I will be doing that also, I want to do a lot of mods at the same time. I'm looking to make my gun into a better pistol for 3 gunning and the safety tab makes my finger sore. :cryss: I know I'm a wimp.

Edited by Racer 27

Yeah, it's called "Glock finger".

Anyway, it's a pretty simple fix. You can do it in the gun, or remove the trigger/trigger bar first, it's up to you.

Hold the little safety in all the way, bottomed out, and of course you'll see that it still protrudes some. Take either your dremel with a sanding drum on it, or some emery cloth on a dowel or half round file, and sand it down until it's flush with the trigger. If you want, you can sand the grooves in the trigger face down some, or all the way, making a smooth trigger. Your option.

MAKE SURE THAT THE TRIGGER SAFETY IS FULLY DEPRESSED WHEN YOU DO THIS. This is because of you leave it up some, you'll grind it too far, and it won't disengage when you pull the trigger, and you'll have to replace the entire trigger/trigger bar, since they're not sold seperately.

Remove any flashing/ burrs from sanding, and you're done. It will work as normal, only without that little high point that irritates your finger.

Yeah, it's called "Glock finger".

Anyway, it's a pretty simple fix. You can do it in the gun, or remove the trigger/trigger bar first, it's up to you.

Hold the little safety in all the way, bottomed out, and of course you'll see that it still protrudes some. Take either your dremel with a sanding drum on it, or some emery cloth on a dowel or half round file, and sand it down until it's flush with the trigger. If you want, you can sand the grooves in the trigger face down some, or all the way, making a smooth trigger. Your option.

MAKE SURE THAT THE TRIGGER SAFETY IS FULLY DEPRESSED WHEN YOU DO THIS. This is because of you leave it up some, you'll grind it too far, and it won't disengage when you pull the trigger, and you'll have to replace the entire trigger/trigger bar, since they're not sold seperately.

Remove any flashing/ burrs from sanding, and you're done. It will work as normal, only without that little high point that irritates your finger.

Thanks Gunfixr. Doing something like that was in the back of my mind, but I was afraid that it would mess something up.

With all the issues you've listed here and in the other thread, are you sure the Glock is the right gun for you? There are lots of choices for 3-gun.

Not really issues I'm just looking for ways to improve it. Working on guns is fun anyways.

I already had an xd and a Beretta before my drunken impulse buy, (I got a thread on that too :lolol: ), but the glock just has cheaper aftermarket parts. The Beretta I have is hard to transfer from double to single action smoothly and its hard to find aftermarket parts like mag extensions.

the 17,22, and other fullsize small framed guns use a smooth trigger...if its a compact or sub compact it will have serrated...get a trigger from a g22 if its a 23 or 27, and a 17 if its a 19 or 26....that is the smooth trigger swap...then like the guy said up there take off the extra saftey that sticks out when it is bottomed out...