S12 reliable?

How is the functioning of S12 your rifles out there? Ammo issues, jams,mags?

So, what country are you from? English sure as hell ain't your native language. :D

To try to address what I think is your question: our S-12 shotguns function just fine, (in most cases). Jams are rare, as with any firearm based on the Kalashnikov design. The only jams I've had with mine have been with low-brass birdshot, and I addressed that with a Gunfixr gas plug. The mags I recommend are Surefire mags. All of the ones I've owned have functioned very well, and require no modification, unlike the AGP mags I've owned, (and since sold).

Buy yourself a 19" S-12. You won't regret it.

• Like 1

How is the functioning of S12 your rifles out there? Ammo issues, jams,mags?

I see you have had one for a while, how's yours doing? My take on the reliability of S12s is that they have hit and miss reliability out of the box but then there is a process you may have to work through as far as getting to know your gun, tweaking it a little here and there, doing the same with your mags, find the ammo that works for you, put a bunch of rounds through it until it has proven itself, and then usually you end up with an extremely reliable gun. In other words its not a gun that you buy, load, lean up against the wall, and then bet your life on it.

step 1 :buy one, step 2: send it to cadiz for warranty work if it has missing ports, step 3: get a md20 drum and some high brass rounds, step 4: hold on for the ride!!!! i typically get 1 or 2 fte every 100 rounds or so with the cheap stuff (stove pipe which can be cleared in about 1\2 second), and have perfect reliability with high brass. i would put mine up against a 7.62 ak if it was properly clean and lubed and runnung high brass. (for the first couple hundred rounds anyway) they do get dirty quick.

As others have said, you need to tune them & make sure everything is in order.

All of the info is here to do that.

You also need to tune the mags. Each mag has a different fix, once fixed they're reliable. With Russian mags, there's no question about reliability once the gun's broken in.... You just need to clean the gas puck area every couple hundred rounds.

I've never had to 'Tune/Fix' any of my SureFire mags, each one has properly fit & functioned, right out of the box.

My MD20 took a very minor fitting of the tabs, and has functioned 100%.

Gun itself required a thorough breaking in, smooth out all the rough spots on rails, bolt and such.

Edited by ChileRelleno

my S-12 was 90% FTE when I got it.. After some small modifications it is 100% reliable on everything I've put through it except winchester bird shot which it shoots about 80%.

As reliable as any AK once tuned.. as long as you don't use the dreaded winchester value packs that saigas seem to hate for whatever reason.