(CNN) -- A U.S.-flagged ship that played a central role in a bloody hijacking drama last spring was attacked again Wednesday, a busy day for piracy in the dangerous waters off the east coast of Africa.

The Maersk Alabama came under automatic weapons fire from pirates about 350 nautical miles east of the Somali coast, the European Union's anti-piracy force said, but fought the attackers off.

The same ship was hijacked in the Indian Ocean in April, and its captain, Richard Phillips, held hostage on a lifeboat for five days before U.S. Navy snipers shot three pirates dead. A fourth pirate was arrested, and Phillips was rescued.

This time, private security guards on the Danish-owned ship fended off the pirates by shooting back and using loud sounds, EU and U.S. naval sources said.

Security has been beefed up on the vessel since the attack in April, Maersk spokesman Kevin Speers told CNN.

No casualties were reported on the ship, but pirates on land in Somalia feared the attackers may have been killed or wounded, or may have drowned, they told a local journalist. There has been no contact with them since they attacked the Maersk Alabama, a pirate in the central Somali town of Harardhere said.

Pirates in Somalia are concerned about them, since their last communication was while they were battling the cargo ship's security guards, the pirate said.

(CNN) -- A U.S.-flagged ship that played a central role in a bloody hijacking drama last spring was attacked again Wednesday, a busy day for piracy in the dangerous waters off the east coast of Africa.

The Maersk Alabama came under automatic weapons fire from pirates about 350 nautical miles east of the Somali coast, the European Union's anti-piracy force said, but fought the attackers off.

The same ship was hijacked in the Indian Ocean in April, and its captain, Richard Phillips, held hostage on a lifeboat for five days before U.S. Navy snipers shot three pirates dead. A fourth pirate was arrested, and Phillips was rescued.

This time, private security guards on the Danish-owned ship fended off the pirates by shooting back and using loud sounds, EU and U.S. naval sources said.

Security has been beefed up on the vessel since the attack in April, Maersk spokesman Kevin Speers told CNN.

No casualties were reported on the ship, but pirates on land in Somalia feared the attackers may have been killed or wounded, or may have drowned, they told a local journalist. There has been no contact with them since they attacked the Maersk Alabama, a pirate in the central Somali town of Harardhere said.

Pirates in Somalia are concerned about them, since their last communication was while they were battling the cargo ship's security guards, the pirate said.

LOLOLOLOL!!!! Yep, I read about that this morning. Apparently the US military had the area under surveillance - the pirates called in right after the attack, and then were not heard from again.

My guess - some lucky pilot, or Naval aviator got in some live fire practice, and rendered the former pirates into ragged bits of tasty shark chum.

Wish I could have seen the looks on their faces!!!

WS

• Like 1

"...but pirates on land in Somalia feared the attackers may have been killed or wounded, or may have drowned, they told a local journalist.

Pirates in Somalia are concerned about them..."

Typical media journalist. Humanizing the attacker rather than the victims.

• Like 1

Gee whiz... Remember the Libtards crying about how useless defending yourself against the pirates would be?

How it would only anger the pirates and they would be more likely to kill everyone?

How the crew members would be inept at defending themselves?

Same ass'inine argument they use for citizens defending themselves with firearms:rolleyes:

Throughout maritime history, a good contingent of Marines (Armed security guards) has always been paramount for ship defense.

Now train/arm every ship and every willing crew member, and the pirates will be scared to hit any countries shipping they know to likely be armed.

I love when news stories have happy endings :devil:

• Like 1

... Wish I could have seen the looks on their faces!!! WS

Well they started out like this :angry:

Then as the battle turned it turned to this :eek:

And by the time it was over, most were like this :ded:

Sorry, that was the best I could do! I hope this helps!

Edited by Azrial
  • Like 2

A couple of friends of mine and I decided after the attacks were becoming more widespread to just get a really big tanker full of chum. Install a device to despense the chum on a regular basis, every 15 minutes, and pilot it into the Gulf of Aden, post 4) 50cal M107's on the 4 corners of the ship, and when the Pirates come to call, just shoot their boat. You don't have to kill the pirates, just sink their boat. The sharks will do the rest.

The problem is related to the destruction of fisheries off the coast of Somalia which were the livelihood of these poor sods. It is ironic that we call these guys pirates and ignore the crimes of the big polluters who created the problem. :smoke:

• Like 1

The problem is related to the destruction of fisheries off the coast of Somalia which were the livelihood of these poor sods. It is ironic that we call these guys pirates and ignore the crimes of the big polluters who created the problem. :smoke:

We're so pleased to have you here as the board liberal, Sal. Your perspective is always entertaining - if not entirely realistic.

So, you're basically saying "Dont blame the poor pirates, they are just victims of polluters doing the best they can to make a living."

Perhaps you are right that they are just simple fishermen, driven to desperation by the callous greed of others.

Whatever the truth may be - I want some of whatever it is that you are smoking. That's some good shit!

We will have to agree to disagree. I think every one of those motherfuckers should be hunted down and killed.

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied
  • Like 3

Comeon. At first it was because of foreigners fishing their waters, then they found more money in hijacking container ships. It is now greed plain & simple!

Shitbags like these are why you or I can't sail around the world in a 35' sloop anymore without worrying about getting robbed or worse.

Firebomb their damn ships & give them a choice, HOT or COLD.

It's appeasers like you that make it profitable for them to operate.

If some gangster type was robbing your house, would you just let them because you feel guilty about their socioeconomic situation!?

Give me a fucking break.

They need to outfit each ship with a radar guided phalanx (CWIS) & say screw the security. Make em dance!

:blues:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH5RVTS4QxA

Here's our latest pirate killer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK-Nt6abUIo

Hey! What's that near the top? Is it R2-D2 with a hard-on???

Nope... It's a Phalanx!

Edited by Paulyski
  • Like 1

Comeon. At first it was because of foreigners fishing their waters, then they found more money in hijacking container ships. It is now greed plain & simple!

Shitbags like these are why you or I can't sail around the world in a 35' sloop anymore without worrying about getting robbed or worse.

Firebomb their damn ships & give them a choice, HOT or COLD.

They need to outfit each ship with a radar guided phalanx (CWIS) & say screw the security. Make em dance!

Agreed. While their fishing grounds may have been destroyed by over fishing, the taking (or attempt) of a container ship in International waters displays nothing but greed for money. The last time I checked, they are not fishing from container ships. I feel bad for anyone in any nation that is in poverty, but when a person decides that it is easier to steal something rather than work for something, then they themselves become the problem. Let them find the Davy Jones locker.. :smoke:

We're so pleased to have you here as the board liberal, Sal. Your perspective is always entertaining - if not entirely realistic.

So, you're basically saying "Dont blame the poor pirates, they are just victims of polluters doing the best they can to make a living."

Perhaps you are right that they are just simple fishermen, driven to desperation by the callous greed of others.

Whatever the truth may be - I want some of whatever it is that you are smoking. That's some good shit!<IT IS!> :smoke:

We will have to agree to disagree. I think every one of those motherfuckers should be hunted down and killed.

WS

Well, I don't consider myself a liberal, but surely even you must acknowledge that every action has very distinct consequences. The consequences of western corporations riding rough-shot over the fisheries off the coast of Africa is an impoverished population willing to engage in risk-behaviors in order to secure a living. The facts speak for themselves....

Edited by bigsal

The problem is related to the destruction of fisheries off the coast of Somalia which were the livelihood of these poor sods. It is ironic that we call these guys pirates and ignore the crimes of the big polluters who created the problem. :smoke:' />

Whatever the truth may be - I want some of whatever it is that you are smoking. That's some good shit!<IT IS!> :smoke:' />

WS

Well, I don't consider myself a liberal, but surely even you must acknowledge that every action has very distinct consequences. The consequences of western corporations riding rough-shot over the fisheries off the coast of Africa is an impoverished population willing to engage in risk-behaviors in order to secure a living. The facts speak for themselves....

Maybe Obama can organize the Somalian community and put the neighborhood criminals in a office like he did in the U.S. That sounds like a Liberal's solution to this grave socio-economic problem.

PS.....with a little luck the pirates won't murder the UK couple their holding for ransom.

Maybe Obama can organize the Somalian community and put the neighborhood criminals in a office like he did in the U.S. That sounds like a Liberal's solution to this grave socio-economic problem.

PS.....with a little luck the pirates won't murder the UK couple their holding for ransom.

People with small minds generally take out of my posts what they will, but the facts remain: Piracy is a symptom, not the disease. If you want to solve the problem, you attack it at its source.

Not suse what Obama has to do with what I was saying, maybe you thought you would come across as witty, or funny, so I won't call you an idiot for bringing him up.

:smoke:

• Like 1

People with small minds generally take out of my posts what they will, but the facts remain: Piracy is a symptom, not the disease. If you want to solve the problem, you attack it at its source.

Not suse what Obama has to do with what I was saying, maybe you thought you would come across as witty, or funny, so I won't call you an idiot for bringing him up. :smoke:

Well he is from that neck of the woods, so I understand the inference.

I understand what you are saying here though when you claim that Piracy is only symptomatic of the decline in the local fishing industry...

On the other hand when most honest men face hardship they do not instinctively turn to evil... unless that is their natural predilection.

I however am convinced that if we kill enough of them, the problem will stop, they will consider some less risky, more honest means, of solving their personal financial shortcomings.

In fact, I guarantee it! :chris::killer:

Edited by Azrial

Not suse what Obama has to do with what I was saying, maybe you thought you would come across as witty, or funny, so I won't call you an idiot for bringing him up. :smoke:

I understand what you are saying here though when you claim that Piracy is only symptomatic of the decline in the local fishing industry...

On the other hand when most honest men face hardship they do not instinctively turn to evil... unless that is their natural predilection.

I however am convinced that if we kill enough of them, the problem will stop, they will consider some less risky, more honest means, of solving their personal financial shortcomings.

The problem is by *WE* you mean the various militarizes that are funded by taxpayer dollars. So, multinational corporations dump their waste off the Coast of Africa and I am supposed to subsidize the consequences of their activity? Fuck no.

Actually the same argument works here state-side. It is a lot cheaper to properly educate and train an inner city youth than to lock him up/ police him.

Now, Azrial, I know you are against the bail-outs, so why are you *FOR* bailing out the mega-corporations???

• Like 1

The problem is by *WE* you mean the various militarizes that are funded by taxpayer dollars. So, multinational corporations dump their waste off the Coast of Africa and I am supposed to subsidize the consequences of their activity? Fuck no.

Actually the same argument works here state-side. It is a lot cheaper to properly educate and train an inner city youth than to lock him up/ police him.

Now, Azrial, I know you are against the bail-outs, so why are you *FOR* bailing out the mega-corporations???

So you are saying the the pirates are only attacking the multinational corporations whose ships dump their waste off their coast and have consequently destroyed their fishing?

OR

Are you saying because some "multinational corporations" have supposely dumped their waste off the Coast of Africa and destroyed these former fisherman, now turned pirates, fishing grounds they have gained a moral license in your book to attack, kidnap and rob innocent third parties? Which you have to admit sounds a lot like terrorism...

Because is sounded a lot like the latter was the case that you were making. :rolleyes:

Sal... I'm calling bullshit on this douche bag libtard attempt to characterize every individual criminal act as the result of some perceived corporate or societal inequity. Enough already.

Your motivation is clear and pathetically transparent. You are obviously an individual who's self righteous narcissism does not allow you to take personal responsibility, and you feel compelled to excuse all others who refuse to shoulder their loads from personal responsibility as well.

This isn't the first time you have heard this, and I am not the first person you have encountered to bring this to your attention.

Get off your soapbox, Sal. Nobody's buying.

WS

• Like 1

Not suse what Obama has to do with what I was saying, maybe you thought you would come across as witty, or funny, so I won't call you an idiot for bringing him up.

:smoke:' />

You're right, piracy is a symptom.........of evil. It's typical liberal thinking to blame immoral and criminal behavior on social conditions. They have a choice....and they choose evil. These pricks think they have a right to attack, shoot, kidnap and even kill others because they can't fish anymore. Give me a break. You are clearly a flaming liberal and an arrogant one at that. I'm with Azrial, kill enough of them and it will stop.

So you are saying the the pirates are only attacking the multinational corporations whose ships dump their waste off their coast and have consequently destroyed their fishing?

OR

Are you saying because some "multinational corporations" have supposely dumped their waste off the Coast of Africa and destroyed these former fisherman, now turned pirates, fishing grounds they have gained a moral license in your book to attack, kidnap and rob innocent third parties? Which you have to admit sounds a lot like terrorism...

Because is sounded a lot like the latter was the case that you were making. :rolleyes:

Azrial:> Neither. I don't think I ever talked about the moral licence to attack innocents or commit piracy. My argument is clear, if you want to stop piracy attack the source. In the case of Somalia, the reason these folks are driven to piracy is due to their livelihoods being taken away. I don't think I could be more clear.

WaffenShit and Wolverine:> Kindly suck my balls. I really don't appreciate being called arrogant, or narcissistic.

OR

Azrial:> Neither. I don't think I ever talked about the moral licence to attack innocents or commit piracy. My argument is clear, if you want to stop piracy attack the source. In the case of Somalia, the reason these folks are driven to piracy is due to their livelihoods being taken away. I don't think I could be more clear.

WaffenShit and Wolverine:> Kindly suck my balls. I really don't appreciate being called arrogant, or narcissistic.

Sho nuff Big Sack...lol But seriously, you do come off as arrogant and narcissistic. Actually, I said self righteous and narcissistic....

You absolutely delight in stirring the pot to bring attention to yourself, and the premises upon which you state your arguments are as absurd as they are off base.

Pirates are attacking shipping, because crack whores in Oregon aren't getting what they need in public high school.. you know, shit like that.

The "suck my balls" statement is a nice touch, and precisely what Cartman would have said!

Cheers!

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied
  • Like 1

OR

Sho nuff Big Sack...lol But seriously, you do come off as arrogant and narcissistic. Actually, I said self righteous and narcissistic....

You absolutely delight in stirring the pot to bring attention to yourself, and the premises upon which you state your arguments are as absurd as they are off base.

Pirates are attacking shipping, because crack whores in Oregon aren't getting what they need in public high school.. you know, shit like that.

The "suck my balls" statement is a nice touch, and precisely what Cartman would have said!

Cheers!

WS

Heh, well I was responding to both of you clowns at once, the other guy called me arrogant, you called me a narcissist. Doesn't matter, my argument was clear and is valid. I invite you to re-read my posts until you ether agree with them, or agree to disagree. This petty name calling is really not your style. Also I hate you. :haha:

• Like 2

Azrial:> Neither. I don't think I ever talked about the moral licence to attack innocents or commit piracy. My argument is clear, if you want to stop piracy attack the source. In the case of Somalia, the reason these folks are driven to piracy is due to their livelihoods being taken away. I don't think I could be more clear. ...

Oh, I think that you are clear, you said that the piracy is a "consequence" of our "riding rough-shot" over their fisheries. So we are basically in agreement on this point, you must make people aware of the consequences of their actions.

That is the real beauty of killing enough of them, it will make them consider some other, less evil solution to their problems, besides piracy, kidnap and murder. I mean they could try asking for our help. they might get it, we certainly don't owe them anything!

If someone attacks me or my family I do what is needed to protect myself, not try to get to the root of their aggression. Perhaps you should consider selling your Saiga and investing in a therapist couch?

Also, I must point out that we know my plan will work, yours is pretty iffy... :)

If someone attacks me or my family I do what is needed to protect myself, not try to get to the root of their aggression. Perhaps you should consider selling your Saiga and investing in a therapist couch?

Also, I must point out that we know my plan will work, yours is pretty iffy... :)

What if someone attacks your families livelihood. What if you cannot do anything about that attack. What if your only feasible solution was to turn to immoral, or even illegal behavior?

The fact is, these pirates are just symptoms of a broader globalist agenda that doesn't really weigh the effects of large scale actions. The real enemy aren't these thugs (although I do agree they should be policed/imprisoned) its the system that made them.

What if someone attacks your families livelihood. What if you cannot do anything about that attack. What if your only feasible solution was to turn to immoral, or even illegal behavior?

The fact is, these pirates are just symptoms of a broader globalist agenda that doesn't really weigh the effects of large scale actions. The real enemy aren't these thugs (although I do agree they should be policed/imprisoned) its the system that made them.

Oh noes! Another muslim feels wronged, so people must be kidnapped and killed! rolleyes.gif

My livelihood has been attacked in the past and I did not turn to evil, because I am not an evil man. These men are doing the evil that that their fathers and grandfathers did before them. Just read your history.

The roots of their criminal activity may well be based on in some injustice that was done them, but if their response to this is evil my votes remains to kill them and send them straight to hell. If we had been doing this snice it started it would be a minor mark in history now.

I know that this seems insensitive of me, but I am a practical man. You see in many years of dealing with criminals I have never met one that did not have one reason or another for doing their crimes. It is like my Father always told me, when a man really wants to do something, one reason is as good as another.

Perhaps by blowing these pirates into small enough pieces we can provide enough nourishment to the fish population to help bring back their numbers. 022.gif

Now that is good thinking! :lolol: