Brazil: Gangs shoot down Brazil police chopper, 2 dead

at least our gangs dont shoot down Police Helis.....

They tried post Katrina, or so I heard. :eek:

Brazilian gangs must apparently be better marksmen (or just lucky). :ded:

Edited by Gaddis

Yeah they did shoot at alot of the choppers and boats during the rescue of the refugies in katrina hit a few never took any down like that though.

Yeah they did shoot at alot of the choppers and boats during the rescue of the refugies in katrina hit a few never took any down like that though.

Must be hard to get a good aim firing a gat sideways on a rooftop bouncing around on the waves. :lol:

Besides the Police Choppers and boats circling the area didn't have any Dubs on 'em. :P

Rio is ROUGH, last time I was in Sao Paulo, I asked about going to Rio to see the "beaches", but was told that we couldn't because the hiway was closed. My dumb ass asked why, because of construction, was told no, that the gangs where shooting at each other across the road, that police had to close several miles because so many drivers had been hit by stray bullets. Time before that, wife and I where down there and stood on our hotel balconey one night and watched 3 different cars get robbed while sitting at the street light, within 1 hour. Down there, if you are first at the light, it's unwritten rule to stay back about 2-3 car lengths. Beautiful place to visit, beautiful women, and great food, but dangerous as hell. last I heard, the average pay was about $2-3.00 hr.

I refer you all to the excellent films "City of God" and "Elite Squad". On the latter, Police corruption is so bad that they had to call in an elite Military Police Special Forces Squad to clear the shanty towns (Favelas) of armed gangs in time for the Pope's arrival. Wonderfully entertaining; these two cult classics. :ph34r: