Elevated Steel Front Sight from E-store

I didn't get an answer from the Saiga 12 E-store yet.

I'm wondering if I order the "Elevated Steel Front Sight for Saiga-12 shotgun (GEN 3)", do I have to order the "Replacement Rear Sight for Saiga shotguns"? It says "Recommend if installing an Elevated front sight on your shotgun".

"Recommend" seems like a suggestion? Is it necessary/essential? Is it taller? If so, by how much? I might want to try to fit a glock polymer rear sight instead.

Have any of you been through this?

Thanks

• Like 2

I didn't get an answer from the Saiga 12 E-store yet.

I'm wondering if I order the "Elevated Steel Front Sight for Saiga-12 shotgun (GEN 3)", do I have to order the "Replacement Rear Sight for Saiga shotguns"? It says "Recommend if installing an Elevated front sight on your shotgun".

"Recommend" seems like a suggestion? Is it necessary/essential? Is it taller? If so, by how much? I might want to try to fit a glock polymer rear sight instead.

Have any of you been through this?

Thanks

I used the elevated front sight w/ the original pistol rear sight and it works fine..

• Like 1

How does the e-store's front site compare to the Kreb's Custom sight.

If I'm not mistaken, the Krebs site comes with a new ghost-ring type rear site. Is that generally considered better for a shotgun, or is the russian front site preferable?

Anyone with both want to weigh in?

How does the e-store's front site compare to the Kreb's Custom sight.

If I'm not mistaken, the Krebs site comes with a new ghost-ring type rear site. Is that generally considered better for a shotgun, or is the russian front site preferable?

Anyone with both want to weigh in?

It's just personal preference which it better. Some like the sight picture with a ghost ring better others it is not an issue.

Edited by Gun Fanatic

Yeah, I was also confused about it before buying it, but it works just fine with the original rear sight. I can't comment on the Krebs one, but the Russian one is rock solid, though it does have the same crappy finish that all their other stuff has (so it's a perfect match for the Saiga lol). My SPAS 12 has a ghost ring sight, and I don't like the sight picture nearly as much....what I do like about the SPAS is that the rear sight has a notch in the bottom of it for "more accurate aiming" (I guess, just like the action, it has dual mode aiming lol).

I made my own ghost ring sight and still use the E-store front sight....

How? Pictures?

scrap black iron from my work...drill press....grind to fit...would have easier if krebs sold the rear sight separately

also it helps to just cut the old pistol sight off...use a dab of loctite red and hammer the new one on