Saiga in a Video Game

So I'm sure this post will earn me a nice flaming , but hey it happens and it never hurts to ask. Has anyone done there Saiga up like this one , its from BattleField Bad Company 2.

BFBC2-S20.jpg

also I've done some looking and I guess the sights in the game are just the leaf sights , but its raised in the game, is there raised one that could be added.

Again Flame gentle I know I'm asking about a Saiga I saw in a video game but it got me wondering and since I planned to get a saiga before the game it just added that much more interest for me.

No worries, that is actually a "proper" Saiga shotgun. The items on that gun such as the stock, muzzle device, also various grips and magazine, for the actual designed Saigas cannot be imported to the US from Izhmash so most people would have those parts, but don't due to availability.

There are, however, people who chase down the more rare Izhmash parts, usually at a higher price and inconvenience (ie ordering from New Zealand, rare parts that find their way over in someone's suitcase during someone's vacation to Russia, etc) not to mention many US clone or alternative parts that are just as functional.

Check out the picture threads in the tops of each forum, you will see that pretty much anything can be done to these guns.

That mag looks like someone cut down a russian 8 round box mag to 5 round box mag size.

Greg had some of those mags, but is out. If you find them expect to pay a premium.

Also are you ready to get a NFA tax stamp for a SBS?

Cobra can make that handguard.

Your going to have to have someone in russia import the buttstock.

the chokes are pretty well available.

I would say Make the PG yourself, get a american made gas puck, and FCG for 922r parts.

Thats going to be a expensive gun to make, and in the end I think you could build a much cooler gun cheaper. What is the gimmick of having a video game gun worth? Have you checked out some of the guns the members here have built already?

My Wife and I actually Spend of time in St. Petersburg so sourcing the harder to find parts may not be that bad, sure it will still be a pain in the rump but ya could work. Also just started reading about the NFA stamps so ya getting my self ready for the paper work etc. Also nailbomb makes a good point there are alot of wonderful custom saiga's that folks have done here on the sight , I've taking time to actually look around the site since posting last night and its given me alot of insight, I really want to thank you guys for not being jerks , all to often a firearms forum you get the " High Speed , Low Drag operator God LIke Attitude " when they themselves are more of a mall ninja, lol. alot

As for the Gimmick of a saiga from a video game, really the look is what caught me something about it I just liked can't put my finger on it totally but it just really was like wow I like this a ton. lol thanks guys.

I kinda went that direction with mine...tho I'm hesitant to chop the barrell. Mines a 20 gauge and I'm VERY pleased with it.

64finq.jpg

Far as the "high speed, low drag, I'm god, you newbie" attitude...its here, beleive me. Ya wade thru it, and look for the truly helpful people - there are plenty of them here.

Edited by garandman

My Wife and I actually Spend of time in St. Petersburg so sourcing the harder to find parts may not be that bad, sure it will still be a pain in the rump but ya could work. Also just started reading about the NFA stamps so ya getting my self ready for the paper work etc. Also nailbomb makes a good point there are alot of wonderful custom saiga's that folks have done here on the sight , I've taking time to actually look around the site since posting last night and its given me alot of insight, I really want to thank you guys for not being jerks , all to often a firearms forum you get the " High Speed , Low Drag operator God LIke Attitude " when they themselves are more of a mall ninja, lol. alot

As for the Gimmick of a saiga from a video game, really the look is what caught me something about it I just liked can't put my finger on it totally but it just really was like wow I like this a ton. lol thanks guys.

Not really gimmicky, the video game just brought you another source of info, and that "something that caught your eye" was just you having a naturally good eye. Some people recognize the unusual and quality items innately and some people don't have a clue. Consider yourself lucky and to hell with the ones who would flame interest, even if it was generated from a video game.

Welcome to the forum.

I love that game.

You need to unlock that ASAP.

It is pretty cool that they stack the Saiga 20 against 12 gauges. I guess the Saiga 12 was too much.

If you play on 360 send me a friend request, my gamertag is the same as my user ID. I'll be happy to play with you. Its always better to join a squad in that game.

To build up a Saiga like that would be very expensive. Just to mimic the stock it would cost you around $300 for the russian triangle folder stock, another $60 for the SVD cheek weld & like $30(?? dont know really never looked for one) for the grenade launcher recoil pad- so that is almost $400 alone for the stock plus international shipping costs.

It does look cool but it needs a 20 round drum :super:

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, the silly thing is that this game is what led me here today.

I've always loved russian arms, and blah blah history...Anywho, I managed to pick up BC2 and once I played a bit I noticed a shotgun that looked like an AK. Then I played non stop with that bugger, and holy hell. If the real deal is anywhere close to as much fun, then I have to get one.

Though I didn't realise that it was a real weapon until months later, while sitting around in Afghanistan, I decided to look it up.

I'm still doing research, and looking into either the 20 or the 12. At the moment I still think I want a 20.

These shotguns are MUCH easier to control in real life than in the game. Your 20ga recoil in game is similar to the other 12ga, and that's just not true. The 12ga Saiga recoils like a 20ga pump, not the other way around :)

I love the 12 and am just now starting to work with the 20.

Can't wait for the high-cap options to come out soon!

~SN

I love that game.

You need to unlock that ASAP.

It is pretty cool that they stack the Saiga 20 against 12 gauges. I guess the Saiga 12 was too much.

If you play on 360 send me a friend request, my gamertag is the same as my user ID. I'll be happy to play with you. Its always better to join a squad in that game.

To build up a Saiga like that would be very expensive. Just to mimic the stock it would cost you around $300 for the russian triangle folder stock, another $60 for the SVD cheek weld & like $30(?? dont know really never looked for one) for the grenade launcher recoil pad- so that is almost $400 alone for the stock plus international shipping costs.

It does look cool but it needs a 20 round drum :super:

Nope I play on the PS3 and don't worry that and just about everything else is unlocked I just nabbed that photo off wikki so I could link it here. Its really great to see that I was not the only one that was inspired by the video game glad to see it had others bring them here, I love russian firearms from my Mak to my Custom TT-33 and of course my 1944 Hex M44 Carbine. I love russians ( might be why I love my wife so much ) lol.