned from the hospital where he endured several hours of surgery and is as the doctors say stable but far from being in the clear. He is in very serious condition and the next 48 hours are critical. Thank you all.

Thanks again to you all for the kind words, prayers, and thoughts. We know he is in a better place but the loss is still hard to take. My Mom wanted me to take his guns so I went and got them yesterday. I will teach my wife how to shoot with his little .22 semi auto and maybe my daughter as well.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of your father. You are very fortunate to have been there while he passed. My condolences. When it comes down to it all, their is only family and friends. You can't take anything with you. Remember and rejoice the good times that you had with him.