Big ass jars of peanut butter, big ass jars of honey, vitamins. Glock 10 mm in a Pelican 1150 case with 11 mags and 156 rds. Saiga 12 with 2 20 rd drums. aspirin, Gerber tool, Zip ties, duct tape, "astronaut blankets", portable water purifier, crank powered portable radio. Small first aid kit. Aspirin., germx hand sanitizer. Cooking kit and fuel bars. Don't really plan to bug out, where would you go? Need to get wood to fortify house/windows/doors. Rural area. Home sweet home.If it gets that bad, there is no where to run. Find friends that don't live in a major city and make plans to unite.

TROMIX you stole my daughter's Hello Kitty BOB! How could you!

Another forum member directed me over to ZombieHunters.org - those guys are nuts about BOB gear. Best thing to do is to create a BOB and then go for a hike with it. If you can't carry guns, load up equivalent weights and see how you do. It's very educational.

A ruck sack can start getting heavy after a few miles with only 40 pounds in. Ammo and water are really heavy. Body armor might be comfortable when you put it on, but add all your fully loaded pouchs and walk around 6+ hours and see how comfortable it is then.

• Like 1

Between seven years as a fireman and a few contracting, I've gotten a pretty good idea of what will kick my ass quickly. I do actually run/hike daily with my current pack on with my pup Jacks. He will in the future be carrying his own h2o since the sudden increase in weight has literally about killed me (I'm back home now and have gotten VERY lazy, until the dog I don't think I had run in a year), but he's only five months so will get there. I like to travel as lite as I can but in order to achieve what I'm looking for Ive backed down the types of weapons and had to seriously consider whats really worth carrying. For example 12ga ammo=very heavy, I have a grand total of 15-12 rd mags that alone is a ton of weight.

So I guess it's up to each individual as to what they think will work for them.

A ruck sack can start getting heavy after a few miles with only 40 pounds in. Ammo and water are really heavy. Body armor might be comfortable when you put it on, but add all your fully loaded pouchs and walk around 6+ hours and see how comfortable it is then.

True.

Many people overlook the physical conditioning that is needed to actually put most of these plans into motion. If you are serious, now is the time to start training yourself. I run 3 miles three times a week. I also bike, lift weights and calisthenics. I wear a 40 lbs weight vest most of the time when it is not socially unacceptable. I also work out with some young fellows at the local MMA/Hapkido School.

I have been training for a test I must take in December. I can now run the quarter mile in 1:57 with 62 Lbs of weight and in addition carrying a Saiga 12 and Glock 20 plus a pistol belt. This is after running up 30 stairs.

I am sure that there are some out there that can do better! But, if you can not even come close, perhaps your survival plans should be more static in nature.

True.

Many people overlook the physical conditioning that is needed to actually put most of these plans into motion. If you are serious, now is the time to start training yourself. I run 3 miles three times a week. I also bike, lift weights and calisthenics. I wear a 40 lbs weight vest most of the time when it is not socially unacceptable. I also work out with some young fellows at the local MMA/Hapkido School.

I have been training for a test I must take in December. I can now run the quarter mile in 1:57 with 62 Lbs of weight and in addition carrying a Saiga 12 and Glock 20 plus a pistol belt. This is after running up 30 stairs.

I am sure that there are some out there that can do better! But, if you can not even come close, perhaps your survival plans should be more static in nature.

Agreed, most Rambo types fail to see the importants of conditioning/training and think that they can just shoot their way out of a pinch. Poor misinformed suckers won't last long.

True.

Agreed, most Rambo types fail to see the importants of conditioning/training and think that they can just shoot their way out of a pinch. Poor misinformed suckers won't last long.

Technology over toil!

post-20803-12557036528994_thumb.jpg

True.

Technology over toil!

Nice!!! :lolol:

Wanted to add something I haven't seen yet, magnesium or some other fire starter that works in wet conditions.

Ahem....Blastmatch is in my kit... :smoke:

Oops, missed it, sorry :angel:

Let's see....One .45-caliber automatic, two boxes ammunition, four days' concentrated emergency rations, one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills, one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible, one hundred dollars in rubles, one hundred dollars in gold, nine packs of chewing gum, one issue prophylactics, three lipsticks, three pair of nylon stockings ... Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff...

Now all you have to do is figure out how to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. Best movie ever.