It appears that Cem Esteban is falling behind, yet again. He promised that he would make changes to his business operations (at least twice) and get caught up, yet many people are still waiting for their guns or a refund.

There have been posts on this topic, but I don't think we have ever really listed, in one spot, who has work pending with Esteban, how long it has been since the order was paid, and lastly, how much of your money does he have? If you choose to do so, please list that information in this thread. I am interested in ascertaining the scope of this problem.

Now, I will place a caveat on this post ---- I have bought several items from E-TAC, and I have been pleased with all of them, once they arrived. However, the delays in getting items from Esteban are just too substantial to ignore. I am 99% sure that most of you who are waiting for something from E-TAC are in a situation where you have waited far longer than I have on my current order. So, this post is really more about amassing a "one spot" list of who is owed what, not a total *itch session about who has been waiting the longest with the most on the line.

So, I will start things off:

I only have one thing pending at E-TAC. I ordered one of the "one offs" which are listed on the Go-Guns/E-TAC web site as "Saiga 12 for sale in stock, ships in one day." For full disclosure, the one I bought was "in stock", but Esteban said he needed to change the stock. Also, I asked for a different handguard, coated in the same color as the receiver. Now, I'm no gun smith, but I assume for a person of Esteban's skill level, those two minor changes probably involve about an hour or so of work.

So, for an item that should have shipped within, say at most, two days (giving a huge benefit of the doubt to Esteban), I paid:

$1,199.00 on December 30th, 2009. My check cleared the bank on January 6th, 2010. It is now February 7th, 2010. I am now into my seventh week since I wrote the check and the start of the fifth week since I know E-Tac was paid - Still No "SHIPS IN ONE DAY" (with minor changes) S-12.

Come on Esteban. ship my gun or refund, ASAP, my $1,199.00. Many gunsmiths could have converted a complete, custom gun, from the ground up, in the time I have been waiting for this "ships in one day" gun!!!!!!!!!!

WJ

P.S. For me, it seems - "It's like deja-vu, all over again."

Yogi Berra

Haven't I been through this before? I guess I did not learn from E-TAC's previous lengthy and inexplicable delays.

P.S.S. -- For further disclosure, I told Esteban about 10 days ago, that I wanted a refund. He did offer to "resell" the gun for me and send the proceeds of the sale to me. I rejected that idea as unsatisfactory as it created a far too vague time line for me to have any idea when I might get my money back.

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge
  • Like 4

P.S.S. -- For further disclosure, I told Esteban about 10 days ago, that I wanted a refund. He did offer to "resell" the gun for me and send the proceeds of the sale to me. I rejected that idea as unsatisfactory as it created a far too vague time line for me to have any idea when I might get my money back.

WJ

WTF? Resell the gun? That doesn't even make sense, how could you resell the gun you never really bought?

I feel bad for you, man. It seems like you've always been a proponent for E-tac when they're fucking up.

• Like 1

How many times does someone stick their hand in the fire before the lesson is learned ??

You never hear this kind of B.S. about the other fine conversion vendors on this site.........

When is enough, enough ??

On a positive note, you are all aware that TROMIX begins taking orders again on April 1 this year, aren't you ?? I assure you one and all, there'll be no such bullshit dealing with Tony..........

I am in the same boat but going on 16 months waiting for what was promised in 6-8 weeks. I even stopped on my honeymoon around month 6 to give him a gentle nudge no-go my last time talking with a new person running the phones I got i don't know about your order let me check, a hang up on their side after 20+ minutes then when I called back i got a blow off that they would call me back before the end of the day that was two weeks ago.

I can go on and on about the many conversations and promises and emails that have been back and forth. I have heard from some others here they are starting to get promised their orders shipping soon. which is crazy to me because they are a long time behind me in the time line. However if this is true I can only hope mine gets out of Hawaii sometime before the Martians invade us.

I will tell you if I don't have it by April I will try to get out and order from Tony at Tromix at least he answers the phone and from his reputation does what he promised.

I want them to be successful and be in business a very long time but honestly Customers are hard to find and impossible to retain or get back after you have wronged them so many times.

E-tac / Gogun may do great work but man it better be good when it has taken this long. I think the Panama Canal took less time :P

This picture is what i was promised a lot of money my own personal gun and a very long time ago

post-22018-12656192424361_thumb.txt

I feel for you guys. About a month ago, with no idea that E-Tac was backlogged, I ordered 2 of their muzzle attachments (one 12 ga. Saiga, one 7.62 14x1 LH). Both arrived in together in about a week without any delays, hassle, or mixup. My only complaint was that the 7.62 brake's instructions said it was supposed to come with a crush washer, which was missing.

It seems odd that E-Tac / Go-Gun are able to CNC bits and parts and Cerakote* them and mail them out quickly, yet they're backlogged OVER A FUCKING YEAR on complete firearms. Makes. No. Damn. Sense. Whatsoever.

* Ummm, or "Lavacoat", excuse me :P Whatever you want to call it, the finish is top notch.

Update:

Esteban e-mailed me earlier today. My S-12 is shipping to my FFL today. So, that is a nice update. Quality has never been an issue.

I appreciate the fact that it is shipping asap and good luck to all.

WJ

Edited by WarriorJudge
  • 3 months later...