Help me value a saiga

A local estate has a saiga-12 for sale. It is marked Krebs Custom guns, saiga-12 and russian american armory on one side. The other side has CANTA-12 (backwards N and T). The rifle comes with ghost sites, kvar scope mount, eotech 512 sight, MD-Arms drum and 2 magazines. It looks like saiga-12s sell as low as $500 and some are more than $1500. Any thoughts on what this is worth?

Ok ... enlighten me ... is it bad form to ask "what is the value" of questions in this forum? I have read some of the FAQs on saigas and dont understand what makes a $400 saiga and what makes a $1500 saiga.

Thats easy, those people start with a $600 gun, spend $200-$300 on parts. Then they take a couple hours to put them on and then charge

$200-$300 per hour for labor :killer:

How much are they asking?

P.S a few douchebags on this forum but alot good people too. You can tell which is which,usually the mall ninjas

will pick fights with you over nothing and call you names from the safety of their home. Dont let the trolls get you down.

Edited by saigalupo

Ok ... enlighten me ... is it bad form to ask "what is the value" of questions in this forum? I have read some of the FAQs on saigas and dont understand what makes a $400 saiga and what makes a $1500 saiga.

Thats easy, those people start with a $600 gun, spend $200-$300 on parts. Then they take a couple hours to put them on and then charge

P.S a few douchebags on this forum but alot good people too. You can tell which is which,usually the mall ninjas

will pick fights with you over nothing and call you names from the safety of their home. Dont let the trolls get you down.

Asking price is $1000.

Asking price is $1000.

Tell them youre give them $800 cash and see what happens, try and negotiate.

Worth? Hard term. To replace that complete gun from Krebs would cost about $2000. Maybe a bit more. The Eotech cost as much as the base gun and Krebs doesnt give anything away. $1000 for the gun, mags and scope would be a good deal. You couldnt build it yourself for that much.

Worth? Hard term. To replace that complete gun from Krebs would cost about $2000. Maybe a bit more. The Eotech cost as much as the base gun and Krebs doesnt give anything away. $1000 for the gun, mags and scope would be a good deal. You couldnt build it yourself for that much.

That would be a great deal, I wonder if this guy is getting a divorce or something and really needs the cash.

That would be a great deal, I wonder if this guy is getting a divorce or something and really needs the cash.

I doubt he needs the cash anymore...I think he died.

I doubt he needs the cash anymore...I think he died.

Thats true. Cash does him no good but his widow needs the money. Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, Crebs just throws a G2, stock, and a grip on it and sends it out the door for an obscene profit :rolleyes:

Nothing to it right? No porting, no muzzle work, no rework of the action, no ramp work, no strip, no prep, no filled FCG holes, no welding, no riveting, and no refinish.... just slap stuff in it and on it.... and the money falls from the sky.

:lolol:

The weapon is worth a grand without the Eotech. Consider the Eo and the MD FREE.

Yeah, Crebs just throws a G2, stock, and a grip on it and sends it out the door for an obscene profit :rolleyes:

Nothing to it right? No porting, no muzzle work, no rework of the action, no ramp work, no strip, no prep, no filled FCG holes, no welding, no riveting, and no refinish.... just slap stuff in it and on it.... and the money falls from the sky.

:lolol:

The weapon is worth a grand without the Eotech. Consider the Eo and the MD FREE.

+1 on the above. Little sarcastic, but you can be sarcastic if you have the correct info.

A friend picked up a NIB Saiga 12 a few months ago and wanted to convert it. I sent him to my smitty and as a personal favor he charged him $750 including parts. With the cost of the Saiga, that's $1250, as a favor.

Tromix, Tac-47 Ind., Red Jacket, etc... all do beautiful (tedious) work and their Saigas function 110%. These guys are not going to retire based on there Saiga sales.

A Krebs goes for between $1,000-$1250, depending on model. Considering the accessories, you could offer $800 and go to $900. Don't make too much of the Eotech. Nice optics, but electronic sites might look as if "the lights are on and somebody's home", and then might have a problem and take a crap in a week. That shouldn't be a part of the price, just a bonus if it works properly (this is an estate sale, not a retail shop, it should be a great deal).

Good Luck.

Just wanted to add, take all of this with a grain of salt. Without seeing the actual gun. there are still many questions, type of stock, muzzle device, etc...Add-ons that could alter value. Sometimes you just have to take a chance, but this one doesn't sound like much of a gamble.

Edited by FRC64

Howdy 22,

re; certain reactions to your posting

The owner of this forum has a policy of no posting at all that refers in any way to selling something, or even asking for help or info on the value of a saiga weapon (which strangely enough, is what this forum is all about promoting) .......unless you contribute to this Saiga-12 website and become an official paid "contributor" (directions can be easily found elsewhere on this site)

I believe the reasoning is to help support and finance the Saiga12 website and continue the great capitalistic nature of our USA. The volunteer mods have enough to do as it is, so a complete and total outlaw of anything vaugely resembling 'fishing" for values or "talk" of a sale is probably the easiest route to take from that side of the coin.

Some folks have, and will take the time to try & help a newb understand the rules of this particular site (as of course each site functions differently) but sometimes you'll get a more, shall we say; vague, partial, abrupt, rude or childish posting in response. - obviously I have waaay too much free time on my hands this afternoon ;-)

For lots of various reasons these Saigas freqently trigger an excited response or inquiry by those who are just discovering the platform. As with many other circumstances a lot of folks just jump in and dont read all the "instructions" that come with the product :rolleyes:

Therefore, it is suggested that you take some time to get use to the site, search for the rules & regs - and actually read them :eek: This should give you a leg up on the majority of posters.

Cheers,

HarvKY

P.S., do some online searching for Krebs and you'll get a good feel for what his weapons are worth. Mark is one of SEVERAL very highly thought of builders.

OOPS! Ya Blowed it.

Howdy 22,

re; certain reactions to your posting

The owner of this forum has a policy of no posting at all that refers in any way to selling something, or even asking for help or info on the value of a saiga weapon (which strangely enough, is what this forum is all about promoting) .......unless you contribute to this Saiga-12 website and become an official paid "contributor" (directions can be easily found elsewhere on this site)

I believe the reasoning is to help support and finance the Saiga12 website and continue the great capitalistic nature of our USA. The volunteer mods have enough to do as it is, so a complete and total outlaw of anything vaugely resembling 'fishing" for values or "talk" of a sale is probably the easiest route to take from that side of the coin.

Some folks have, and will take the time to try & help a newb understand the rules of this particular site (as of course each site functions differently) but sometimes you'll get a more, shall we say; vague, partial, abrupt, rude or childish posting in response. - obviously I have waaay too much free time on my hands this afternoon ;-)

For lots of various reasons these Saigas freqently trigger an excited response or inquiry by those who are just discovering the platform. As with many other circumstances a lot of folks just jump in and dont read all the "instructions" that come with the product :rolleyes:

Therefore, it is suggested that you take some time to get use to the site, search for the rules & regs - and actually read them :eek: This should give you a leg up on the majority of posters.

Cheers,

HarvKY

P.S., do some online searching for Krebs and you'll get a good feel for what his weapons are worth. Mark is one of SEVERAL very highly thought of builders.

What he said.... I don't have that kind of time.