Wolf Black Box vs. Mil. Classic

Ive been trying to decide on what to get myself,I was considering the Silver Bear

just because I read somewhere it had a higher velocity, but idk I'm a total noob to rifles.

Cheaper then dirt has 500rds of Brown Bear 123gr FMJ at $109.97 and Silver Bear 500rds 123gr FMJ at $157.79. since I have had good luck using the Brown Bear I will stick with it.

If I were you, I wouldn't buy ammo, (or anything else), from "Cheaper Than Dirt". In my experience, they are price-gouging assholes. Their ammo prices are always high, (usually extremely high). Immediately after the election selection of King Barry, they raised their price on Wolf 7.62x39 to ~$0.50/round. :eek:

Some of us haven't forgotten that. I, for one, will never do business with those pricks again.

For the best prices on ammo, let others do the research for you ;) and check out gun-deals.com

Funny how CTD has the best price on brown bear 500 rounds. $130 shipped to my front door. How is that price gouging?

So maybe they've had to lower their current prices to remain competitive. That's not really the point. The point is that they increased their prices on plain ol Wolf black box to ~$0.50/rnd immediately after the fall '08 election, (much higher than other sites were charging at the time).

Thus they showed that they were more than willing, (more like eager), to take advantage of people whenever they can. Businesses with that kind of attitude do not get my patronage, ever.

But hey, it's your money. Spend it however you want.

I don't blame you for the annoyance at the price hike scandal, but there is not a single company out there who didn't take advantage of it to some degree. While CTD does not always have the lowest or highest prices, it has been pretty consistent industry wide. You can choose any company you want. Capitalism is a wonderful thing, despite what Michael Moore says.

Ive been trying to decide on what to get myself,I was considering the Silver Bear

just because I read somewhere it had a higher velocity, but idk I'm a total noob to rifles.

Cheaper then dirt has 500rds of Brown Bear 123gr FMJ at $109.97 and Silver Bear 500rds 123gr FMJ at $157.79. since I have had good luck using the Brown Bear I will stick with it.

If I were you, I wouldn't buy ammo, (or anything else), from "Cheaper Than Dirt". In my experience, they are price-gouging assholes. Their ammo prices are always high, (usually extremely high). Immediately after the election selection of King Barry, they raised their price on Wolf 7.62x39 to ~$0.50/round. :eek:

Some of us haven't forgotten that. I, for one, will never do business with those pricks again.

For the best prices on ammo, let others do the research for you ;) and check out gun-deals.com

Funny how CTD has the best price on brown bear 500 rounds. $130 shipped to my front door. How is that price gouging?

So maybe they've had to lower their current prices to remain competitive. That's not really the point. The point is that they increased their prices on plain ol Wolf black box to ~$0.50/rnd immediately after the fall '08 election, (much higher than other sites were charging at the time).

Thus they showed that they were more than willing, (more like eager), to take advantage of people whenever they can. Businesses with that kind of attitude do not get my patronage, ever.

I don't blame you for the annoyance at the price hike scandal, but there is not a single company out there who didn't take advantage of it to some degree. While CTD does not always have the lowest or highest prices, it has been pretty consistent industry wide. You can choose any company you want. Capitalism is a wonderful thing, despite what Michael Moore says.

Red Jacket didn't.

Red Jacket didn't.

LOL that's why their Romanian AK is selling for $649 when it isn't even close to worth that. Granted that it is much cleaner than a typical WASR it is still not worth $649. I am not bashing RJ in any way. They are a good capitalist company with quality products, but to suggest that their prices are the same as when Bush was president is a little naive. Every company has a right to make a profit and I have no problems with it. It's a free nation, for now.

If I were you, I wouldn't buy ammo, (or anything else), from "Cheaper Than Dirt". In my experience, they are price-gouging assholes. Their ammo prices are always high, (usually extremely high). Immediately after the election selection of King Barry, they raised their price on Wolf 7.62x39 to ~$0.50/round. 015.gif

For the best prices on ammo, let others do the research for you wink.gif and check out gun-deals.com

Red Jacket didn't.

LOL that's why their Romanian AK is selling for $649 when it isn't even close to worth that. Granted that it is much cleaner than a typical WASR it is still not worth $649. I am not bashing RJ in any way. They are a good capitalist company with quality products, but to suggest that their prices are the same as when Bush was president is a little naive. Every company has a right to make a profit and I have no problems with it. It's a free nation, for now.

lol is this a box war?

If I were you, I wouldn't buy ammo, (or anything else), from "Cheaper Than Dirt". In my experience, they are price-gouging assholes. Their ammo prices are always high, (usually extremely high). Immediately after the election selection of King Barry, they raised their price on Wolf 7.62x39 to ~$0.50/round. 015.gif

For the best prices on ammo, let others do the research for you wink.gif and check out gun-deals.com

Red Jacket didn't.

lol is this a box war?

And me stuck in the middle of it all :eek:

Red Jacket didn't.

The price I paid for my rifle from them is the same as it was then which was before the gun craze really started. I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true.

1. The price now and then isn't what we are talking about. There was a drastic rise and fall to normalcy in the last year and a half. The majority of what people bought before the spike is the same price now that the spike is over. That isn't the issue. It is what happened in between that caused a problem. Everyone's prices went up because their suppliers went up. They had to. The question is how much a company added to the hysteria.

2. So the prices are high and you bought high already. That just throws out your point.

1. The price now and then isn't what we are talking about. There was a drastic rise and fall to normalcy in the last year and a half. The majority of what people bought before the spike is the same price now that the spike is over. That isn't the issue. It is what happened in between that caused a problem. Everyone's prices went up because their suppliers went up. They had to. The question is how much a company added to the hysteria.

2. So the prices are high and you bought high already. That just throws out your point.

We were talking about price gouging and now your trying to bring it around to reasonable price hikes stemming from supply and demand, which is normal and expected. I'm done with ya.

We were talking about price gouging and now your trying to bring it around to reasonable price hikes stemming from supply and demand, which is normal and expected. I'm done with ya.

Thats not what I said at all. I am sorry you cannot comprehend the crux of the matter. Just an FYI, if you actually read what I wrote you could see that $649 for a Romanian AK is called price gouging. How much you wanna bet that the same AK went for hundreds more during the price hike scam? Yup it is price gouging. Thanks for proving my point again.

Considering AIM (an online store) has ammo for $5.29/box.. Dicks sporting Goods for $5.97/box for the Mil-Classic HP would be the way for some of us to go and just GET IT with no shipping fees... :)

I have to buy in small qty's as I am NOT rich and when I save more than $100-150 I have to buy almost another rifle/gun cause' I get that ITCH.... Damn 5.45 Saiga is callin me.....009.gif , and some places have Lawaway so that don't help with this addiction either.. 027.gif

I paid $429 for my x39 in July 09, but I HAD TO HAVE IT , and I am still happy I got it (even at the higher price).

Can we get back to Wolf vs. Wolf and not the other BS....?

A local shop here has 1200rnd cases of yugo for $500... With tax, that's 540, I could get 2 cases shipped to me for the same price. THATs gouging. They have started marking down their Saigas, though... they had a 20" .223 for $350 today, down from $400. Maybe I need to put in an offer.

Again, I don't have a problem with being a Capitalist and selling a gun for whatever price you want, but to claim gouging only occurs when you are forced is not accurate. That is Communism not Capitalism. Nobody forced people to go crazy and buy gouged guns during the price spike. They chose to go crazy which caused the spike.

Ok, ammo topic. I just ordered 500 rounds of brown bear delivered for $128. I have never used it before and typically use wolf. I was on a budget and couldnt spend the extra $40. For me as a casual shooter, I didn't find much difference between the black and classic.