56 members have voted

1. 1. "SHTF" section?

I'm in. groups? Meeting places? advice?

Meeting places in different states. kewl idea.

Personally, I don't really care either way if a SHTF sub-forum is added or not...................but if it were, it would seem a little nutty to publicly post any "meeting places" on the internet, no? Even if it were like Fight Club, and required a "password", that's still no security whatsoever, considering the only thing needed to see the password is simply signing up with the forum.

I would recommend keeping specifics to PM's with people local to you who you feel you can "trust", and not posting things like "Hey, if the SHTF, let's meet at <insert place>. Bring all of your guns and supplies!".

It sounds like a good idea at first but turns into a major skyline type of thing. And by skyline I mean unwanted attentions drawn from unwanted people. Almost as bad as the "so what do we all look like" thread. Total skyline.

Edited by Botasky1

I came to Saiga-12.com because I like Saigas and I learn a lot about them and there are a lot of knowledgeable and interesting people here. You kick my ass sometimes, but you also have helped me out a lot of with my Saiga. If I want survivalism and SHTF, I think I'd wander over to a forum specific to that and those topics. As it is, I'm a member of some of those and people there have very strong feelings about the role shotguns fail to play in many SHTF/survivalism scenarios. As it is, we have all these great Saiga sub-forums and SHTF scenarios aimed around the practical application of different Saigas falls easily into the existing structure.

Unlike the AK, I was attracted to the Saiga because of its commonality with the AK - maybe 1% - and 99% semi-auto assault shotgun capabilities. Vendors who help keep the forum free and the Saiga products and services they sell make my Saiga better and more fun than it being a safe queen. This forum was a godsend, but it would have been very dissappointing to have AK-survivalism type arguments popping up as the predominant scenario threads here.

What is the role for the S12 in a SHTF scenario? Why not just put that in the S12 sub-forum? Think that Sx39 is the bomb and Mad Max should be remade featuring the Sx39 rather than hand crossbows? Put it in the General Discussion forum. If enough people dive onto the thread, the Mods can sticky it. Need a bug out bag and are wondering at the weight/volume issues of different caliber/types of ammo, toss it in General or Off Topic.

I enjoy the survival forums I'm active on, but they are very very different from the Saiga-12. I'd prefer to keep it that way.

I'm with the camp that believes it would attract negative attention to the sight. I'm sure there are plenty of forums that deal with this specifically.

Check out warriortalkforum, they have lots of good info without being too psycho (last I checked). I had to disassociate myself with that forum when guys started asking shit like "What tennis raquet case would best conceal an underfolder AK?" That's a mall shooter waiting for his day to shine!

I could see it going either way. As far as "unwanted attention" I'm sure that all gun/survival boards are watched to an extent. And I understand the part about the bonds that we have with each other. Whether it be a dedicated section or general talk, makes no difference. As was stated, if a "real SHTF situation happen, PM's and numbers can be exchanged to get together if you don't already have a close knit family /friend group to meet up with.

Talk and the exchange of ideas is always fun and educational, whether it be here or on other forums.

I had to disassociate myself with that forum when guys started asking shit like "What tennis raquet case would best conceal an underfolder AK?" That's a mall shooter waiting for his day to shine!

Aw come on man, that's just looking for a discreet rifle case. I've even seen pics here of other members with similar setups; guitar cases, sporting goods bags, and tennis bags specifically.

Discretion is a good thing, when it comes to guns, IMO. While I don't personally use something as discreet as those mentioned above, I do like my rifle cases to not scream "I HAVE A GUN IN HERE!", for a couple reasons, none of which involve illegal activity.