Wow, you guys were right...

this is a totally different rifle once the conversion is done. It is balanced better, swings easier and it pulls right up tight to the body. I like the Warsaw stock. It just feels right. Test firing went without a problem, I can not remember the last time I had so much fun test firing.

All told $225ish for the parts and $350 for the rifle, not bad. Now to get the PKAS setup. And I know, I know, pictures. As soon as I get a different paint job on there. The Engine enamel looks horrid. It does not match the rest of the gun at all. How tough is the betty crocker bake a gun stuff?

this is a totally different rifle once the conversion is done. It is balanced better, swings easier and it pulls right up tight to the body. I like the Warsaw stock. It just feels right. Test firing went without a problem, I can not remember the last time I had so much fun test firing.

All told $225ish for the parts and $350 for the rifle, not bad. Now to get the PKAS setup. And I know, I know, pictures. As soon as I get a different paint job on there. The Engine enamel looks horrid. It does not match the rest of the gun at all. How tough is the betty crocker bake a gun stuff?

Just curious. Which engine enamel did you use? The first one I used was awful (nasty - sticky - slow drying - tough to remove), the second was great, better than I could have expected.

WS

Just curious. Which engine enamel did you use? The first one I used was awful (nasty - sticky - slow drying - tough to remove), the second was great, better than I could have expected.

WS

What engine enamel did you use btw Waffen?

WS

What engine enamel did you use btw Waffen

I asked you first, so if you tell me you used what I use, I'll know you're full of it, or didn't apply it properly. :haha:

Duplicolor 500 degree low gloss black. Light coats applied as soon as they are dry to the touch. Dries quickly. Extremely durable.

I have a diesel mechanic friend who rebuilds Peterbuilts, Kenworth engines, etc. Swears by it. Someone screwed around with him on an invoice, and he painted their engine pink (doesn't come in pink, but he managed it anyway - probably mixed red and white).

Anyway - regardless of what Azrial says, it's great stuff. BTW, he'll be along shortly to tell you I'm full of shit. Don't listen!!!

WS

WS

What engine enamel did you use btw Waffen

I asked you first, so if you tell me you used what I use, I'll know you're full of it, or didn't apply it properly. :haha:

Duplicolor 500 degree low gloss black. Light coats applied as soon as they are dry to the touch. Dries quickly. Extremely durable.

I have a diesel mechanic friend who rebuilds Peterbuilts, Kenworth engines, etc. Swears by it. Someone screwed around with him on an invoice, and he painted their engine pink (doesn't come in pink, but he managed it anyway - probably mixed red and white).

Anyway - regardless of what Azrial says, it's great stuff. BTW, he'll be along shortly to tell you I'm full of shit. Don't listen!!!

WS

I also used the Dupli , and think it looks great .

I used Rustoleum Black BBQ and stove paint. High heat and looks great, and pretty tough, though easy to touch up.

SaigaWood.jpg

Very nice. Looks like a real AK47.

OK PA, Mav, and Shooter - Corrected answer.... It is not an AK 47 and does not look like one as it has a stamped and not a milled receiver. Therefore it looks - well sort of - like an AK 103, albeit a bastard version.

Now, you have insisted on making me, and the OP look like total asswipes. Happy with yourselves?

Condescend much? (Does not apply to Brits as answer becomes rhetorical)

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied

I used Rustoleum Black BBQ and stove paint. High heat and looks great, and pretty tough, though easy to touch up.

SaigaWood.jpg

Very nice. Looks like a real AK47.

That's because that is exactly what it is:)

WS

I held back from replying to oldandslow's original comment, but now that you've seconded it, WS, I can't continue to do so.

imarangemaster's rifle is not "a real AK47", it is basically an AK-103, (with wood furniture), minus selective fire and the OEM folding stock, (similar to a SGL rifle built by Legion).

The differences between the two rifle designs are not huge, but they are significant. ;)

Edited by post-apocalyptic

See the "Journalists Guide to Firearms Identification" for further clarification.

post-18546-12609703139521_thumb.jpg

I rest my case.

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied

Congratulations on a beautifully converted Saiga.

WS

... Anyway - regardless of what Azrial says, it's great stuff. BTW, he'll be along shortly to tell you I'm full of shit. Don't listen!!!

WS

Nonsense!

I yield to your obviously considerable expertise in applying cheap crappy paint jobs to AKs from materials found at your better Wal-Marts and as recommended by top diesel mechanics!

Next we will feature a report on the best brand fuel regulators to keep your 1898 -1996 Peterbilt 376 motor in top running condition by a gunsmith that lives down the street!

Stay Tuned! :haha:

Edited by Azrial

... Anyway - regardless of what Azrial says, it's great stuff. BTW, he'll be along shortly to tell you I'm full of shit. Don't listen!!!

WS

Nonsense!

I yield to your obviously considerable expertise in applying cheap crappy paint jobs to AKs from materials found at your better Wal-Marts and as recommended by top diesel mechanics!

Next we will feature a report on the best brand fuel regulators to keep your 1898 -1996 Peterbilt 376 motor in top running condition by a gunsmith that lives down the street!

Stay Tuned! :haha:

Thank you for your overdue capitulation on this issue Azrial. Not all of us finish our weapons with elixirs made of the rarest and most expensive materials, so that we may hang them on the wall as a shrine to the gods of war.

Some of us just want to take those suckers out and shoot a couple hundred rounds without worrying about whether they get a nick or scratch on the $300 paint job.

To each his own buddy;) It's good to know you're still following my posts with such vigor! ROFLMAO!!!

WS