I am wanting to ship some ammo from my residence to another residence and am having problems getting answers from the big 3, UPS, USPS, Fedex, Can this be done or does this have to be FFL to FFL. I live in Illinois and would be shipping 200 rounds to another buyer. I am a contributor and the ammo is regular varmint rounds.

I wanted info before doing a post in the WTS section.

I thought there was a sticky on this, can't even find a post about it.

Okay, I've shipped ammo, I always ship UPS, because FedEx and USPS have bizarre rules.

You should ship in a sturdy box and it must be marked ORM-D.

Here's the label I use, feel free to copy it, I did it up in Illustrator awhile back and have since released it to the public domain.

ormd-smallarms.png

If they ask you what is in the box, you should say cartridges, because there are bizarre definitions of various things such as ammunition in the shipping world.

As a side note, ORM-D stands for Other Regulated Materials - Domestic, here's the wikipedia article on it, if you want to know more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORM-D

Edited by vbrtrmn

^ Vibrator man, that's funny :lolol:

I wouldn't write "cartridges, small arms" on it. ORM-D should be plenty and wont be a red flag for the guys working the dock to have it "fall off the truck" and into their trunk. ORM-D is used on a lot of stuff so better to be more generalized IMO.

I wouldn't write "cartridges, small arms" on it. ORM-D should be plenty and wont be a red flag for the guys working the dock to have it "fall off the truck" and into their trunk. ORM-D is used on a lot of stuff so better to be more generalized IMO.

That's a NEGATIVE!!! It *NEEDS TO BE LABELED*

It is no more likely to fall off the truck labeled that way as any other... I dont know too many people who want to lose their employment in this day and age for a few bucks worth of ammo...

vibrator man

That's ALWAYS what *I* thought his name was... just without vowels... :unsure:

:smoke:

Use the above ORM-D label and use UPS or Fed-X Ground. You cannot ship via mail or the UPS/FED-X Air.

Done this alot when selling ammo on GB this past few months.

You should also request a copy of the buyers DL for age verification as required by many ammo dealers online these days. CYA.

That's a NEGATIVE!!! It *NEEDS TO BE LABELED*

It is no more likely to fall off the truck labeled that way as any other... I dont know too many people who want to lose their employment in this day and age for a few bucks worth of ammo... Where do you get your ammo from :haha:

Really, that's weird. I have gotten ammo from ammoman that had no specifics on it, and was told it was not nessisary. Then again I have never actually shipped ammo, so it is all here say from me.