Saiga 5.45 Prices

These seem to be out of stock around the country. Prices are high on gunbroker. Ammo seems to be getting more expensive.

Just got an email from AIMS that they have .223 ammo for $200/1000.

Is the .223 Saiga becoming a better buy for a SHTF gun (not a target practice gun)? Or is the reliability of a Saiga AK-74 worth the extra cost? The .223 mags worry me..

These seem to be out of stock around the country. Prices are high on gunbroker. Ammo seems to be getting more expensive.

Just got an email from AIMS that they have .223 ammo for $200/1000.

Is the .223 Saiga becoming a better buy for a SHTF gun (not a target practice gun)? Or is the reliability of a Saiga AK-74 worth the extra cost? The .223 mags worry me..

Atlantic should still have some Saiga's in stock for about $390 shipped,

AIM has 5.45 ammo for sale for $129 for 1080 rounds when you buy 1 can or $119 ea when you buy two cans, comes up to about $260 shipped and you get a free can opener with 2 cans. CFS and AIM both have $10 ea on 30 round magazines for sale, if you buy 4 you get a free mag pouch.

Accessory Arms seems to have the best deal when it comes to Conversion Kits for the Saiga, I recommend them.

There are some deals out there.

Edited by The_EE

AIM has 5.45 ammo for sale for $129 for 1080 rounds when you buy 1 can or $119 ea when you buy two cans, comes up to about $260 shipped and you get a free can opener with 2 cans. CFS and Atlantic both have $10 ea on 30 round magazines for sale, if you buy 4 you get a free mag pouch.

Accessory Arms seems to have the best deal when it comes to Conversion Kits for the Saiga, I recommend them.

Atlantic is charging $59 for the 4 pack Bulgy 30 rounders and the carry pouch, CFS still has them for 10 bucks each but no pouch that I'm aware of. They (CFS) do sell pouches separately, they have like 3-4 kinds at like $5-$8.

AIM has 5.45 ammo for sale for $129 for 1080 rounds when you buy 1 can or $119 ea when you buy two cans, comes up to about $260 shipped and you get a free can opener with 2 cans. CFS and Atlantic both have $10 ea on 30 round magazines for sale, if you buy 4 you get a free mag pouch.

Atlantic is charging $59 for the 4 pack Bulgy 30 rounders and the carry pouch, CFS still has them for 10 bucks each but no pouch that I'm aware of. They (CFS) do sell pouches separately, they have like 3-4 kinds at like $5-$8.

I corrected my post, its CFS and AIM that have the mag/pouch combo.

Ordered from CFS a week before last, Package of 4 AK-74 30rd Mags & Pouch - 5.45x39mm #PKGAK74 $39.99

I corrected my post, its CFS and AIM that have the mag/pouch combo.

Ordered from CFS a week before last, Package of 4 AK-74 30rd Mags & Pouch - 5.45x39mm #PKGAK74 $39.99

Well, I ordered 4 the other day, hopefully I get a pouch. D: I didn't see that they had the deal on a separate page. :\ Also, AIM is out of stock on the mags.

I bought mine at the local gun show for $375 out the door in April. It was the only one in the entire building... I asked a few vendors and they said that they had sold out of the ones they ordered and hadn't ordered any more yet. The guy I bought it from said he had just received it the day before and it was his only one. Something tells me these dealers need to learn what customers are looking for instead of trying to tell us what we want.

Paid $390 on May the 1st at a local gunshow for a 5.45. I only saw one dealer with 5.45 Saiga's. Most dealers, I spoke to, have not heard of a 5.45 Saiga and say that they only have the 7.62.

I got some painted mags from Cope's with a pouch for $10 per mag. The mags work good. I removed the paint and then re-painted the mags, now they look a lot nicer.

Classic Firearms has them all day long for $339.00.

When they are not sold out. I was originally going to order from them but they were sold out and I had to spend $30 extra at Atlantic.

Per CFS's website: This item is Out of Stock and is NOT available for backorders.

Classic Firearms has them all day long for $339.00.

When they are not sold out. I was originally going to order from them but they were sold out and I had to spend $30 extra at Atlantic.

Per CFS's website: This item is Out of Stock and is NOT available for backorders.

Sorry hadn't check their sight in the past few weeks.

I don't think we will be seeing the 5,45 Saiga again. It accepted high cap mags which violates its sporter classification. The cats out of the bag due to all the internet posts about how well the Saiga ran on bulgy mags without installing a bullet guide.

Fraid the party is over.

I don't think that they are going to quit importing them. I would bet it is just a dry spell and they will be back. The .223's are getting hard to find also. Looks like the supply right at the moment is limited for one reason or another.

I don't think that they are going to quit importing them. I would bet it is just a dry spell and they will be back. The .223's are getting hard to find also. Looks like the supply right at the moment is limited for one reason or another.

I've been up late reading on different forums about Saigas, conversions, etc., and I see threads predicting the same thing- no more imports!!- dated 2003, 2005, 2007.

I wouldn't worry.

I've been up late reading on different forums about Saigas, conversions, etc., and I see threads predicting the same thing- no more imports!!- dated 2003, 2005, 2007.

I wouldn't worry.

+1 on dat!

-1 on that. How can you even comment without knowing? Have you even tried to look. :rolleyes:

Maybe that is why you would not worry.

I have spoken with almost every distributor and there are very few( less than a dozen) to be had. And they are going for a premium. If you do know, please enlighten us. I know there are multiple people looking and would love some help on it.

I for one will be attempting to obtain two in the next few weeks.

Edited by beefcakeb0
  • Like 1

i had placed order in with mississippi auto arms when they stated they had 9 in stock,three weeks ago.called them the next day to varify and secure payment and they said everything was fine.i watched their inventory drop the next few days and called them again to see why mine had not shipped? they stated it should go out in next day.two days later they emailed and stated they were out of stock with no back order-and refund of sale.not good service.during this time i watched 3 other dealers that had stock-sell out and had no where to go.

i emailed saiga(rra) and they stated they were out of stock and not expecting any for months.i wonder if the plant in russia needs to retool when making them?

classic arms list they have them-bu called and he stated it may be a while before the see any.

i was lucky to find one at arms of america-fedx tracking shows it is here today!

good luck to all finding one---if i i see any more for you guy's i will post to help out!!!!

new--first post on this forum!

i had placed order in with mississippi auto arms when they stated they had 9 in stock,three weeks ago.called them the next day to varify and secure payment and they said everything was fine.i watched their inventory drop the next few days and called them again to see why mine had not shipped? they stated it should go out in next day.two days later they emailed and stated they were out of stock with no back order-and refund of sale.not good service.during this time i watched 3 other dealers that had stock-sell out and had no where to go.

i emailed saiga(rra) and they stated they were out of stock and not expecting any for months.i wonder if the plant in russia needs to retool when making them?

classic arms list they have them-bu called and he stated it may be a while before the see any.

i was lucky to find one at arms of america-fedx tracking shows it is here today!

good luck to all finding one---if i i see any more for you guy's i will post to help out!!!!

Same exact thing happened to me, as far as your MAA experience (there were 9 in stock when I ordered, too) and losing out on other guns for sale, like CSS's last one.

The only difference is I'm still trying to find one. :\

Same exact thing happened to me, as far as your MAA experience (there were 9 in stock when I ordered, too) and losing out on other guns for sale, like CSS's last one.

The only difference is I'm still trying to find one. :\

Good luck the remaining for sale are going for $500+. I seriously doubt we will see the same 5.45 Saiga when it returns.

Good luck the remaining for sale are going for $500+. I seriously doubt we will see the same 5.45 Saiga when it returns.

I'm not ready to buy into the Chicken Little view of things, but I don't think the shortage is going to clear up for a couple of months.

So does this mean I should jump on the one offered to me for $400? I thinking about waiting for a while to see I I can get it for the advertised yet unavailable $339.

For what it's worth the $400 one is local so no FFL fees or shipping. It might even be a personal rifle so no taxes either.

It would be nice to have one for the summer...

But, maybe it would be better to wait and have it for a winter conversion project.

well, the only ones I have left are converted ones starting at 800.....850 with bullet guides...

...oh yeh, and they will ship in days, not weeks or months from payment....I think I have 4 or 5 down in the vault converted just waiting for a home....and still are covered under both RAAC and CGW warrantys.....how you gonna beat that?

if anyone wants one, PM me or email me at cgwsales@gmail.com and we can get the details worked out....