Did I Get Taken?

I just bought my first Saiga rifle. I bought the .233 with the 16 inch barrel. I paid $360 not including the tax. Did I get taken? I see them on line for $339 every where. What is the average price a gun shop will charge for that rifle?

I'll post pictures later.

Pricing may LOOK to be be a hair high... but think about this... if you order online, you would have shipping and FFL fees... most likely bringing the cost higher than what you paid.....

I think you paid a fair price...

You didn't get taken, you just paid a little more than you had to. Your only looking at $20 more on a $300+ dollar purchase. Wouldn't that price difference been made up real quick having that gun shipped to your FFL?

And juggs beats me to the punch...

I guess, it just pisses me off because I had to pay tax too. Oh well

Thank You

Don't be to mad..I paid about $375 after applicable fees and such. The price can vary greatly in little time with the market. I know people who paid $400+ for that same rifle about 4-6 months ago. It is a fair price on a great rifle go out and shoot it. People are starting to see the real value of our rifles look out!

Black weapons vary greatly. Taken, don't think so. Stated already. On line prices don't add the $50 to $75 ship and transfer fee. Also, cost of having a store front. Good to pick up and get the feel of a weapon. Have a couple local shops I frequent. Unless it's a special build, I buy display or have order. Any factory issue is handled by retailer. Example, One local handles 7 brands of ARs. Not interested, yet good to see differences. :smoke:

I just bought my first Saiga rifle. I bought the .233 with the 16 inch barrel. I paid $360 not including the tax. Did I get taken? I see them on line for $339 every where. What is the average price a gun shop will charge for that rifle?

It was brand new in the box, right? If so it was worth it like everybody else said about the transfer fees and shipping. I saw a used one at my local gun store on Christmas eve for $299 used, painted cammo with the skeletonzied stock. I was really thinking of buying it until one of the employees came up to me and told me to stop taking it apart after I took the dust cover off. I would never buy a used one without looking at the innards to make sure they treated her right. This particular gun store (not going to mention the name) is filled with a bunch of asshole employees that don't know shit about rifles but they all love to open carry their pistols in the store to look cool...

I don't know where you guys look, but the best price I've seen is the $319 at Peach State Firearms. (and they show it's out of stock).

$319 + $25 + $25 = $369!

Then here you would pay 7% state sales tax.

You did fine! Don't let internet posted pricing get to you.

Frosty

Welcome good to see you got a Saiga!

:super:

ThirtyAughtSix & 86Camaro,

Yeah! I bought my Saiga from the "Good Guys" three years ago. There are a couple of decent folks there but, in my personal opinion, the owner (Scott) and the rest are dicks.

That's not too bad of a price... the only store around here who has them wants $350 for a used one, and $400 new. Peach State probably has the best price out there, but it wouldn't be much cheaper than what you paid.

Speaking of which, what do you all think a fair offer price would be on a lightly used stock RAAC 20" .223 from my local store?