need your feedback on paperwork

I am back,stirring the pot up again. I was wondering how all you other members' states do the paperwork on your long gun purchases-aside from the FFL 4473 that we all fill out at the store.

I ask this because in Kalifornia when we buy a long gun-shotgun,semi rifle,lever,etc,etc and the info goes to the state for the background 10 day wait,NO INFO ON THE LONG GUN IS TRANSMITTED,just the word 'long gun'-no make,caliber,action,nothing,AND I can do as many longuns at one time as i want for one fee.THIS IS A KEY ISSUE WITH THE AWB IN KALIFORNIA.

The state forced us legal owners to fork over ALL the info on our rifles that is on the 4473 on a nice index card,thumbprint,AND $20 for 'processing'. This to 'register' our weapons EVEN THOUGH they are already legally bought and registered!? This farce was concocted by some bastard because the state does not have access to the FFL dealer's paperwork so they used strong arm tactics like the mob-give the info and pay us and we won't label you a FELON,(nevermind that is the DOJ's fault the system is to blame and not us). This is exactly like extorting protection money the mafia way.

This law violated the 4th amendment-right against illegal search/seizure,5th-self incrimination,6th-due process of law and others because 'you' had to give them all the info they need on a nice index card-so they do not need to show evidence in an investigation with specifics for a warrant,they just pull your card.You also incriminated yourself because you 'freely' gave the info they are not entitled to by the feds unless there is an investigational necessity.They should have read us all our Miranda Rights but change it to'anything you can and do write down will be used against you'

I guess I just get incensed when I do everything legally,have all the paperwork,etc, but time after time I am labelled a crook due to some politician's whim and career at stake and the fact that it is the system's fault that long gun info is not transmitted to the state.

Last point,yea they are 'illegal' but if I would find a saiga in Kalifornia and do a private party transfer through a FFL dealer,do the background,wait,etc and it says 'ok' given the points on how paperwork is done,am I still a felon or is the state jacked up? Sorry I went on for so long,please give me some feedback,I am pondering some legal course on this in the future.And everyone,please do a web search and look at what the turds in washington have planned for September,if the AWB goes into Revision 2,WE ARE ALL SCREWED,I mean ALL shooters of whatever rifle type,action,etc.

Thanks and love the Saiga12 site.

What paperwork are you wanting to know about? The stuff I, the consumer, fill out or the stuff the FFL must fill out?

When I buy a gun I fill out the one colored paper with all the YES or NO questions on it stating I'm not a felon, an illegal alien, insane, etc. That's it. The FFL calls it in to the FBI right there for approval and I'm out the door with whatever the gun is, rifle, pistol, or shotgun. That's how things are run in KY....hassle-free. I imagine CA, NJ, NY, and DC are a bit more complicated.

Here in NY it sound just like Kysoldier in KY, you fill out the yellow paper, they call the feds and they approve or reject right over the phone.Oh ,yeah, you need a driver's license for ID.Then out the door you go with your new rifle.It's pretty simple here in NY>

• 1 month later...
Guest Wilkin

Stevem, I also live in NY. Can I buy/is the Saaiga-12 legal in NY. Went to local shop yesterday, had such a bad experiance I forgot to to aske if it was legal in NY. This shop had never herd of Saiga, and was not registered with a dealer who sold it. I had to drag out of him proceduer for buying the gun and having it shipped to him. Maybe he was put of because I knew what I wanted. At any rate I contacted CDNN and they were great. I just have to wait till they get stock in and in the mean time I'll look for anothe gun shop. One more question. I live on NY-Pa. line can I buy gun in Pa. gun shop? Wilkin

thousand son, my suggestion is to get out of california

all i do here in the great state of Texas is answer the yes/no questions on the yellow sheet, show my drivers license, they call fbi, and i walk out the door with a new gun. it takes about 10 minutes for the whole process

Indiana is simple also. Walk in. Answer the "yes no" paper. They make the call and if the answer is good, pay, you walk out with the gun. Need Drivers lisence. A Handgun permit makes handguns even quicker.

Indiana is a "shall issue" state, meaning if there is no reason for you not to have a handgun lisence, you can get one.

In Michigan fill out yes/no sheet, Driv. lic. or ID confirmation. They call FBI and you pay. If you have a CCW you buy any weapon no questions asked, pay and walk! My brother in Indy has pistol permit it cost 25 bucks. no training class. In michigan safety class cost is avg. $175-125 and 16 hrs. then you apply for CCW for $105 for 5 yr.permit. It's all about money in our state(mich). We have to pay big bucks to get a CCW, yet, Our state accepts CCW from most all other states. You can check out this website for all laws and regulations for all states U.S. gun laws Good luck!

:smoke: Yea it is 'fun' living in a state the is so politically correct I wwant to wretch!!!

Get this,there is a ray of hope for me,I can(and will when I am employed again) apply for a NEVADA CCW even though I am a CA resident,this means I can carry in a bunch of other states and be legal BUT NOT IN CA! even though our WORST enemy F5^%$$stein has one!?!?!?! Gotta run ,see ya !!!

• 1 month later...

paperwork. yeh, where I am in NY, longarm purchases are just the federal background form and ID. walk in, buy a few guns, fill out the same paper a few times, and yer all set. pay and spray.

but our pistol permits....no class you have to take. 100 to file, it WAS 20 per weapon, lifetime permit. that is all changing now to 5 years renewal, 200 or something every five years for the concealed carry, (which you need in NY state to even BUY a pistol now), and an additional 20 or something per handgun on that permit every five years. the big collectors here that i know of are major pissed off because even antiques will have to be handled in this manner. one guy has 250+ colts alone that ive heard of. do the math. thousands every five years. If you DONT renew, you will have ten days to sell ALL your non-renewed pistols, or the cops will come and seize them (and probably you as well).

Also in NY state, you cannot carry a pistol in any of the large cities here without another permit from the local sherriff and you need an excuse to have it. There is also many other fine, obscure laws we have here that I just could go on for hours about. Its NOTHING like california, or DC though.

Wilkin:

Can I buy/is the Saaiga-12 legal in NY.

yes, and you can shoot it anywhere where there is not a "no firearm discharge" ordnance. Lots of counties in NY you cant fire centerfire rifles legally. The saiga-12 is not a rifle, its a shotgun. so you can shoot it just about anywhere.

Went to local shop yesterday, had such a bad experiance I forgot to to aske if it was legal in NY.

yes it is

This shop had never herd of Saiga, and was not registered with a dealer who sold it. I had to drag out of him proceduer for buying the gun and having it shipped to him. Maybe he was put of because I knew what I wanted.

the guy sounds like a crook. most places do 45 bucks or less for the transfer to you, you pay for the guy up front and order it from the FFL holder's store, they fax over thier FFL, and its on its way. every time ive asked a dealer to do this, they are more than happy to. A good shop doesnt need to rip everyone off that walks through the door.

At any rate I contacted CDNN and they were great. I just have to wait till they get stock in and in the mean time I'll look for anothe gun shop.

I have a few awesome stores in my area. Im in the Dutchess County region.

One more question. I live on NY-Pa. line can I buy gun in Pa. gun shop? Wilkin

You can buy from any adjacent state, that which is legal to possess in both states. When you transport a non-concealed carry weapon in NY, and Im sure PA as well, you must store the gun, the ammo, and the magazines all in seperate places of the vehicle they are in, AND you should declare that you have a weapon in the car if you are pulled over and asked to step out of the car. You can get charged with some stupid b.s. misdermeanor for not declaring it at that point. One thing you have to watch out for is states outside of NY with ammunition laws. You get caught in NJ with hollow points for instance, its a class b felony or some shit PER ROUND!