Well I Never!

That's right, I never feel like I get a great deal on things that I buy. Oh I get decent deals when I buy things but never one I'm proud of. So my buddy who works part time at a pawn shop here in town has been keeping an eye out for a few select firearms on a list I gave him. One of those on the list is a clean s-12. He has called with a few that weren't much to talk about but today he nailed it. I get the message from him right before lunch that I need to get over there asap with my wallet. Not wanting to miss out I let the boss know I was headed out to lunch early and might be a bit longer than usual. It was well worth the trip.

When I walk in the door he hands me a S-12 that until I pulled back the charging handle, I would have sworn was brand new. Then he pulls a 10 round Surefire out of the box and hands it to me. At this point I'm sure it will be out of my budget but I had to know for sure. When he told me I could have it all for $350.00 I damn near ripped my pocket getting my wallet out.

Damn good day I'd say.

Sweet deal! Congrats! Must be something in the air... I just got a call last week from my favorite local gun shop. He always calls to let me know when he gets a Saiga in at a good price. He said he had a Saiga 12 come in that looked so good it might even be unfired. Then he said he didn't see an importer stamp on it like usual, and that I should come down there and take a look at it. I was intrigued so I went right down there. Turns out it was a very early (pre 2000) Kalashnikov USA Imported S-12 with a 22" barrel F(1,0). It was in perfect condition with original 1st Gen. 5 rd mag, all original paperwork (including original receipt for $279), old style owner's manual with full page parts diagram, Embroidered K-USA Russian sling, and a hard case. I asked him what it was gonna set me back because I couldn't pass up this old school package. He said he had paid $300 for it so he reckoned he would let me have it for $350! I know exactly what you mean about not being able to get your wallet out fast enough...lol!

:super:

Can't say I never though, because $350 is the same thing I paid for my first S-12 five years ago. Maybe prices are coming back down finally!

Yeah when a deal comes along it kinda leaves you thinking somethings got to be wrong but everything seems to be in order. Wish they had more deals like this I could turn you guys onto but he's been looking for me for awhile.

On a side note, when did they start putting the bolt hold open on the 12? My 223 and 308 have them but none of my shotty's do.