That reminds me of this orwelian movie a while back, where these little sphere shaped cameras floated around monitoring people.

It would be fun to shoot em though.

How high do they fly?

Are they within range if you have a full choke & 22" barrel?

Thought police are next! unsure.gif

Has anyone seen the "shots fired" devices they put up on poles in large cities? They send reports into the police stations when loud claps like gun fire is heard. I can only imagine what its like on the 4th and new years. 021.gif

Needless to say I think things are going a little to far, I can help but think just providing more jobs and hiring more officers has got to be way cheaper. And honestly if its not cheaper come on in the long run people get jobs, pay taxes its good for the economy.

link

10 feet wide, 1,500 feet up. Might not work with the shotgun, but I bet a well aimed .50 could tag one. Shit, might be able to pull it off with the AR.

Sure is getting 1984 up in here. I'm sure the justification will be "drugs and terrorism" as usual. Of course we don't want either of those, why would you object? :chris:

I'm sure they are . . .

link

10 feet wide, 1,500 feet up. Might not work with the shotgun, but I bet a well aimed .50 could tag one. Shit, might be able to pull it off with the AR.

Sure is getting 1984 up in here. I'm sure the justification will be "drugs and terrorism" as usual. Of course we don't want either of those, why would you object? :chris:

I know Regan did dome good things, but like you're alluding to, he did some pretty fucked up things, too. He's not all good like some people seem to think. Just better than the recent rest.

I am torn on this one.

On one hand I hate the idea of all this "Big Brother" stuff.

On the other hand, a very good friend of mine is a Sgt. with HPD and anything to keep him safer is welcome.

I guess I will have to remain conflicted...............

I am torn on this one.

On one hand I hate the idea of all this "Big Brother" stuff.

On the other hand, a very good friend of mine is a Sgt. with HPD and anything to keep him safer is welcome.

I guess I will have to remain conflicted...............

I agree, but like I said erlier. I think the best way to keep our guys safe is to have more feet on the ground. Gives more people jobs, give more boys on the street to back each other up. I wonder how many job positions they dropped from the budget to get these things.

Thought police are next! unsure.gif

Has anyone seen the "shots fired" devices they put up on poles in large cities? They send reports into the police stations when loud claps like gun fire is heard. I can only imagine what its like on the 4th and new years. 021.gif

Needless to say I think things are going a little to far, I can help but think just providing more jobs and hiring more officers has got to be way cheaper. And honestly if its not cheaper come on in the long run people get jobs, pay taxes its good for the economy.

These first were developed for use on Humvees to triangulate the source of a sniper's shot.

This story is very recent. Houston Channel 2 News ran a story and the clip was posted to youtube Jan 02 2010. I don't know how to copy tube videos to here, but the title of the vid is "Police use DRONES to spy on AMERICANS!!" It was posted by chrisfromtexass99 It was all suppossed to be a test flight in secret with only high level personell admitted to the field by police officers and somehow Channel 2 got wind of it and was able to film the whole thing. They were even threatened with bogus FFA threats from the police. It's very interesting.