That's my buddy behind the camera. Later on the guy shooting pointed a loaded gun at him and he will never take him out shooting again. And yes the barrel is cut off at the end of the gas tube. The gas system was not shortened just the ports opened up. It used to be an early EAA green cammo 22" or 24" Saiga.

It had an extra port added and they where all opened up but I'm not sure how much. I can probably ask the smith when I go down there next time but it was done 4 or 5 years ago so he probably wont remember. And no it will not cycle low brass. It has a hard time with 2 3/4 00 Buck but feeds 2 3/4 slugs and 3" Buck all day. We have tried a few things to make it cycle low brass so he can shoot it more often but nothing worked and he doesn't want to spend the money on shortening the gas system. Gunfixr plug and KA tappet did not work.

YOU KNOW......they DO! I just have to figure out where BobAsh got that little flashlight (lol i think thats his gun?), I understand that in order to achieve operation pressures properly on an 8 incher like that you have to move the gas tube back. I HATE that little gap it looks so unfinished. It looks decent with that little light though I am unsure of its resilience. For me I just want a nice ten inch saiga but I dont want there to be a huge hole inside my chaos quadrail on top of the bbl. Maybe I can get Gunfixr to custom machine me an extra long three stage gas plug.....I refuse to leave gaps.

Hey now, not everyone here in California shoots like that. Some peoples children wreck it for the rest of us. Oh yeah, wear your eye protection. So many cool places to shoot have been shut down because people go off and hurt themselves because of stupidity. One of my favorite spots was closed due to the five different 'tards that shot themselves in the feet doing fuckin quickdraw; all five in less than one year. No joke and no they weren't related

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know exactly how the gas system is moved back on the barrel?

Is it all in the bottom of the block being enlarged? Or is the barrel turned down also?

I'm not intending to do it any time soon, just curious.

YOU KNOW......they DO! I just have to figure out where BobAsh got that little flashlight (lol i think thats his gun?), I understand that in order to achieve operation pressures properly on an 8 incher like that you have to move the gas tube back. I HATE that little gap it looks so unfinished. It looks decent with that little light though I am unsure of its resilience. For me I just want a nice ten inch saiga but I dont want there to be a huge hole inside my chaos quadrail on top of the bbl. Maybe I can get Gunfixr to custom machine me an extra long three stage gas plug.....I refuse to leave gaps.

I like the look of the long handguard, but you could always use the short Tromix guard.

TromixShorty.jpg

Or the Kross Hellion, which was designed just for the Tromix S17 and is now an option on all Tromix guns.

Hellion-hg.jpg

• Like 1

Wow - not to jack a thread but when props are due. Here's a man who makes a living off of doing these things for people after brilliantly inventing and painstakingly designing and building these marvels of the game, and he turns around and openly gives out instruction for free on how to replicate your own version.

Another testament to the incredible business they have at Tromix, don't own one yet - didn't want to convert my first and Tony was backlogged so

I grabbed one from MAA - but am continually amazed by the intellectual generosity of these guys.

• Like 1

Wow - not to jack a thread but when props are due. Here's a man who makes a living off of doing these things for people after brilliantly inventing and painstakingly designing and building these marvels of the game, and he turns around and openly gives out instruction for free on how to replicate your own version.

Another testament to the incredible business they have at Tromix, don't own one yet - didn't want to convert my first and Tony was backlogged so

I grabbed one from MAA - but am continually amazed by the intellectual generosity of these guys.

Totally.

Kinda funny that someone just posted that S-12 forum members are for the most part snobs.

Look in the NFA sticky & bob stopped a guy form ttrying to make a 6" barrel.

How many people out there would just let someone learn the hard way?

I bet a lot.

As for the gas block...

Maybe that may be motivation to finally get a lathe...

Mmmm lathe.. :wub:

Thank you everybody.

This forum rocks. And thanks for the link to the light BobAsh, you've always been badass about sharing knowledge along with most of the other forum members like they said.

Holy shit Bob, i just saw the work you did on the gas selector behind the light, THAT is awesome!

Edited by Azkamidaka

My pleasure Azkami. It's always a pleasure to see you here.

The truth is, if you want to have a truly reliable shorty then you should have Tony make it. But for the more skilled or adventurous, well I didn't want anymore guys ruining their guns.

If a guy is truly capable of doing that work, then all the clues are in that thread. Here's what the 6" Bodyguard looks like naked.

003.jpg

Take a look at your gun with the handguard off and you will begin to see.

I never thought I'd say this... but that is WAY too short. I guess it'd come in handy if one was clearing the side car on a motorcycle or a 55 gallon aquarium.

The 6" Bodyguard was deigned for the president/senior agent of an executive bodyguard firm in Texas as a conceal carry piece.

img010small-1.jpg

(Thats me, not the customer) I think it would be a very effective concealable riot gun.

• Like 2

I never thought I'd say this... but that is WAY too short. I guess it'd come in handy if one was clearing the side car on a motorcycle or a 55 gallon aquarium.

The 6" Bodyguard was deigned for the president/senior agent of an executive bodyguard firm in Texas as a conceal carry piece.

img010small-1.jpg

(Thats me, not the customer) I think it would be a very effective concealable riot gun.

HOLY SHIT THAT"S F__ING AMAZING!!!!!

OMG!

That's the coolest little thing I've ever seen to get out of a hairy situation.

I take it the gun only works with high brass & the ports are so large that it must be cleaned more frequently right?

Regardless if weather it runs low brass or not, (who uses birdshot for SD?) that's the coolest shotgun in the world right there.

Yes. The world.