In laws, out laws and I lost Mr Merkel in apt 1 in my building.

Jeff was a pain in the ass, but he did kind of watch out for Vicki and the office girls.

So, on top of what I didn't get done before Christmas, now I had to spend yesterday dealing with the Mayberry city police and EMTs fumbling around with a tenant who died in a pool of his own blood.

Ahhh well, I'll miss Jeff Merkel.

So, if anyone called and talked to a stressed puppy named Vicki this week, She's doing ok.

I'm gonna give her Christmas day off, well at least half a day off.......................rolleyes.gif

And, Merry Christmas to All............

Tom

>>died in a pool of his own blood

>>And, Merry Christmas to All............

Wow.... a little heavy.

What happened to Mr Merkel and how old was he?

(pool of blood insinuates not natural cause)

Merry Christmas to you also..... minus the blood and all.

This is in bad taste - but I have to ask.... Any shotgun wounds?

WS

I kinda felt bad about kidding you about this - but then I came across the following from 2005....

Cadiz Police Dept. Officer Ronald Bone

arrested Jeff Merkel, 44, for his SEVENTH

OVI offense on 01/30/05. He was going the

wrong way on a one-way street and had

one headlight. He tested .182 BAC

Looks like he's been headed in this direction for some time. Sorry it interrupted your holiday Tom, but look at it this way. He's no longer going to be a headache to you, or a danger to anyone else in the future.

Merry Christmas Tom,

Mike

I liked Jeff, and from Tom's description of the apartment's condition and Jeff, it doesnt sound as if he went exactly quick or painless.

Yeh, he was trouble all day and night, but there was something about the guy that you knew you could count on.

Ill miss ya Jeff, was glad to know you for as short a time as I did.

He sounds like alot of the older horses and dogs I know. They just need a job to keep from getting into trouble, nothing much just something. Maybe watching over the girls was his.

If he died from injuries sustained while fighting and he liked fighting, then at least he died doing what he liked. How many of us will be able to say that when it's all said and done.

Sorry to hear of the loss,

Mikel

Yeh, he was trouble all day and night, but there was something about the guy that you knew you could count on.

Ill miss ya Jeff, was glad to know you for as short a time as I did.

He sounds like alot of the older horses and dogs I know. They just need a job to keep from getting into trouble, nothing much just something. Maybe watching over the girls was his.

Sorry to hear of the loss,

Mikel

Sounds like a few of my friends.

Good dudes over all, They just like the excitement. That's one of the reasons you can count on them.

It sucks when this stuff happens, sometimes it makes you feel like jumping back into the game yourself to deal with the other guys.

Sorry to hear about your Christmas mood breaker.

Edited by Paulyski

Lots of folks "die in a pool of their own blood." That, in itself, is quite natural. It all depends on where the blood comes from and how death occurred and how long ago. I have seen a LOT of dead bodies and many of them were soiled with blood, or worst.