Has you considered that we are about 3 1/2 Trillion more in debt than we were a little over a year ago? What does that mean? I have to use my imagination to come close to realizing just what that really means. Allow me to illustrate -

How big is a million? When a baby is 1 Million seconds old, he/she is 12 days old. Pretty cute, huh?

When that same baby is 1 Billion seconds old, he/she is 32 years old. Interesting.

When that same baby is 1 Trillion seconds old, he/she will be 32,000 years old. What?

Think about it, you could spend 1 dollar a second for the next 112,000 years before you spent the 3 1/2 trillion we have been put into debt in the last year alone in the USA.

Roughly 16 weeks ago the current administration discovered that if they were to take ALL the taxes they collect, they couldn't even pay the interest on the loan. Guess what their response was? They hired another 12,000 IRS agents to concentrate soley on audits. Your chance of an audit just increased by 23.89% and you can double that if you have an entity (LLC, C-Corp. and etc.).

Just thought I would share. smile.gif

That's going to be amusing... How do you squeeze money out of small businesses already on the brink of failure because there is virtually no disposable cash actually circulating in the economy.

I guess we're either going to have to print more money to build Federal prisons just for the "little guy", or make the credit card companies and banks get in line behind Uncle Mao.

Is this a cornerstone of the new "recovery" program (pogrom)? I hope not, because while it may look attractive from 30,000 feet, at ground zero it's an absolute loser.

WS

I had a random thought to hlep get our selves out of debt. Any one faceing life in a cell should be shot dead. This gives back about $100 per day per person, or so says the History channel's U.S. jails program. Can anyone tell me why we keep people alive, only to die of old age in jail?

• Like 1

That's going to be amusing... How do you squeeze money out of small businesses already on the brink of failure because there is virtually no disposable cash actually circulating in the economy.

I guess we're either going to have to print more money to build Federal prisons just for the "little guy", or make the credit card companies and banks get in line behind Uncle Mao.

Is this a cornerstone of the new "recovery" program (pogrom)? I hope not, because while it may look attractive from 30,000 feet, at ground zero it's an absolute loser.

WS

Something to think about for sure, WS.

In the war between Provider and Recipient, the Recipient ultimately loses once the Provider is defeated.

Eventually the providers (people like us) are gonna stop providing.

I had a random thought to hlep get our selves out of debt. Any one faceing life in a cell should be shot dead. This gives back about $100 per day per person, or so says the History channel's U.S. jails program. Can anyone tell me why we keep people alive, only to die of old age in jail?

Be careful what you wish for Datastick. Many of us may face life in jail at some point.

Edited by Kevin in Texas
  • Like 2

Be careful what you wish for Datastick. Many of us may face life in jail at some point.

This is off topic, and probably horribly un-PC. But, I have waaay too many thoughts - some of them perfectly logical.. and, I believe I have the solution you seek.

The problem with keeping prison confined sociopaths alive is that it is expensive and time consuming.

Instead of building expensive prisons, why not simply apply a solution which allows hopeless criminal types to remain at home.... as technological quadriplegics.

That's right... instead of an ankle bracelet, just implant a device which interrupts the brains commands to the lower extremities. Not a big deal... just Sort of a pacemaker (or peacemaker) for habitual violent or sexual offenders.

For the duration of the sentence, these folks are confined to a push cart with a built in bed pan and feeding tube.

Instead of devoting huge amounts of taxpayer dollars... They can be parked in any corner with a remote control television, and a blow tube with which they can change channels between episodes of "Jerry Springer", "Who Wants to be a Millionaire", and "Decorating Sense (HGTV)".

Of course, a shock collar with a publicly available universal remote would be very handy to deal with complaints, grievances, or in exchange for a one dollar donation toward victim compensation via an approved LE website.

Perhaps it's not a perfect solution, but IMHO, it's an improvement over what we are currently doing.

WS

Edited by WaffenSchmied

I guess we're either going to have to print more money to build Federal prisons just for the "little guy",

Don't forget to make room for the people who don't purchase healthcare.

Alas, I don't know much but I do know politicians.

They will print more money, hoping our productivity will offset the devaluation of the dollar.

I have no faith that it will work out well. I fear that our dollar will buy what 10 cents (or less) will buy today.

(groan)

Nick

I guess we're either going to have to print more money to build Federal prisons just for the "little guy",

2010 CAN be an excellent year. You have a vote, and I have a vote, and so does your next door neighbor, grocery checker, bagger, jeweler, mechanic, tax advisor, car wash attendant, and resident libtard.

It comes down to this. If you vote for crushing taxes, you are certain to get them. If you voted for change (instead of full value), congratulations.... change you got.

Be assertive, be pragmatic, be vocal!!!

WS

2010 CAN be an excellent year. You have a vote, and I have a vote, and so does your next door neighbor, grocery checker, bagger, jeweler, mechanic, tax advisor, car wash attendant, and resident libtard.

It comes down to this. If you vote for crushing taxes, you are certain to get them. If you voted for change (instead of full value), congratulations.... change you got.

Be assertive, be pragmatic, be vocal!!!

WS

By reading a lot of your posts on this forum, I see that you are a very knowledgable person. (Along with others on this forum)

I have a random thought maybe you can help me with.

I've actually been thinking about this a lot lately.

For the record,

I didn't vote for "Change" because I knew it was all bullshit from day one.

Anyways,

I'm definitely voting in 2010.

So are millions of others.

My question is will it be too late?

At the rate these clowns in office are going,

Healthcare and Cap n Trade could already be a reality by the next election. (Not good, AT ALL)

Then what? Are we stuck with it or can it be turned around?

It seems to me that the ones in power now don't really care about what we think or what we want.

Just want to fulfill their agenda.

I've been assertive, pragmatic and vocal.

Just like millions of others.

What are your thoughts about this?

In the war between Provider and Recipient, the Recipient ultimately loses once the Provider is defeated.

Eventually the providers (people like us) are gonna stop providing. ...

Actuality, I think of it more as Host and Parasites.

Too many and the host dies and then all the parasites follow.

• Like 2

My solution is practical but not very controversial . Keep my side of the street clean, continue to work hard to keep my head above water, exercise my right to vote, and tell it like I see it, regardless of political expediency.

And, buy more ammo.

WS

• Like 3

We have been through this before, Government spends us into an impossible debt load. Then they raise interest rates to double digits until the debt in 'old dollars' is easily paid off with worth LESS 'new dollars'.

As a young man I was not able to buy a house due to 22% interest rates on home mortgages - UNTIL Nixon wanted to get re-elected and dropped the rate on VA loans to 8%.

Study history. If you do not know history, you are condemned to relive it! Nothing is new under the sun. Those who have the $$$$ to manipulate the system do not create NEW ways to increase their $$$$, they use the old tried and true ones over and over again!

Edited by G O B

This is off topic, and probably horribly un-PC. But, I have waaay too many thoughts - some of them perfectly logical.. and, I believe I have the solution you seek.

The problem with keeping prison confined sociopaths alive is that it is expensive and time consuming.

Instead of building expensive prisons, why not simply apply a solution which allows hopeless criminal types to remain at home.... as technological quadriplegics.

That's right... instead of an ankle bracelet, just implant a device which interrupts the brains commands to the lower extremities. Not a big deal... just Sort of a pacemaker (or peacemaker) for habitual violent or sexual offenders.

For the duration of the sentence, these folks are confined to a push cart with a built in bed pan and feeding tube.

Instead of devoting huge amounts of taxpayer dollars... They can be parked in any corner with a remote control television, and a blow tube with which they can change channels between episodes of "Jerry Springer", "Who Wants to be a Millionaire", and "Decorating Sense (HGTV)".

Of course, a shock collar with a publicly available universal remote would be very handy to deal with complaints, grievances, or in exchange for a one dollar donation toward victim compensation via an approved LE website.

Perhaps it's not a perfect solution, but IMHO, it's an improvement over what we are currently doing.

WS

WS:> In this country we are protected from cruel and unusual punishments you sick fuck. That being said, I don't think they have the technological capability to do what you propose.

The remote to my TV is broken as well. I blame you and people like you for that... :haha:

Itis interesting that today the following was reported, "The Senate passed on Sunday a massive spending bill that wraps up $1.1 trillion of the $3.6 trillion annual budget for fiscal year 2010, which started Oct. 1. The House has already passed identical legislation, and President Obama has indicate he'd sign it."

In light of what is common knowledge this is somewhat telling, is it not? I wonder what their agenda is? LOL

We have been through this before, Government spends us into an impossible debt load. Then they raise interest rates to double digits until the debt in 'old dollars' is easily paid off with worth LESS 'new dollars'.

As a young man I was not able to buy a house due to 22% interest rates on home mortgages - UNTIL Nixon wanted to get re-elected and dropped the rate on VA loans to 8%.

Study history. If you do not know history, you are condemned to relive it! Nothing is new under the sun. Those who have the $$$$ to manipulate the system do not create NEW ways to increase their $$$$, they use the old tried and true ones over and over again!

I don't know your age, but YOU might have been through this before, unfortunately the people that are going through it now are getting hit with WAY bigger bills than any other administration that went before. Some people say the biggest tax event in the history of all mankind, bar none. You have no idea of the crippling debt that this will incur. Plus, the 'tards are wanting to add Cap and Trade and a few more bailouts, such as the appliance trade in and add to it the several trillion dollar health care. Fuck, the dems are spending money like they have it. I also read where they will pay a company the wages of an employee, if the company agrees not to layoff that employee. In my mind, every company in the US should hold the gov hostage, and demand wages for the employees, or face the firing. Where does it end? I'll tell you where, when we are all in the poor house and a third world country, just like China wants. It is past time to take our once proud country back from the fucking congress and senate and the foriegn intrests and make a fucking stand. We are on the rim of a huge shithole, and starting to go down fast. How much do you love your country? How much do you want to see your kids have the same country that you grew up in? The Bankers and wall street are making sure that will never happen. I hope your kid learns how to speak Chinese.

I don't know your age, but YOU might have been through this before, unfortunately the people that are going through it now are getting hit with WAY bigger bills than any other administration that went before. Some people say the biggest tax event in the history of all mankind, bar none. You have no idea of the crippling debt that this will incur. Plus, the 'tards are wanting to add Cap and Trade and a few more bailouts, such as the appliance trade in and add to it the several trillion dollar health care. Fuck, the dems are spending money like they have it. I also read where they will pay a company the wages of an employee, if the company agrees not to layoff that employee. In my mind, every company in the US should hold the gov hostage, and demand wages for the employees, or face the firing. Where does it end? I'll tell you where, when we are all in the poor house and a third world country, just like China wants. It is past time to take our once proud country back from the fucking congress and senate and the foriegn intrests and make a fucking stand. We are on the rim of a huge shithole, and starting to go down fast. How much do you love your country? How much do you want to see your kids have the same country that you grew up in? The Bankers and wall street are making sure that will never happen. I hope your kid learns how to speak Chinese.

I feel that much worse is coming than just being poor.

WS

+1 Then all they could do is THINK about his/her crime.

I have always thought that if you kill someone YOU should die by the same method....

WS

WS:> In this country we are protected from cruel and unusual punishments you sick fuck. That being said, I don't think they have the technological capability to do what you propose.

The remote to my TV is broken as well. I blame you and people like you for that... :haha:

Let me guess - you have your radio permanently tuned to NPR, and your favorite TV program is "Queer Eye". :smoke:

• Like 1

Actuality, I think of it more as Host and Parasites.

Too many and the host dies and then all the parasites follow.

You mean parasites as in alot of people went into voting booths last year and came out with a bad case of crabs? :angel:

Edited by Kevin in Texas
  • Like 1

My solution is practical but not very controversial . Keep my side of the street clean, continue to work hard to keep my head above water, exercise my right to vote, and tell it like I see it, regardless of political expediency.

And, buy more ammo.

WS

I agree with you totally.

I'm all about personal responsibility.

I've done well for myself in my life because of that very reason.

This is the US Debt Clock

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Unsustainable.

This has nothing to do with personal responsibility.

It is has everything to do with corruption and an agenda.

Shit, Look at what 1911 just posted

"Itis interesting that today the following was reported, "The Senate passed on Sunday a massive spending bill that wraps up $1.1 trillion of the $3.6 trillion annual budget for fiscal year 2010, which started Oct. 1. The House has already passed identical legislation, and President Obama has indicate he'd sign it."

Like I posted earlier,

these clowns are using the Cloward Piven Playbook.

This agenda has been decades in the making.

I have been hearing about the Progressive Revolution for years and didn't really pay any mind to it.

Well, I should have because it's here and it is coming at us full throttle!

Lately, I've been hearing a lot of people say that "We need to stop this, we need a Revolution."

What people don't realize is that the Revolution began back in January of this year.

Right when O walked in the door.

If it was about personal responsibility, many of us would not even be having this conversation.

Unfortunately, we do.

I appreciate the reply. :up:

It has common sense all over it and that is all we can do as an individual.

As far as the big picture goes where we have no control,

take it day by day.

Personal Responsibility might take on a whole new meaning.