Funny little story that relates to this forum..............

So our friends that we're staying with, a young couple, about the same age as my girl and I (late 20's). One of them is a local LEO. He starts telling me about this bad-ass shotgun that some guy demo'd for his department (along with plenty of other random goodies and gear). He starts saying how he's never been into shotguns really (he's a former Marine and current LEO/SWAT officer, but not really a "gun guy"), but that this shotgun makes him want one really bad.

So of course, I ask him what it was.........."A Saiga 12, I think" he says. :lolol: I walk into the other room and pull mine out (although it's still butt nekkid, waiting for a stock and PG to replace the skeleton stock I had on it up in NY). His eyes lit up. :super:

He said the one that was being demo'd was all decked out with goodies. I wish I could have seen it.

Anyway, just thought that was a funny story. :D

Ha Ha, when my family went to NYC years ago my brother was chasing those pigeons around. Of course he was 11... :lolol:

LOL, yeah. I'm pretty much 27 going on 14, in certain situations. :lolol:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My buddy grew up around there for a good part of his life. He loved it and always talked about going back. He was out swimming once and saw a huge dorsal, damn near started walking on water to get bac

Excellent choice! I miss Charleston, Lived in Hannahan. Lotsa GREAT people!

You'll get used to the heat, eventually. It'll probably take you a few months, you'll just walk around in a daze, because its so fucking hot and humid, and then you'll be alright. I'll probably be hea

Posted Images

Shooter,

Hugegantic Congrats!!!!

Of all of the pitiful oppressed gun lovers in the communist states, you are the first I've heard of that has actually

made a clean break. Yes, you should celebrate with your first NFA Tax Stamp and make a small bonfire with some thumbhole stocks.

Now you need to brush up on your "ya'll", "ain't", and eat some grits with butter. It wouldn't hurt to practice saying words without modifying or removing the 'R'.... car, park, start, etc. While you are at it, work on taking the 'R' off of words that do not have an 'R".... such as saw, etc.. Sooner or later, you will have it nailed. I have some close friends here in FL that love it here and wouldn't dare go back to NY.... and they don't miss the snow. Of course, you will still get some snow in SC, but it will be a cakewalk compared to the NY winters. How does it feel to be a real 'free' American citizen?

BTW You have to learn to effectively use "don't" when the proper word would be "doesn't". Such as...."He don't have to pay tthe NY state income tax anymore". Isn't that fun to say?

• Like 1

CGW will demo guns to law enforcement agencies. I wonder if it was one of his.

I asked what the guy's name was, figuring someone here would know it. My buddy couldn't remember it, but he said he had the guy's business card somewhere, and if he can find it, he'll let me know.

It'd be pretty cool if it was someone connected with this forum.

Shooter,

Hugegantic Congrats!!!!

Of all of the pitiful oppressed gun lovers in the communist states, you are the first I've heard of that has actually

made a clean break. Yes, you should celebrate with your first NFA Tax Stamp and make a small bonfire with some thumbhole stocks.

Now you need to brush up on your "ya'll", "ain't", and eat some grits with butter. It wouldn't hurt to practice saying words without modifying or removing the 'R'.... car, park, start, etc. While you are at it, work on taking the 'R' off of words that do not have an 'R".... such as saw, etc.. Sooner or later, you will have it nailed. I have some close friends here in FL that love it here and wouldn't dare go back to NY.... and they don't miss the snow. Of course, you will still get some snow in SC, but it will be a cakewalk compared to the NY winters. How does it feel to be a real 'free' American citizen?

BTW You have to learn to effectively use "don't" when the proper word would be "doesn't". Such as...."He don't have to pay tthe NY state income tax anymore". Isn't that fun to say?

Thanks man! :beer:

Some sort of NFA goodie is definitely in store, at some point in the future. But as far as my thumbhole stock......fellow member RalphXL (a NY'er) now has it, as it's a pretty sought after stock amongst NY'ers. I figured I would "pay it forward", as I don't need it anymore. (GET SOME DAMN PICS UP, JESSE! :D:super: )

I'm picking up the lingo here and there. It's funny though, I've met a shit ton of New Yorker's who've also escaped, since I've been here. Kinda funny.

It feels great to be here. I already have telescoping stocks on my AR's, and a stash of PMags :wub: . I'm still not sure what direction I'm going with my S12, as far as a stock. Right now, I'm leaning back toward using my Magpul UBR on it. I snagged it up during a smoking sale awhile ago, but haven't used it yet.

Still working on switching my driver's license over, so I can go buy a Glock 23. It's a pain though, since we're staying with friends, we don't have any bills or anything in our name, to use as a "proof of residence" to get our licenses. So we had to send a hand written letter to our credit union back up in NY with the address change, and then have the sister-branch down here print out a statement with our new address. If we had done it before we left NY, I'd have a sexy little G23 in my hands right now. :cryss:

Saw my first "Palmetto bug" last night on a fence. GOOD LAAWWD! It's a roach on steroids! I thought it was a mouse at first. :lol:

EDIT: I already used the word "don't" where I should use "doesn't". :haha2: My written-word is usually in "correct-form", but my spoken-word? Not so much, lol.

Edited by -Shooter-

Im not aware of any demo guns down in SC right now, but I dont know everything that goes on in-house these days with the other stuff I do now at CGW...

Now, as for leaving NY...I hear you there.

A couple things that were hard for me to get used to was trying to help people "figure out" how to fix stuff or get a fix-er-upper project accomplished. Steer clear of commenting or trying to help, our NY states of thought as it were comes across poorly in the south, no matter how intended or put. That was pretty hard for me to get used to, actually. Must be the accent overriding common sense (i even got an earful for saying to take the sink drain piping apart and put the seal on first because of I dont know why)

The heat was kinda brutal. Carry water with you, and you are going to hate me, but use the AC and be exposed to the heat as much as you can. I didnt use AC for a year and a half after arriving in florida. The heat doesnt even phase me now, but now that Im up in ohio doing other stuff, and looking at my next cold winter, im not sure cooking the anti-freeze out of my blood was a good idea now...seriously, if you can go a month or two till it starts to cool off, you will do yourself a favor and fast track tolerating the heat....I came up for a couple weeks to put a new roof on my best buddy's house back home, and I did it in the hottest week of the year last year, and it didnt even phase me when everyone else was ready to drop dead....I attribute it to the first summer spent without AC of any kind in FL. You will prolong your heat suffering if you avoid the heat....

Them bugs. yeh. uh, well long story short, i have a fear of bugs from waking up with a wolf spider in my mouth when i was a kid. I dont like bugs, much less cock roaches. palmetto bugs dont care, its a roach to me. wait till you see a madagascar roach that was supposed to be someone's friggin pet food. jeebus. Get some roach killer that works, and use it. Bugs are a fact of life down south.

Now, the real obvious, and an excuse for your first pistol that you dont have to register with hillary. Go get yourself a decent revolver, dont have to be wicked special or nothin, something like a 357 with a 4" barrel or something, and go get some snake shot. The goddamn cottonmouths will come ACROSS THE LAKE after you in the heat. watch where you step if you are outdoorsey and be careful around the edges of water until you know what you are looking for. snakebite == bad.

Dont laugh when someone comes up and asks you for that 5" sunfish you just caught so they can eat it. dont look funny when they ask you if "you catchin' any spics".....they ACTUALLY said "are you catching any specs (crappies)"

get used to the N word, you will hear it a lot

learn the signs of the white trash meth heads. stay the HELL away from them, too. You didnt have to deal withthem where you were, and if you did, not like this. It is a serious problem that has somehow been kept at bay by the police up north, or at least a little bit. sadly, it is something that you are going to have to learn to spot and steer clear of. even the casual meth heads are unpredictable, and can and will do some crazy shit. You may write this advice off, but dont say i didnt warn you. I had a few incidents where I lived with them, two of which involved me putting a shotgun on someone, one of which ended up with one of them beaten in the kidneys so bad they bled for a month out thier little pecker, and the sheriff even asked why i didnt just shoot the little prick. It really is like crack wars 1990 again, but is everywhere in all areas down yonder. sad really.

lock your stuff up at night, see last statement.

watch your language, especially around good old boys and their families. Ive gotten a LOT better with my sailor's mouth the last few years. You forget how offensive that fuckin shit is when out in goddamn public, to people :D

let me see, resist the urge to buy every handgun you see on the cheap. with free trade, also comes some deals you will wish you had steered clear from. get a reciept with the seller's friggin ID on it.

if you go to a poh dink bar, order your beer quietly, and dont speak till spoken to, until you get the feel for the place.

get used to seeing pedophiles on TV. sadly they seem to be attracted to the heat.

Now, guys, before anyone comes at me with something about me being a wise ass or anything like that, refute what im saying to shooter.....try to at least....then we can talk about my rotten ass yankee attitude :)

OH....when in public....unless you have eyes in the back of your head, and a fast ride, do NOT ask who won the civil war, unless you are willing to recreate the march to the sea and burn the whole goddamn town down to get away. They dont like that even after they tell you how bad the yankees and yankee government is.....it isnt a two way street, i guess....

when you catch them lizards, hang en from your earlobes and snap us a picture. Im sure you will look PURDY with em on!

good luck

p.s. - memorize every hillary and obama joke you can, and tell them with the thickest NY accent you can....you will be the hit of the party!

• Like 1

When it rains, we tend to see those large roaches around the back porch and they will come in sometimes. Get some combat Roach Gel and put a little dob of it near the entryways, under sinks, and any crack or crevice. Make sure the pets and kids can't get it. The sweet smell of it is what draws the roaches. It works like a charm and lasts for about 4-6 months. Beware of used furniture or appliances.... and put Combat Gel in your storage facilty if you are using one. If one person brings a German roach to a storage facility.... every unit and everything in the unit will have German roaches in no time.

The little bastards can live forever off of the crumbs in all of the couches and recliners, lol.

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1

Some sort of NFA goodie is definitely in store, at some point in the future. But as far as my thumbhole stock......fellow member RalphXL (a NY'er) now has it, as it's a pretty sought after stock amongst NY'ers. I figured I would "pay it forward", as I don't need it anymore. (GET SOME DAMN PICS UP, JESSE! :D:super: )

S

EDIT: I already used the word "don't" where I should use "doesn't". :haha2: My written-word is usually in "correct-form", but my spoken-word? Not so much, lol.

I got it together. Pics soon. We have been experiencing some South Carolina weather here. We New Yorkers are not used to 95 degrees in the shade.

RalphXL

• Like 1

Im not aware of any demo guns down in SC right now, but I dont know everything that goes on in-house these days with the other stuff I do now at CGW...

<snip>

Yeah, I'm hounding my buddy to find the business card, or at least ask around to get the guys name.

As for the other info.......thanks for the heads up, man. Sometimes I forget that you're a transplant from NY too.

When it rains, we tend to see those large roaches around the back porch and they will come in sometimes. Get some combat Roach Gel and put a little dob of it near the entryways, under sinks, and any crack or crevice. Make sure the pets and kids can't get it. The sweet smell of it is what draws the roaches. It works like a charm and lasts for about 4-6 months. Beware of used furniture or appliances.... and put Combat Gel in your storage facilty if you are using one. If one person brings a German roach to a storage facility.... every unit and everything in the unit will have German roaches in no time.

The little bastards can live forever off of the crumbs in all of the couches and recliners, lol.

Those bastards are nasty! But I've already killed one. I can learn to deal with it.

I'll have to check on the storage thing. Never thought about them in there. I'll pick up some Combat Gel on the next trip out. Thanks for the tip.

S

I got it together. Pics soon. We have been experiencing some South Carolina weather here. We New Yorkers are not used to 95 degrees in the shade.

RalphXL

Hell yeah, bro. Looking forward to the pics.

LOL about the weather thing. I know, I've heard it all from my fam when I called up there the other day. :lolol: The outside-temp-gauge on my girl's car said 101*F yesterday. When I was talking to my sister up in NY, I told her and was thinking I was going to shock her............nope. She's like "Hell, it's 98* here!".

I finally caught one those little bastards! :lolol:

I was out having a smoke on the patio, with a potted plant damn near right between my legs. I look down and there's a lizard chilling in it. So I grabbed it! :D Kinda weird though. They usually take off before you can even get near them. Maybe he thought I couldn't see him.

Right after this picture, I put him on the fence and he ran right back to that damn plant.

post-5916-046359300 1279035301_thumb.jpg