Chinese vs. Bulgarian metal magazines

....or are they both good?

Copes Distributing is selling them. Supposed to be new or nearly new. Want to pick up a few for the SGL21. Need pre-bans here in NY and Copes has been good about sending them here in the past.

Thanks.

Bob

Chinese Flatbacks are MORE g2g....

The Chinese flatback mags are MORE good to go than the Bulgarian mags? On what basis do you make that claim?

Ergonomics. I do not like the back rib on my hands. Further, if conducting an emergency reload, where you are whacking the magazine latch and the mag in one fluid motion to release it, I like the idea of hitting a flat surface rather than a back rib.

The Chinese flatback mags are MORE good to go than the Bulgarian mags? On what basis do you make that claim?

Ergonomics. I do not like the back rib on my hands. Further, if conducting an emergency reload, where you are whacking the magazine latch and the mag in one fluid motion to release it, I like the idea of hitting a flat surface rather than a back rib.

That's why you get a RAM2000 speed catch. Emergency mag changes a breeze. Just hit the mag in the weapon on the rear anywhere, and it flips out.

I have used everything from Chinese flat backs in the 80s, East German, Bulgarian, and Romanian. All are flawless. I use a KVar US polymer follower in my steel mags, both for parts count, and for smoother, almost self lubricating feeds.

maybe it's my bullet guide but i like a mag that will shoot any ammo with no worries.

All Commie mags Feed well, the issue is the ease of removal during potential emergency reloads. I think flat backs work slightly better at this. They also have the advantage of being easy to handle on the fingers.

That's why you get a RAM2000 speed catch. Emergency mag changes a breeze. Just hit the mag in the weapon on the rear anywhere, and it flips out.

I have used everything from Chinese flat backs in the 80s, East German, Bulgarian, and Romanian. All are flawless. I use a KVar US polymer follower in my steel mags, both for parts count, and for smoother, almost self lubricating feeds.

since I have to reload anyway why not slap it out with another mag, and than feed that mag in? it saves a step without having the RAM2000.

BigSal. No offence but in what inference do Chinese trump Russian (aka combloc) mags when you gripe ALL DAY about UTG?????

Had to toss this out..

I prefer Bulgy to others but considering $20 each for them now (even at shows here) equals nada' these days.

The issue is flatback-chinese vs. ribbed european/russian. Do you understand my reasons given above? Or was I unclear?

To repeat this for the umpteenth time:

If it's an AK magazine produced by a country that manufactured and issued Kalashnikovs, it's g2g.

I assume you're talking steel mags now, (since of course Bulgy polymer mags have no "rib" on the back).

Honestly, I don't really care if a steel mag has that back rib or not. You don't have to grip it in a way that digs that rib into your palm, y'know. :D In fact, the presence of the back rib can be advantageous, if you use that rib to your benefit when you handle the mag.

To repeat this for the umpteenth time:

If it's an AK magazine produced by a country that manufactured and issued Kalashnikovs, it's g2g.

I assume you're talking steel mags now, (since of course Bulgy polymer mags have no "rib" on the back).

Honestly, I don't really care if a steel mag has that back rib or not. You don't have to grip it in a way that digs that rib into your palm, y'know. :D In fact, the presence of the back rib can be advantageous, if you use that rib to your benefit when you handle the mag.

Yeah this is a steel mag debate. I prefer Bulgy 10's as well, but when using steel, I prefer the Chinese Flat-backs for the following reasons (so that its crystal clear and people can counter my flawless logic)

1: Flat Backs have greater ergonomics

2: Flat Backs allow for marginally more effective emergency reloads

3: Flat Backs put less stress on your magazine pouch, or bag, allowing for less degradation and less potential for tears.

:smoke:

This is so silly.

In reply to bigsal:

1. Personal preferance, I like the extra tactile cue myself, but then I have large hands so gripping 2 ribbed mags is no problem.

2. Yeah, you might scratch the paint on your mag if there were a rib. :rolleyes:

3. Or the extra drag on the more exposed rear tab might chew a hole after 3004 removals instead of 3012! :cryss:

TLDR; I agree with Nalioth, it's all good.