How many guns are ready to go to war - NOW?

Thought I would throw this out there just as an afterthought. What nation on our planet has the oldest original surviving form of government?

The answer to this should make all on here who think America is secure within itself to rethink their position. I do not want anything bad to happen to my country but most every civilation/country/government in history has eventually torn itself apart and likeminded individuals gather together to form different nations/governments. All but the youngest nations which has not yet stood the test of time.

Exactly. ROME fell and they were, what, at least 600 years old or so. We're young by comparison.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How many gun owners are there in the US? What, 90 million or something like that?   How many have guns or mags or ammo that haven't actually been tested?   I have several firearms that are loade

Bounce, as the OP you posted a scenario lacking in detail. I simply do not know what sort of scenario your are dreaming up in your head. The word "war" was used. A simple neighborhood dispute even inv

Readiness needs to be more then loaded and function checked firearms. How ready are you? What are you doing now, to train your body for then? If you think that the moment things go to hell that you are somehow going to be transformed into Silva, you are most going to be very disappointed.

Perhaps you should be giving yourself a realistic assessment and either doing some physical training or reassess your plans. The best solution would most likely be a combination of both.

Exactly, and mentally too. How many people that own firearms haven't necessarily MADE THE DECISION that they will USE THEM? Having the ability to respond is meaningless without the WILL. I think most people here have decided that if the situation calls for it, they'll act appropriately. However, I doubt that every gun owner out there has made that decision. I think some gun owners might just want to be able to appear intimidating. They may not "necessarily" be ready to actually USE their firearm against another person.

Now is the time to make the decision. We don't want to be debating the decision in our own mind when shit is going crazy. Hesitating at the wrong time could be bad.

Regardless what anybody thinks of Glenn Beck, he couldn't possibly look more gay than in that still shot. :lolol:

That is funny, I was thinking the same thing.

They probably paused it there purposely.

I should have said radical, paranoid and gay.021.gif

Edited by THE RIPPER

Red Dawn ain't gonna happen. However any natural or man made disaster that interrupts the transportation system and power grid for 2 weeks or more over a large geographical area will become a test of your survival/combat skills.(Think Katrina over a 12 twelve state area without any advance notice/evacuations). An angry, starving, mindless wave of displaced people is a much scarier opponent than an army. Armies will just take over the government.The other will kill your whole family for a can of tuna.

• Like 1

Red Dawn ain't gonna happen. However any natural or man made disaster that interrupts the transportation system and power grid for 2 weeks or more over a large geographical area will become a test of your survival/combat skills.(Think Katrina over a 12 twelve state area without any advance notice/evacuations). An angry, starving, mindless wave of displaced people is a much scarier opponent than an army. Armies will just take over the government.The other will kill your whole family for a can of tuna.

Exactly, and that's a bad time to think, "I should have bought a few boxes of Hornady V-Max when I was thinking about it a month ago" and, "I've been meaning to finish this project up, but I just haven't had time."

Edited by Bounce12

My AR is reliable/ready and I keep more mags loaded than I can reasonably carry (20x30rnd), same for my S12 (1x20rnd, 3x12rnd, 5x10rnd) and last but not least my XD9 has (5x16rnd) mags ready to go at any time.

Collectively, I'd need a tact vest and pack to carry it all.

And lets be realistic, odds are that in a small family/friends group, having to go guns up means you already fucked up and got your collective ass in a grinder.

Unless we have access to FA/SF, our semis are burnt farts to flamethrowers, kiss your ass goodbye.

Within 100 yards, that S12 of yours is fully capable of putting roughly as many 00' sized lead projectiles downrange as a Dylan minigun. Your enemy has a much better chance of avoiding of FA 5.56 or 7.62 fire than they do of avoiding the barage of lethal fire you can unleash with your semi auto Kalashnikov shotgun. At closer range you can literally cut a man in half with that S12.

Give me that kind of overwhelming firepower and violence of action, and I think you have a force multiplier. My ass may be toast, but I'm going to kill and maim my share of the other side on the way out.

I hope none of us never see the day when we are faced with making those choices on our own soil.

OH Yeah, without a doubt my friend.

I have no misconception of the ability of my S12's firepower and its hellacious effects.

I once stated the following...

But, I tell ya, if I can't have full auto, 100+ rounds of 9 pellet 00 buck loaded in mags & ready to fly, is the next best thing for home/property (perimeter) defense.

My family, nor I, will ever go peaceably like sheeple to the slaughter. We are currently sheepdogs, but it doesn't take much to go feral.

We are currently sheepdogs, but it doesn't take much to go feral.

How much more would it have taken the Super Dome to transform into the Thunderdome in Nawlins after Katrina?

We've seen it repeatedly throughout history, we the people can revert to subhuman ways in a big damn hurry.

It's not all for bad though. At least Political Correctness will be dead, too. I can't say I'd be too sad to see that go.

We are currently sheepdogs, but it doesn't take much to go feral.

How much more would it have taken the Super Dome to transform into the Thunderdome in Nawlins after Katrina?

We've seen it repeatedly throughout history, we the people can revert to subhuman ways in a big damn hurry.

It's not all for bad though. At least Political Correctness will be dead, too. I can't say I'd be too sad to see that go.

In the NO Superdome, the sheeple there always were prey, and became captive prey to the wolves amongst them.

There were few sheepdogs present, and most of those went feral to simply protect their own, damn the flock.

Whislt many sheepdogs were already wolves in sheepdog clothing, and ran rampant thru the city.

It isn't necessarily bad for a sheepdog to go feral, more sad than anything, because they must turn their back on the flock for their own survival.

I've made one decision since witnessing NO, anybody who tries to disarm us, is a immediate and deadly threat to our survival, and will be dealt with accordingly.

Edited by ChileRelleno

It isn't necessarily bad for a sheepdog to go feral, more sad than anything, because they must turn their back on the flock for their own survival.

While true in the beginning, once the sheep are gone and only wolves remain, I thing the wolves will learn to band together, not as a flock, but as a GANG, to survive.

Honestly though, I really don't expect the Mad Max shit to happen on a national or world-wide scale.