They should have used a Prius.The explosion, if there was one would spead corrosive toxins and fumes all over the place. If it was a fire, the battery explodes if water is used to put it out. Not to mention the toxic smoke from burning battery!

Edited by patriot

A few things just sound very weird about all this.

First off wires and a clock? What's this? A movie prop or something? I thought they use Go Phones and shit in IEDs?

Second, consumer fireworks? I would assume Al-Qaeda terrorists who have been doing this shit for 30 years now to know a little more about bomb making than that.

This thing reeks of suspicion, I have a feeling it has absolutely nothing to do with Al-Qaeda/Taliban/etc. but rather something domestic.

Description of the device sounds so ammeter that I seriously doubt it's foreign. AQI has used some very sophisticated devices and tactics in their attacks, this screams ammeter. Clock and wires sounds like a bad prop in a movie. I was never EOD or a Sapper but this thing just sounds lame compared to the stuff Haji tried to kill me with.

Description of the device sounds so ammeter that I seriously doubt it's foreign. AQI has used some very sophisticated devices and tactics in their attacks, this screams ammeter. Clock and wires sounds like a bad prop in a movie. I was never EOD or a Sapper but this thing just sounds lame compared to the stuff Haji tried to kill me with.

Exactly.

The fact that our government would even try to suggest that the same people who brought down the twin towers and killed over 3,000 people less than ten years ago, can't even figure out how to make a car bomb in the same god damned city shows that they really must think people are stupid (or perhaps they truly are.)

How can I become gruntled? I assume I must be gruntled before I can be disgruntled?

What is gruntled anyhow?

Why does gruntle mean both happy and sad?

Is disgruntled "not unhappy, which is a double negative, or "not happy"

Gruntle

Ill bet it ends up being someone who has attended a "tea party" event.

Well, they are looking for a honkie MF'er, after all!

yeah, but who knows. Its just as likely the guy is Chinese at this point. They really don't have that much or there would be a wave of arrests by now. This whole case shows you how incompetent the FBI and general LEO are. I mean, these jerks are real good at giving my wife a ticket for going 3 miles over the speed limit, but when it comes to protecting our cities, they leave a lot to be desired...

False flag? Perhaps. Elections are coming up fast.

Very politically risky to do that ... AND so amateurishly! If it was discovered and completely unearthed it would make Watergate look like sneaking an extra $200 when grandma wasn't looking on Sunday Monopoly night.

UPDATE: Sorry BigSal.... and other libs out there.... The perp is a naturized citizen... Pakistani-American....

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/times-square-car-bomber-police-release-video-suspect/story?id=10534834

That is ABC news for ya Sal...

And for those who want the unedited description of the perp:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/03/officials-reportedly-foreign-plot-times-square-car-bomb/

http://www.nytimes.com/?emc=na

Man Arrested in Times Square Bomb Plot

Federal agents and police detectives arrested a Connecticut man, a naturalized United States citizen from Pakistan, early Tuesday in connection with the failed Times Square car bombing, according to people briefed on the investigation.

The man, Faisal Shahzad, was believed to have recently bought the 1993 Nissan Pathfinder that was found loaded with gasoline, propane, fireworks and fertilizer in the heart of Times Square, one of the people briefed on the development said.

Mr. Shahzad was taken into custody at a New York-area airport, apparently trying to flee, one of the people said. Charges against Mr. Shahzad, who had returned recently from a trip to Pakistan, were not announced.

I am not the least surprised at the incompetence of these assholes. Most of us here could have made that bomb work when we were in the 3rd grade. The people who these terrorist hemorrhoid assholes recruit are the worst of life's losers. The ones with huge egos and and no humility - the inability to get or keep a decent job, or hold on to friends leaves these losers easy to recruit. Just blow up a bunch of innocent Americans and come home to craptasticastan and you will be a hero! I bet this piece of shit cries like a little girl under interrogation. Cowards and losers all of them!

NY bomb suspect: 'modern Pakistan boy who never prayed'

by Sajjad Tarakzai

MOHIB BANDA, Pakistan, (AFP) - Outside his locked family homes, shocked Pakistanis remember Faisal Shahzad as a modern boy from a good family, who was uninterested in Islam and showed no sympathy with terror groups.

The 30-year-old naturalized American spent much of the last decade in the United States, where he has been charged on five counts of terrorism, including attempted use of a ''weapon of mass destruction'' to kill people in New York.

Villagers say the son of a retired air force officer grew up in a respected middle-class family of four children, went to an elite Pakistan Air Force college and studied in the United States.

US media reports say he worked as a financial analyst in Connecticut, where he lived before his house was repossessed last year because of debt problems.

In the 1980s, when Shahzad was a child, Peshawar was a staging post for the mujahideen who fought against the Soviets in Afghanistan, a place frequented by Osama bin Laden and swollen by a morass of two million Afghan refugees.

But no one could give any clues as to why the fresh-faced, lightly bearded man allegedly drove a Nissan SUV crammed with a large, but malfunctioning, bomb into Times Square, nor whether he acted in concert with Islamist groups.

Shahzad told US immigration he visited his parents when investigators suspect he underwent militant training. None of his close relatives was contactable, but villagers described him as a ''liberal-looking young man''.

US media reports say he went to the United States on a student visa in 1998, graduating from the University of Bridgeport with a computer science degree in 2000 and an MBA in 2005. He was made a US citizen last year.

''Shahzad was a modern boy,'' said Faiz Ahmed, the 50-year-old former mayor of Mohib Banda, the family village where Shahzad's family have a home.

''But I now see a change. He has grown beard in the United States,'' the farmer with a transport business on the side, told AFP. Shahzad married a Pakistani girl and had two young children, he added.

''They are very nice, simple and pious people,'' he added.

Mukaram Khan, a neighbour, described Shahzad's father as a moderate man who discouraged his sons from growing beards in the Islamic style and who sent them abroad in search of a more peaceful life.

''I remember when Faisal once visited the village and we were slaughtering a sheep, and he started weeping and said what cruelty is this?

''I am surprised that a man who cannot see an animal being slaughtered was able to plot a bomb,'' he told AFP.

Shock was raw in the dusty village set in wheat fields about 25 kilometers (15 miles) from Peshawar and near the Grand Trunk Road that links the capital Islamabad to Pakistan's dangerous north.

''His elder brother is a mechanical engineer in Canada. One of his sisters is also living in Canada and another is a professional doctor practising in Peshawar,'' said Ibrar-ul Haq, a step cousin and retired air force employee.

''I met Faisal during his wedding in Peshawar some three-four years back. He is basically a liberal man and I never saw him offering prayers or even visiting a mosque. Frankly he has no religious background,'' he said.

In Peshawar, the two-storey marble-fronted house that friends said belonged to Shahzad's parents, was locked. A police van patrolled the upscale street.

The teeming city of 2.5 million people lies on the threshold of Pakistan's tribal badlands, where according to US authorities, Shahzad underwent bomb making training in one of the most dangerous regions on Earth.

''It looks like some conspiracy to me,'' said Kifayat Ali, who claimed he was a relative and a lawyer.

''They have no relations with any militant group or any jihadi organization. They don't even have any relations with a political party.''

Shahzad told US immigration he had visited his parents in Pakistan, but investigators suspect he underwent militant training.

A 10-page criminal complaint accuses Shahzad of attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction and attempting to kill people through international terrorism. If convicted, he could be sentenced to life in prison.

I love it when they cry and then spill there guts. Can't count how many times we would drag some low life out of his hut at 3am to the tune of full grown males crying like babies. Terrorists talk like there tough but they ball like babies when 20 of us show up in their living room uninvited.

I'm not sure what to make of this guy just yet. Is Al Queda getting desperate for recruits with half a brain?