Tromix DIY Trigger guard FUBAR

So I was out hunting today with my beloved Saiga 12 when something happened that I didn't expect: The pistol grip on my newly converted S12 suddenly started bending in a weird manner. I looked down to find that one of the screw had come out of the back of the DIY trigger guard and the guard had actually bent outward. I managed to find the little allen screw from the back of the trigger guard in the receiver of my S12, but I'm a little bummed that the screw came out, even with it loctite'ed in with Blue. I made sure that I had all the screws in with at least 3 threads fully into the pistol grip (Ergo Suregrip), but alas the screw came out and the TG is nice and bent up.

I'm not sure what to do other than replace the bent TG... should I just take it off and straighten it out again or should I get a new one?

Thanks

Floyd

Bend it back into place. Drill just larger than the hole diameter in the mounting peg all the way through the receiver. Tap and thread through the trigger guard, and through the receiver. Use a torque bolt and lock washers from the saw grip side, and bolt the saw grip on as tight as you can.

Make sure your bolt is long enough to come out about 1/2" through the receiver side. Use a nut, lock washers and blue locktite, and torque the bolt down from the receiver side as well.

That handle should never come loose again.

WS

Yeah I just converted the second one Cobra ;) Hadn't welded this one into place and decided to take it shooting. Mistake... woops. I'll just bend it back and tack it down with the MIG. I was just mostly curious if these TG's were really meant to be used unwelded. No biggie, it was just an annoying setback on the second conversion.

• 4 months later...

Old thread, I know. But I figured it was better to post here than start a whole new one......

My DIY trigger guard hasn't come loose or bent, but the SAW grip is loose. The PG screw is tightened down quite well. It's not where it rattles or anything, just slides side to side.

Is there any fixes for this that anyone is aware of? Maybe JB Weld on the inside of the PG where it fits over the Tromix PG stud?

Thanks

Corbin

Old thread, I know. But I figured it was better to post here than start a whole new one......

My DIY trigger guard hasn't come loose or bent, but the SAW grip is loose. The PG screw is tightened down quite well. It's not where it rattles or anything, just slides side to side.

Is there any fixes for this that anyone is aware of? Maybe JB Weld on the inside of the PG where it fits over the Tromix PG stud?

Thanks

Corbin

Mine was Blue Locktited and ever so slightly did the same wobble. I took it completely off and repeated the whole job with more locktite and really torqued down the screw the second time. It seems to have fixed it.

I'm confused on the different colors of Loctite. I used red on my DIY and also on my x39's bulletguide. But it seems everyone in this thread used blue. Did I screw up? :unsure: Everything's help up good so far.

Red locktite is for something you have no intension of ever taking apart. Blue is for something you may want to switch out some day. At least that is my understanding.

I noticed something the other day while going through my toolbox.... the red loctite I have is in a blue bottle and the blue stuff is in a red bottle. How weird is that?

Weird indeed. I think my red loctite is in a red bottle.

I'm confused on the different colors of Loctite. I used red on my DIY and also on my x39's bulletguide. But it seems everyone in this thread used blue. Did I screw up? :unsure: Everything's help up good so far.

Red locktite is for something you have no intension of ever taking apart. Blue is for something you may want to switch out some day. At least that is my understanding.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Red is like a liquid weld job. :cryss:

Well, I never plan on removing the DIY on my S12 or the bullet guide in my x39.................so I guess, hopefully nothing arises down the road that would require me to remove either part. :eek::ph34r:

So does this mean that the Gremlin badge that I attached to my boss' Mercedes with red loctite...........isn't going to come off like I planned? :sadam:

:lolol:

I was messing with my Tromix TG and SAW grip, trying to remove the screw (to no avail). I was wondering, does the threaded hole go all the way through the PG stud? If not, perhaps my screw is just too long and that's why the grip is loose. Weird that it hadn't gotten lose before though.