Got to side with Juggs on this one. Have speciality work out with to Forum Business members. Taking a little while. Done business with before. Always top notch and have backed up 100% their work. ETAC has a good rep. for quality. Had 1 weapon take 8 months, wait was for an ACE stock, not gunsmith work. Guess I've not been the pestering type, just an e-mail every few weeks, and if like me, sometimes takes awhile to reply. :smoke:

My case and point! Everyone knows whats up... nobody is playing games with anyone... you DON"T HAVE to do business with them if you don't want to deal with questionable time frames......

Anyone gets upset, they send your gun back... no worries... We are ALL here to work together and make money and maybe have a little fun.....

I been modding here long enough where I have had true friends worried about the timeframe... even frustrated... I don't think anyone at the end of the day had a beef... and were happy with the product...

I'm sure no the fastest printer out there... people like my work and feel I offer a fair price... so they work with me....

Either way, lets let their clientele be the judge...

I was just wondering if anyone has talked to Esteban at ETAC in the last couple weeks. I talked to him about three weeks ago and my S12 was boxed up and ready to ship but I haven't been able to get a hold of him by phone or email for the last two weeks. Just wondering if he is still at work or if he went out of town for a while.

I was promised several times, and I still have not heard from Esteban. It's been 1.5 years since my order. All of my calls and e-mails have not been returned for a year now... He promised me 6 months. Then I was promised another 3 months because he didn't deliver. Obviously, they were all lies. Yet people still defend him. For those that defend him, how many have actually ordered one from him? He is a terrible business man. I don't care how good his guns look, because the only ones that I've seen are .jpgs. For one, I'm not afraid to say that he sucks as a gunsmith... Because he doesn't deliver. Until I have an Esteban Saiga 12 in my hands, I can go down to the gun shop and say the stock one is much better than what he can do... because what he delivers is nothing. I have $2047 invested (or scammed) in this (and I'm paying interest on my credit card for this?!?). I just hope he doesn't declare bankruptcy. I've posted on here before, and the only posts are about him. Why? Because it sucks to post something about a shotgun I don't have. I can't contribute anything to this forum because I can't experience a Saiga 12 without having one. BTW, I'm a former IDPA shooter, IDPA safety officer, armed security, and I'm currently an NRA pistol and rifle instructor.

Edited by trichaser

I was just wondering if anyone has talked to Esteban at ETAC in the last couple weeks. I talked to him about three weeks ago and my S12 was boxed up and ready to ship but I haven't been able to get a hold of him by phone or email for the last two weeks. Just wondering if he is still at work or if he went out of town for a while.

At least you got to talk to him. I haven't spoken with him since I made my order. I think the last e-mail from Etac wasaround october of 2009. None of my phone calls or e-mail are returned.

He answers my emails and phone calls, but, then, I don't harass him. I am not saying it is unreasonable to expect responses when you've been waiting over a year, but he has been more than fair in dealing with me, and I can honestly say that his conversions are top notch. Civility goes a long way.

And he threw in some free shit to make up for the wait. He gave me a top accessory rail, some twister pucs, and a mini talon breacher brake.

Same as my experience on last purchase. Free stuff on a gun he was already selling at a heavy discount (one of his Gunbroker one-offs at $800). After figuring in parts, accessories and standard conversion costs, the base gun was basically free. Now, I paid full price for a conversion that ran seven months, but that order was placed in 2007. I have showed loyalty to him because his product is absolutely top notch and I knew getting into it that custom gunsmithing takes time.

Also, I have had unexpected waits from two other builders who are sponsors on this forum. Both were in the "months" time frame, but I didn't go on their pages and try to stir up shit. I waited, was cooperative and friendly and, ultimately, got great products.

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say that I picked up my S12 a couple of weeks ago and it is absofuckinglutly beautiful! I'll get some pics up on the pictures thread soon. The first trip to the range was a little rough. Lots of FTE/Stovepipes, but I guess thats to be expected with a new gun. On the second trip it smoothed out a lot more. I'm going to send my bolt and carrier to Cobra for a polish job, that should help. But the convertion looks great, Esteban did a hell of job.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Lots of FTE/Stovepipes, but I guess thats to be expected with a new gun.

It sure as hell is NOT to be expected on a premium build.

He did say it looks good and is an E-tac build - nothing premium about that - well, except maybe the price tag.

Bob - If y'all would just start cloning your shopmates, this crap wouldn't happen - and I wouldn't have bought a converted S12 from someone else only to have to tear it up and make 'er run.

Seriously - there are other good vendors around here if Tromix list is full and you can't wait - just check em out.

Dude who sent his gun and over a $$GG$$ to E-tac back in '08, probably could have waited to get on the list and would have a real weapon now.

ETAC has had my Saiga 12 host gun and $1050 since March 2008. When provoked, they say the gun is all done and just waiting on paint. I've been fed this line for over two years now. ATF is getting involved shortly.

ATF does not get involved in civil matters that I'm aware of. The Ops question has been answered and the question was has anyone heard from Esteban.

Mark,

Even people that ordered last year have all got their guns.

Also, I can appreciate the sentiment about hiring, but Tony hand-builds every weapon personally and that is the basis of the Tromix reputation.

• Like 1

ETAC has had my Saiga 12 host gun and $1050 since March 2008. When provoked, they say the gun is all done and just waiting on paint. I've been fed this line for over two years now. ATF is getting involved shortly.

ATF does not get involved in civil matters that I'm aware of. The Ops question has been answered and the question was has anyone heard from Esteban.

Yea, I heard from Esteban recently; I received an email reply from him this past Sunday. He informed me on Sunday that in a day or two, he would be forwarding photos of my build to me (although no statement as to whether the build would be completed. . . my belief was/is, the photos would simply reflect the current status of my build).

Anyway, here it is four days later, and no further communication from Esteban (which of course means, no photos forwarded to me).

Edited by Gary

Lots of FTE/Stovepipes, but I guess thats to be expected with a new gun.

It sure as hell is NOT to be expected on a premium build.

No shit. That's ridiculous. Part of the point of paying for a "premium" build is so you, as the end user, do not have to fuck around with "working out the kinks" related to cycling that a factory new S-12 comes with.. that's what you pay the builder for.

I feel bad for the guys who've been waiting, in some cases, for years. Hell this thread is over a year old and this shit is still going on.

I once waited 3 weeks to get my gun back from Lone Star Arms.. and his turnaround was a bit slow that time. :smoke:

I hope you actually get your guns back from HI at some point, fellas. jpgs aren't too much fun at the range.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

Call the BBB and local law enforcement where their shop is located. It's time for you to take off the kid gloves man. If it was me I would get my S12 back from those dudes if I had to collect it piece by piece...

Yea, I heard from Esteban recently; I received an email reply from him this past Sunday. He informed me on Sunday that in a day or two, he would be forwarding photos of my build to me (although no statement as to whether the build would be completed. . . my belief was/is, the photos would simply reflect the current status of my build).

Anyway, here it is four days later, and no further communication from Esteban (which of course means, no photos forwarded to me).

Mark,

Even people that ordered last year have all got their guns.

Also, I can appreciate the sentiment about hiring, but Tony hand-builds every weapon personally and that is the basis of the Tromix reputation.

My apologies for my bad attempt at sarcasm - never did I mean to imply that Tromix would ever do that to their customers and when referring to cloning your 'shopmates' I was talking about Tony. Wow - could you imagine two sources of talent like that in one shop?

Edited by mark mallek

Call the BBB and local law enforcement where their shop is located. It's time for you to take off the kid gloves man. If it was me I would get my S12 back from those dudes if I had to collect it piece by piece...

Seriously, time to take off the gloves and strap on the shit-kicking boots.