Backwards American flag patch on military personnel?

I was watching "Green Zone" last night and saw this. Does it mean anything?

(BTW, I didn't find the movie very interesting. I actually fell asleep a few times and ended up just turning it off. Maybe I was too expectant of more action, and less conspiracy-theory BS.)

The reason the flag seems to be reversed, or backwards is that traditionaly the blue field with the stars is closest to where the flag is attached to the flagpole.Consequently it gives the appearance of heading into the wind, or charging foward or always advancing.

Also possible, if it's inconsistent, in a movie the image may have been reversed because the editor thought the shot looked better that way.

Yeah, I've seen that with movie firearms too. Left handed AKs and such. I'm one of those guys that pays more attention to the firearms than the movie. My Fiance often turns to me and asks "do they really do that?".

Gotta love the 3 foot ball of flame out of "silencers" too. :rolleyes:

Edited by Corbin

dunno.. don't tend to watch movies about matt damon demonizing america... Can't take the guy seriously anymore after team america "MATT DAMONNNN!!!"

Yeah, that's why I watched it online for free. Like I said, it turned out pretty shitty. I love watching movies, so when I fall asleep twice, it must be pretty bad.

flag.jpg

Perfect, thanks man. Very interesting.

I know I had seen it before, but never bothered to find out what it meant.

dunno.. don't tend to watch movies about matt damon demonizing america... Can't take the guy seriously anymore after team america "MATT DAMONNNN!!!"

Yeah, that's why I watched it online for free. Like I said, it turned out pretty shitty. I love watching movies, so when I fall asleep twice, it must be pretty bad.

flag.jpg

Yeah, look at your local ambulances and fire trucks and you may see the same thing, all of our ambulances have the flag like that because we are responding to the scene as if we carried the flag foward ourselves

1406522906_08152157a2.jpg

Edited by Vultite

flag.jpg

Yeah, look at your local ambulances and fire trucks and you may see the same thing, all of our ambulances have the flag like that because we are responding to the scene as if we carried the flag foward ourselves

1406522906_08152157a2.jpg

Never noticed it on ambulances around here. I'll have to keep my eye out.

LOL

Dude I know exactly what you mean. Every time I see him all I can remember is that :lolol:

Also, cool info on the flag, I never knew that.

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov