C2 Manufacture full auto Saiga 12

I understand this is a taboo subject on most forums. I am not looking to have this discussion on the public forum, just PM's. I am very familiar with the m-16 auto sears function, but i am needing to convert a couple ak's over as test / demo weapons.

I am a 07/02 FFL, and can prove it if necessary. So this is legal for me to do. If you have any information please PM me. I would like to make sure the conversions are done correctly.

yeah, not looking to sell anything on here now. maybe later and i would become a vendor here first.

Thanks for the replies.

Most forums if you post for info on converting a firearm to full auto, you tend to get the "why you cant own it, and it will just put you in jail" response.

I will give van killer a PM, i assume he is the one on youtube? And if anyone else has any other suggestions on people please let me know.

it might be better if you called the office, and asked if you could borrow one of Tom's FA guns on a demo letter, or maybe just buy one from him. 740 942 3175 mon-fri till 6 or 7pm EST. Or maybe a trade or something. That would be up to Tom, really. Im not allowed to discuss any of Tom's gunsmithing techiniques that I know, and I am sure he will be a little hesitant to just hand over trade info, but give him a call. Im sure you two can work something out. Its not like its some big secret on how a FA AK works, but having something in-hand is lightyears beyond any book or paper you can read.

-Ben V.

• Like 1
Most forums if you post for info on converting a firearm to full auto, you tend to get the "why you cant own it, and it will just put you in jail" response

People are probably worried about taking a conspiracy to mfg. charge, for passing info along. Patriot Act crap and the ATF has a long history of being dirty (not just in the 'petty' sense, I mean they do what it takes to get their man, or just ruin him). Used to be they were only after FFLs or rich individuals with asset forfeitures they could flip, on top of staggering fines to the gov at sentencing. Or different groups(the less dangerous type, eg, David Koresh) who stockpile the stuff. Bomb makers and free agent contract hitmen.

Now though, you got kids catching a case on "Constructive Possession" for AOW cause the VFG on his M4 could possibly be placed on the Pic rail of his Glock 21SF. Random warrantless visits asking permission to inspect guns of homeowners along the Mexican border... That's why i'm not taking any chances with this 922r stuff. I got pulled over with a WASR, cop took it to run the number when he found it and others in my trunk...I guarantee he didn't so much as see if the safety lever had an auto fire position(was confounded to discover the lack of manual bolt hold open), much less seize for technicians to do a compliance parts count. Cause it was the State Police, my old pimpmobile Brougham matched the description of a vehicle know to be running Ecstasy up north (later found out from another source, after complaining of being pulled over and searched 3 of 5 times in 2 weeks, one trooper commenting I had the 'Messiest car he's seen in 20 years on the force", LOL but not as funny as the cars slowing to a crawl to see a Kalashnikov weilding LEO and me seated on his bumper, or me demonstrating how to open the chamber of a old Winchester auto, classic). Came back it wasn't stolen or whatever, I wasn't drunk, wasn't the dealer they were looking to take down with thousands of Canadian red apples, here's your rifles sir, I'm giving you a warning to have your muffler fixed (or "weaving"?), drive safely.

But this stuff is the ATF specialty and they're really enforcing, now on just regular people shooters and collectors. We all have to be careful these days, know the laws to CYA. Seems like outside this forum, many a casual saiga buyer gets a hi cap or even pg with fixed or folder even saw a pgo, and have no clue they are breaking any law. Don't be some Boy Scout but if you think someone would want to know, let them know just because an accessory is commonly available and used, there is more to it, it could turn their gun into contraband. The FFL who sold me the S-12 didn't know the US made hicaps weren't compliant.

With the ATF you don't want their attention on ya, regardless, based on past history and abuses (kittens stomped to death and whatnot). Not even the little guys anymore. Treasury Department,the IRS, with SWAT teams. Internet posting knowledge of converting semis to select fire, is not inconcievable that might put a person on their radar, or worse. We all could be now anyway (on the radar), talking about possible future Destructive Devices (It was ATF's call to put that on Street Sweepers and USAS 12's, out of the clear blue years after the AWB ceased their production). Boston's Gun Bible (must read, if you have only one book on guns) advises against using .50 BMG internet forums, but also promotes only private transfers. My S-12 came with a 4473 so here I am, learning how to make something FAR better than a Cobray Street Sweeper.

Sorry, but the government can't even identify a Muslim terrorist in the US military, who is telling everyone his thoughts, and letting them know he likes the enemy.

And on top of that, is communicating with known Terrorists, whom they are not arresting either

All the idiots in the federal government, and Army did was promote him.

The feds are busy searching 10year old Caucasians girls, and old white ladies at the airport to notice the 5 people who match "the Profile" conversing with each other, but yet get seated in different parts of the plane. Actually happened to me.

I do not see much to fear, if I am a regular generally law abiding citizen.

They can't even catch the obvious criminals, so I doubt they will bother me, when I am not a criminal, and possibly interested in how to convert a gun into select fire.

Seems secrets are easier to get out of a Nuclear research facility than find out how to do a select fire.

Edited by jtp

My business isn't AK's. I deal in springfield m1a's. I just love them. The Ak is for testing some suppressor designs, however if a c3 dealer needed a post sample ak then i would sell it. but Post sample sales dont happen that often for the small manufacturers like myself. It is just as easy to contact one of the bigger boys and buy a sample from them.

I am just looking for some advice. There is plenty of advice on the internet, tons of guides, it is pretty easy to find how to do it, and to make it happen. However. some times it is best to just ask some one who has more experience working with what you are wanting to do so you don't wind up hurting yourself or others.

• 2 weeks later...
Its not like its some big secret on how a FA AK works, but having something in-hand is lightyears beyond any book or paper you can read.

Is it safe to say the S12 would be converted to select-fire the same way any other semi-ak would be converted? Slotted rail, full auto FCG, 3rd hole, etc? Or something like the "AK DIAS"? I'd LOVE to see Tony's design on that one, though I understand it will never happen due to his...ummm..."visitors" soon after that one initially got out. The German guy's video goes a long way towards explaining the idea, though. Would it be safe to say that Tony's design is similar to the German guy?

I have no plans on converting my guns to select fire, nor do I wish to have a Club Fed vacation, nor do I wish to have any orifices expanded by my cellmate named "big Joe". I'm just a curious sort, and I like to figgur out how stuff works. :)

dont take this the wrong way motoguy, but I am not at liberty to divulge such information over the inet. there are states where it is illegal to possess or distribute certain types of information, and this being the inet, well, there ya go.

plus what Bob said is true. which brings me to the point of I wont discuss Tom's tradecraft, either.

• Like 1

dont take this the wrong way motoguy, but I am not at liberty to divulge such information over the inet. there are states where it is illegal to possess or distribute certain types of information, and this being the inet, well, there ya go.

plus what Bob said is true. which brings me to the point of I wont discuss Tom's tradecraft, either.

Understood.

Just remember - when you drill the 3rd axis pin hole IT BECOMES A MACHINE GUN no other parts need to be added. If it has 3 axis pin holes it IS a MG Once a MG ALWAYS a MG.

The conversion is not that difficult, but do be careful with your paperwork!

Just remember - when you drill the 3rd axis pin hole IT BECOMES A MACHINE GUN no other parts need to be added. If it has 3 axis pin holes it IS a MG Once a MG ALWAYS a MG.

The conversion is not that difficult, but do be careful with your paperwork!

pound-me-in-the-ass-prison1.jpg

Sorry, I just had to! ;)