Well at least......goodbye, New York! :super:

My girlfriend and I are finally moving to South Carolina. Some of you guys who know me, know I've talked about it for the last year or so. Well we both just finished up the last days of our 2-week notices at work; last night for me, today for her. So we'll be making the move next week. This is gonna be a busy week, with finishing packing up, cleaning up the house, and with all the "Oh, we have to get together before you leave" gatherings :cryss: . I'm getting tired just thinking about it.

I can't wait to enjoy the freedoms of non-restrictive gun laws, like we have here in NY. The thought of just walking into a gunshop with an SC driver's license, and walking out with a handgun a few minutes later makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. No waiting periods, no permits, no waiting on a judge to add it to your permit before you can take possession of it, etc. No wonder I never bothered getting my permit.

.......and to all the southerners.......we promise not to be "those people" from NY. Ya know, the "Up in NY, we do it like this..." kinda people. I think we'll have an easy time making the transition into becoming southerners. We just have to get used to some of the sayings you guys use. The friends we're going to be staying with there until we find a place and jobs, forwarded us an email about southern sayings. They said "It's a funny email.....but it's also true. Study up and learn the lingo!". :D

Another plus? I'll be a stone's throw from Carolina Shooter's Supply!

Well, I just wanted to share the good news with my forum homies. Send some good vibes our way, please! :D I hope everything works out for us, and we "make it" down there. We already have a few of the nay-sayers spitting the whole "You guys'll be back in a few months" bullshit <_< . They've apparently drank large amounts of HATERADE.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My buddy grew up around there for a good part of his life. He loved it and always talked about going back. He was out swimming once and saw a huge dorsal, damn near started walking on water to get bac

Excellent choice! I miss Charleston, Lived in Hannahan. Lotsa GREAT people!

You'll get used to the heat, eventually. It'll probably take you a few months, you'll just walk around in a daze, because its so fucking hot and humid, and then you'll be alright. I'll probably be hea

Posted Images

Gongrats, I hope yall have an easy move and enjoy your new place! :super:

Welcome to the south...soon. Remember to say "yall" lol, now you have to drink cold sweat tea, hot coffee, eat crayfish and fried catfish! meh thats just a few things haha.

• Like 1

Congratulations Shooter!.... Before you know it, "Ya'll" will be rolling off your tongue faster than you can say "Biscuits n' gravy please"!!!

• Like 1

Hell yeah, man. I know you've been waiting for a while, glad to hear you're breaking the chains of oppression. My roommate lived in Ithaca for a while, but had to come back to the south. He said everything up there was taxed excessively, and it was an enormous hassle to have anything to do with guns. Also, we have a certain sense of social justice down here (this is according to him). Apparently, if you knock someone out in New York when they're talking shit, you go to jail. In the south, or Alabama at least. the cops just roll up and shrug their shoulders, and tell the guy he shouldn't be running his mouth.

Not busting on SC, but what made that your chosen destination?

• Like 1

welcome to the south from another fellow ex-new yorker!i`am in florida!most important thing you have to learn is to bring over cold beer,as it`s hot as hell down here!i`am sure you`ll love it,as the people are honestly more friendly!good luck!

• Like 1

I know you have been looking forward to this for a long time and I hope it is everything you hoped it would be.027.gif032.gif

I too am on the wrong side of the Mason Dixon Line and hope to get to where you are going soon.

I'm not sure being closer to Gregg is that big a plus though. He might just get you stuff before you even know what you want. 021.gif

Best of luck to you and your Lady in your new digs Shooter. 032.gif

• Like 1

Shooter,

Congrats on the move and I hope that everything goes as planned. Here is to a safe and uneventful move to the South. :beer:

BTW, I would love to be present when you get your first sweet tea sugar buzz. I can still remember mine :lolol::lolol::lolol:

• Like 1

Good luck with the move. You will enjoy it MUCH better down there.

My long standing Navy friends live in 'the South' and bonds that you build down there WILL last a lifetime.. congrats.

Going for TX myself in 2-3 years.. gotta build something first.

Al

• Like 2

Welcome to the South! its better here. People are nicer, buying a firearm isnt hard at all, for better or for worse. (Im a couple miles from blacksburg so VT made people a little more cautious about firearms). For example it took me about 10 minutes to buy a Saiga and im 19.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the well wishes, fellas! :beer: :beer:

The_Vigilante: Nope. There's no minimum residency requirement required to buy firearms there. As soon as I switch my SC driver's license, I can start draining my bank account. :D

Volkov: We're moving to Surfside Beach. But our friends that live there make random trips to Charleston. A range trip is definitely in order at some point.

Elvis Christ: Yeah, Ithaca has some beautiful places, but your buddy was pretty much dead on. As for why we chose SC; it's just that we already have friends there, which makes things easier. We just both really wanted/needed to get out of NY for various reasons. I've lived in NY for 99% of my 27 years of life, and my girl has lived here ever since she was born. Time for a change.

Bigcec1: No Christmas list made up.........yet. :D Some sort of NFA toy is a must-have at some point. :devil:

Thanks again, fellas. :super:

Welcome to the good ole south now grab you a big glass of sweet tea!!!!

The only tea I've ever drank is Snapple. :lolol: I'll have to give this sweet tea you guys are talking about a try!

Moving to the South in the middle of summer? You have fun with that ;) This Yankee would melt

Oh, I'm sure I'm gonna melt too. Even more so because over the past 2 years, I've worked in a warehouse that was constantly 34*F, -10*F in the freezer, and -20*F in a small section of the freezer. That's the kinda cold that physically hurts!

Scout Joe hit it right on the head. You had better be ready. It's been 100 degrees and up for the past few days here in NORTH Carolina. Been really fun for me with my AC being out of order. :ded:

Fortunately for me my shop is in a cool basement, but Racegal's been increasingly hard to live with....thank god I finally got it going yesterday. When it's over 130 degrees in the attic, even with the attic exhaust fan running full blast, open doors and windows with fans blowing in every room really don't help much.

When you do get a place, make damn sure it has adequate AC and keep it maintained. Welcome to the land of the free. The people are definitely much nicer (most of us), as was said above.

• Like 1