Would you support public executions?

Where do you stand?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand?

• I would support public executions
    • I am neutral
    • I would not support public executions
    • Where can I sign up for the firing squad

I might support them if there was any reason to believe that it would do any good. A bit of research will show you that the death penalty is not an effective deterrent to crime. It seems that the serious criminals don't do a whole lot of worrying about silly things like the consequences of getting caught.

In another vein I would like to think that such barbaric activities are one of the things that separate the US of A from extremist Muslim and communist countries where they do such things.

While there may be some validity to the studies that show capital punishment is not an effective deterrent in the US, I'm currently in an "extremist Muslim" country where I can safely walk the streets at midnight with hundred dollar bills hanging out of my pockets. Violent crimes, street crimes and property crimes are almost unheard of in places where criminals regularly lose body parts. I've witnessed public executions here on two separate occasions, and I definitely feel safer here as a kafir (infidel) than I do as a citizen in most American cities. Do I think we should adopt their criminal justice system? No, but I've seen more "barbaric activities" at home than abroad.

Regards,

Sapper

Edited by Sapper
  • Like 3
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might support them if there was any reason to believe that it would do any good. A bit of research will show you that the death penalty is not an effective deterrent to crime. It seems that the se

"Trollish"? Not at all. It looks like you have become defensive and employed the common technique of Projection to protect your ego. You said that you liked the fact that you could 'walk down the s

I guess in my book "regular" and "almost unheard of" are contradictory terms.   Well if you like it so much there maybe you should look into immigrating. Good luck with that.

Posted Images

I might support them if there was any reason to believe that it would do any good. A bit of research will show you that the death penalty is not an effective deterrent to crime. It seems that the serious criminals don't do a whole lot of worrying about silly things like the consequences of getting caught.

In another vein I would like to think that such barbaric activities are one of the things that separate the US of A from extremist Muslim and communist countries where they do such things.

Man killing man isn't barbaric, that would depict it as primitive, and that would be a foolishly narrow mindset. Its as natural as any other social interaction though admitedly extreem, and our methods for doing so have come quite a long way with the rest of society.

Capital punishment is a ultimate punishment as it ensures without a shadow of a doubt that the person in question will NEVER have a chance to conduct themselves in the maner they did.

If you think a life sentance ensures this please see the thread about the pardon that allowed some police to be killed.

Edited by Nailbomb
  • Like 3

Violent crimes, street crimes and property crimes are almost unheard of in places where criminals regularly lose body parts.

So what are these 'regular amputations' being done for if there are no crimes being committed?

I wrote "almost unheard of."

And there are no repeat offenders.

Regards,

Sapper

Edited by Sapper
  • Like 2

I guess in my book "regular" and "almost unheard of" are contradictory terms.

Well if you like it so much there maybe you should look into immigrating. Good luck with that.

Really, Flash? That's a bit trollish don't you think?

And while I'm not going to feed the troll, a closer reading of my post will show that I DON'T think we should adopt their criminal justice system. Theirs is a flawed philosophy (as is ours - ask the families of Mike Huckabee's mistake). I was expressing an opinion that obviously differs from your own. But a childish remark like "maybe you should look into immigrating" seems to indicate more emotion than logic, and I guess our constructive discourse is at an end. I apologize if I touched a sore spot with you, but relax dude - it's only the Internet.

Regards (still),

Sapper

• Like 2

I guess in my book "regular" and "almost unheard of" are contradictory terms.

Well if you like it so much there maybe you should look into immigrating. Good luck with that.

Really, Flash? That's a bit trollish don't you think?

And while I'm not going to feed the troll, a closer reading of my post will show that I DON'T think we should adopt their criminal justice system. Theirs is a flawed philosophy (as is ours - ask the families of Mike Huckabee's mistake). I was expressing an opinion that obviously differs from your own. But a childish remark like "maybe you should look into immigrating" seems to indicate more emotion than logic, and I guess our constructive discourse is at an end. I apologize if I touched a sore spot with you, but relax dude - it's only the Internet.

Regards (still),

Sapper

"Trollish"? Not at all. It looks like you have become defensive and employed the common technique of Projection to protect your ego. You said that you liked the fact that you could 'walk down the street with hundred dollar bills hanging out of your pockets' where you are. I just want you to be happy buddy. If that floats your boat then you should have it. You are the one doing the name-calling and you are right about one thing - our constructive discourse is at an end.

• Like 1

Excuse me?

But we have the death penalty and we do use it.

Problem is, we don't use it as a punishment for more crimes, we don't utilize it nearly as often as we should, prisoners are held for decades before being executed, and they aren't really a public spectacle.

We need to use it, use it often, hold truly speedy trials & appeals and then execute immediately and make those executions very public.

The criminals will pay heed when they know that the executioner awaits them for a particular crime.

Barbarism? Definitely! Take off the liberal bleeding heart kids gloves and start serving up some real Old Testament style Justice.

Once again, lets let the cops shout, "STOP! Or I'll shoot!" and mean it.

Make prisoners work, they must pay/contribute to their room & board, not the us, the taxpayers.

Same for our servicemen/women, let soldiers be soldiers, I want rough & ready, death dealing, ass kicking, fierce warriors, not the fucking half assed police the liberals want them to be.

If our soldiers are the ones that have to catch your terrorist ass, expect it to get handed to you, on your way to the stockade.

Let the generals fight the wars, keep the politicians out of it, wind'em up and let'em go.

They need to do whatever it takes, screw collateral damage/casualties, they need to wage all out war, our enemies should beg for us to call off the dogs of war.

Again, we need more barbarism.

• Like 2

Actually, it's a great deterrent to crime. Because once the son of a bitch is hung, he ain't gonna commit any more crimes. And who knows, maybe his kin and friends will get the message and stop their crimes before they get the same.

• Like 3

I voted yes. Actually, I like the idea of the public executions in the town square like they do in the middle east. Now that's some crime deterrent shit. Steal, cut off your hand. Kill, cut off you head. Rape, ........................ Hahahahahhaa!!!!

• Like 2

Actually, it's a great deterrent to crime. Because once the son of a bitch is hung, he ain't gonna commit any more crimes. And who knows, maybe his kin and friends will get the message and stop their crimes before they get the same.

Incorrect. As the cold, hard facts here show, the murder rate is higher (often significantly so) in states having the death penalty every year since 1990. Other studies show the same. It may seem like a good idea but it doesn't work.

• Like 1

Excuse me?

But we have the death penalty and we do use it.

Problem is, we don't use it as a punishment for more crimes, we don't utilize it nearly as often as we should, prisoners are held for decades before being executed, and they aren't really a public spectacle.

We need to use it, use it often, hold truly speedy trials & appeals and then execute immediately and make those executions very public.

The criminals will pay heed when they know that the executioner awaits them for a particular crime.

Barbarism? Definitely! Take off the liberal bleeding heart kids gloves and start serving up some real Old Testament style Justice.

Once again, lets let the cops shout, "STOP! Or I'll shoot!" and mean it.

Make prisoners work, they must pay/contribute to their room & board, not the us, the taxpayers.

Same for our servicemen/women, let soldiers be soldiers, I want rough & ready, death dealing, ass kicking, fierce warriors, not the fucking half assed police the liberals want them to be.

If our soldiers are the ones that have to catch your terrorist ass, expect it to get handed to you, on your way to the stockade.

Let the generals fight the wars, keep the politicians out of it, wind'em up and let'em go.

They need to do whatever it takes, screw collateral damage/casualties, they need to wage all out war, our enemies should beg for us to call off the dogs of war.

Again, we need more barbarism.

You'd fit right in in Iran. Just swap the Koran for a Bible. Personally I am a Good Christian so I share my views on the topic with these Christian leaders.

• Like 1

Incorrect. As the cold, hard facts here show, the murder rate is higher (often significantly so) in states having the death penalty every year since 1990. Other studies show the same. It may seem like a good idea but it doesn't work.

You've missed my point completely. The death penalty deters the offender from ever repeating his crimes....because he is dead. If he weren't dead he would be adding to the crime statistics as rates of recidivism are ridiculously high. Another great reason for locking criminals up and keeping them there instead of recycling them three to five times like we are prone to do now.

• Like 1

The problem is some of you people dont care about the other side of the coin like I do. Covicted criminals have FEELINGS too!!!

A more sensitive person would under stand this. So the only logical why to solve this problem is to Quickly stop the warm hearted blood flow to their misguided brains and thereupon all sence of feelings will no longer exist for them.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

• Like 1

The problem is some of you people dont care about the other side of the coin like I do. Covicted criminals have FEELINGS too!!!

A more sensitive person would under stand this. So the only logical why to solve this problem is to Quickly stop the warm hearted blood flow to their misguided brains and thereupon all sence of feelings will no longer exist for them.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

lg308,

I'll join your "Wicked Sensitive Crew!" :super:

Regards,

Sapper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3eZ-KgwXkY

• Like 1

Another thing to consider, and I'm not bullshitting here, is that it has been proven that shortly following an execution, the level of violent crime rises in the area immediately surrounding the location of the execution. None of the criminologists' studies that I read had any solid research to prove why, only that it did occur.

Buncha lefties on the forum all of a sudden?

Just people with brains.

Sir, you have a brain like a steel trap -snapped shut and rusted. I came from rough streets and made my way out with hard work and God given talent. It is obvious you have no life experience to form an intelligent opinion. Please go troll somewhere else until you grow up.

• Like 1

Another thing to consider, and I'm not bullshitting here, is that it has been proven that shortly following an execution, the level of violent crime rises in the area immediately surrounding the location of the execution. None of the criminologists' studies that I read had any solid research to prove why, only that it did occur.

Dat just be da survivin' family members blowin' off some steam. :lol: