How Many Rounds Per Range Trip?

Hi all!

I have been reading through some posts here, and it seems like I might be abusing my S-12's a little. Whenever I bring them to the range, I usually run about 400 rounds between the two of them. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Overall I would say 400 is an accurate average.

How 'bout you guys? How many rounds do you normally go through in a range session?

:killer:

A lot.

As much as I can afford when I go out.

12 gauge has become my crack.

The Saiga-12 is my pipe.

Last time I literally smoked my pipe.

The Duplicolor high temp engine enamel that I put on it temporarily til I get it just how I want it was melting. When anything touched the barrel, the paint just peeled off.:D(Time to stop procrastinating & hot-blue) The wood lower hand guard actually smoked from the inside. (I checked it & it's just charred a touch in 1 spot) :up:

I was testing the drum, & dumping all my mags as fast as I could in succession.

That was

90 2 3/4 ,00 buck

90 3" Magnum 00 buck

45 3" magnum slugs

150 high brass #5

100 low brass #6

I do feel I spent too much on ammo that day.

Usually, it's a bit less, but this last time I only shot the S-12 for a big mag & drum test.

Usually I put 250 rounds through the Glock & others.

When I had my AR, I'd dump about 200-300ish rounds per trip. My Glock, I'd only go through about 100rds of Federal ball per trip- defense rounds are getting rediculous, but at least I stayed proficient with it (3" groups at 25yds). My friends S12- he'd buy a pack or two of the 100ct Federal birdshot and we'd go through that.

~250-350, a couple boxes of bulk crap, a lil of this-n-that (various slug/buck) and a few exotics thrown in for shitz-n-gigglz.

Edited by ChileRelleno