The Golden Age of 7.62x39 Ammo has begun

Yugo mil-surp (brown box) on 10rd stripper clips 259.00 free shipping at Atlantic Firearms.

While not the cheapest if you keep your battlepaks on clips this is a great deal. Personally I do and can load a mag in mere seconds this beats putting them on clips(plus of course you get clips) for SKS use also.

• Like 1
  • Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just went to that site, and I don't consider 260 + $20 shipping for 1000 rounds of Wolf MC that great of a deal. I got 1000 rounds of Brown Bear for 228 shipped from Military Shooters; I also got i

I have to say, I just got my shipment from www.Luckygunner.com and not only was the price great, but I got the shipment in 2 days.

Roger that. I used to be big on buying silver and gold, but now I steadily pump more money in to two areas -- ammunition and food (in five gallon buckets, # 10 cans, and foil pouches). At last estim

Posted Images

Yugo mil-surp (brown box) on 10rd stripper clips 259.00 free shipping at Atlantic Firearms.

While not the cheapest if you keep your battlepaks on clips this is a great deal. Personally I do and can load a mag in mere seconds this beats putting them on clips(plus of course you get clips) for SKS use also.

Be aware that the Yugo crates with stripper clips only have 1120 rounds in them.... Still a good deal.

AmmunitionStore has Wolf MC 124HP at 1000/$199 :killer:

Just got an email notice... Never dealt with them.. but only $19.66 shipping to PA.

Also have GoldenTiger for $229 and Wolf 122gr FMJ for $199.

Cheers... :beer:

I just ordered me some of those Wolf MC HPs too. Never heard of these guys and couldn't find much info. I can only hope that they are reputable and will deliver.

• Like 1

Come on Bigsal, The Golden Age of 7.62? Begun?

The time is long past.Those were the good day and I don't think they'll be back.

Had to bust the bubble. Hee Hee

You are right those are gone forever if for no other reason than the stocks of x39 mil-surp are only a fraction of what they were and demand is much higher.

I wouldn't doubt this time next year we find ourselves looking hard at reloading range ammo. Some day all this mil-surp will end and prices will rise accordingly.

• Like 1

Come on Bigsal, The Golden Age of 7.62? Begun?

The time is long past.Those were the good day and I don't think they'll be back.

Had to bust the bubble. Hee Hee

You are right those are gone forever if for no other reason than the stocks of x39 mil-surp are only a fraction of what they were and demand is much higher.

I wouldn't doubt this time next year we find ourselves looking hard at reloading range ammo. Some day all this mil-surp will end and prices will rise accordingly.

Eventually it will. But like I said before, I do put some credibility into AK-Nut's rumor that there is a boat load of Yugoslavian milsurp waiting to be unloaded into the market that will seriously lower our prices again. Prices have continued a slow and steady decrease for some time now. With cabela's offering Tula for 3.79 per 20 round box and Centerfire Systems offering Yugo for .20 shipped. The anti-doom and gloom attitude has proved right for a little while.

• Like 1

AmmunitionStore has Wolf MC 124HP at 1000/$199 :killer:

Just got an email notice... Never dealt with them.. but only $19.66 shipping to PA.

Also have GoldenTiger for $229 and Wolf 122gr FMJ for $199.

Cheers... :beer:

I just ordered me some of those Wolf MC HPs too. Never heard of these guys and couldn't find much info. I can only hope that they are reputable and will deliver.

Let us know how it goes with them.. There price is good at $0.20/round ($0.22 shipped for me).

Be due for a case in a few weeks.. still got about 300 rounds here of the 7.62x39 and 300 of the 5.45x39..

Albert

• Like 1

Cabela's isn't selling the Tula anymore =[

Found 1000 rounds on the-armory.com for $229.99 without shipping. Most likely $240. Anyone heard of the-armory.com before? Any good?

I was looking to get another 500 or so of that myself, while they were doing the July 4th sale. Pretty disappointed.

• Like 1

aim has wolf at 1000/199$+s&h

ammoman has wolf at 1000/$219shipped

i am not seeing great deals on the yugo brass. all i am seeing has been between 25c-18c/rnd. That makes new production a little cheaper per round in some instances.

• Like 1

aim has wolf at 1000/199$+s&h

ammoman has wolf at 1000/$219shipped

i am not seeing great deals on the yugo brass. all i am seeing has been between 25c-18c/rnd. That makes new production a little cheaper per round in some instances.

Right now 18 cents a round is a good price now I understand shipping is a bit pricey due to the weight of the box but that box is one reason I buy the stuff. The cheapest steel I could find is running 20 cents and wolf at that which has not been my choice since break-in. J&G Sales still has a great price on yugo and they are in AZ IIRC so a chance to show some support for those folks.

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • Like 1

Right now 18 cents a round is a good price now I understand shipping is a bit pricey due to the weight of the box but that box is one reason I buy the stuff. The cheapest steel I could find is running 20 cents and wolf at that which has not been my choice since break-in. J&G Sales still has a great price on yugo and they are in AZ IIRC so a chance to show some support for those folks.

I agree its not a bad price for a brass cased ammo. When the shipping is added the ammo lands between 31c-21c/rnd. For 1000 round orders for me the wolf or bear are at a better $/rnd for me.

• Like 1

Yougo brass is now 15 cents a round at JG Sales (Sorry I cannot list a link due to forum rules, but feel free to PM me if you are having problems).

Shipping was just under $30 (these are shipped out in big green crates of 1260 rounds).

I suspect this will be the best deal on surplus ammo for a while.

I only see 18 cents HERE

Is there some other link?

• Like 1

Yougo brass is now 15 cents a round at JG Sales (Sorry I cannot list a link due to forum rules, but feel free to PM me if you are having problems).

Shipping was just under $30 (these are shipped out in big green crates of 1260 rounds).

I only see 18 cents HERE

the special he was referring to ended.

• Like 1

I've put about 300 rounds through my (stock) Saiga 7.62, but only just two days ago actually tried anything OTHER than Tula from Cabelas. I Figured a nice, informal comparison was in order. Testing methodology was, admittedly, not ideal: Shooting from a bench, although unsupported (Elbow rest), 1 10 rd magazine, allow barrel to cool, another 10 rd magazine. After that, I'd switch targets and ammo. All from 50 meters, indoors.

Tested were:

1: Tula from Cabela's ($3.79 a box)

2: Remington UMC from Walmart ($13 a box :eek: )

3: Wolf HP from AIM ($4.50 a box)

The results (below) show only that even the most expensive ammo can do nothing if the shooter is fighting that stock trigger... and flinches :rolleyes: . That said, I was pleasantly surprised with the Wolf HP! MUCH tighter groups than the other two. The Tula will likely remain my practice ammo, at least until I run out, but I think I just found a new round for my "No Shit Shooting"!

And perhaps it's time for that front sight adjustment tool...

post-25215-099851500 1278555162_thumb.jpg

post-25215-090662800 1278555171_thumb.jpg

post-25215-043279500 1278555182_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I only see 18 cents HERE

Yup, sorry to see it end.

I've put about 300 rounds through my (stock) Saiga 7.62, but only just two days ago actually tried anything OTHER than Tula from Cabelas. I Figured a nice, informal comparison was in order. Testing methodology was, admittedly, not ideal: Shooting from a bench, although unsupported (Elbow rest), 1 10 rd magazine, allow barrel to cool, another 10 rd magazine. After that, I'd switch targets and ammo. All from 50 meters, indoors.

Tested were:

The results (below) show only that even the most expensive ammo can do nothing if the shooter is fighting that stock trigger... and flinches :rolleyes: . That said, I was pleasantly surprised with the Wolf HP! MUCH tighter groups than the other two. The Tula will likely remain my practice ammo, at least until I run out, but I think I just found a new round for my "No Shit Shooting"!

First off, judging by your avatar and your target pictures, you have one sweet camera. Secondly, that Wolf doesn't look to bad. I still have to find some time to go out and shoot my brown bear. :\ I was at wally world the other day myself and took a look at that Remington, I think they had it for 23 bucks/box by me...

• Like 1

Tested were:

First off, judging by your avatar and your target pictures, you have one sweet camera. Secondly, that Wolf doesn't look to bad. I still have to find some time to go out and shoot my brown bear. :\ I was at wally world the other day myself and took a look at that Remington, I think they had it for 23 bucks/box by me...

You are going to find that brass cased ammo starts showing its improvement at 100yds and beyond. No great experience with US made brass on the x39 but I know the yugo is almost universally better than the steel if no other reason than its a little hotter (the Yugos made their ammo slightly hotter and barrels thicker than the Russians)and brass expands better to get an improved seal in the chamber. These are minor differences at best.

• Like 1

SAIGA-Genesis: Thanks much! I will say it was an awful lot BETTER before I dragged it with me on two deployments: it lacks the clarity and contrast it first had, probably sand everywhere in the lens (Panasonic DMC-FX35).

I know the focus of this forum is largely bulk purchases, but is there anywhere I can buy small quantities of the milsurp stuff? I would love to test the stuff, see if my rifle likes one over the other.

• Like 1

SAIGA-Genesis: Thanks much! I will say it was an awful lot BETTER before I dragged it with me on two deployments: it lacks the clarity and contrast it first had, probably sand everywhere in the lens (Panasonic DMC-FX35).

I know the focus of this forum is largely bulk purchases, but is there anywhere I can buy small quantities of the milsurp stuff? I would love to test the stuff, see if my rifle likes one over the other.

JG Sales sells Yugo Surplus by the box. I would check there first.

When buying the boxes try to get the brownish colored boxes of yugo, it seems to be in better shape. This is also a good check when buying cases as most will show the boxes inside the case in the ad.

I bought a case of yugo in white boxes that while firing perfect the cases were much more tarnished for some reason.

• Like 1

Sadly Yugo Brass seems to be 20 cents a round shipped right now (centerfiresystems sale). hopefully lack of interest will drive the price down again.

By the way, this thread is nearing the same number of views that " Olympic takes one in the ass!" has, and its not even a sticky!! Keep it up chaps!