I might be trading in one of my (bone stock) x39 Saigas toward a Glock 23. I've never traded in a gun. What's the best way to go about this?

Bring in my Saiga, have them price it out....then say "...Oh yeah, and I want to put this toward that there G23"?

Go in, talk the guy down on the G23.....then say "....Oh yeah, and I have a 7.62x39 Saiga I'm want to trade toward it"?

Just go straight up and tell them what I want, and what I have to trade toward it?

Any help is appreciated.

Bro, it's just like trading in a car. They're gonna try to low-ball you as much as possible.

I personally would try to sell it on Gun-broker or a private sale first.

Otherwise, just bring it in & see how much credit they'll give you & how much they'll take off the Glock.

You should get more credit for it than cash from a gun store.

ETA:

I just remembered... This is your first handgun after moving out of screw-you-york.

Congrats!

I bet you're excited. :up:

Edited by Paulyski

You could probably say you'd like to trade it in and pay the difference. Maybe you'll only have to pay $50-100 for the G23. I last saw one going for around $525. The Saiga x39s here are going for around $390-410.

Edited by VaiFanatic90

Be prepared to hear "We don't have any demand for Saiga AK's"-the best I can do is 55-60% of the current blue book value. Advertise it in your local paper first-or on Craig's List if there is one where you live. Does Craigslist permit advertising of firearms?

No. Neither do local papers in my state.

Bro, it's just like trading in a car. They're gonna try to low-ball you as much as possible.

This ^^^

Try to sell it to a person first, you'll get more out of it.

Exactly what Paulski said. I went to trade in a Ruger 10/22 walnut stock, stainless steel, and cheap scope. Gun was in really good condition and I had 7 magazines for it. The guy at the shop (as I expected) low balled just like a car salesman, offering only $150 and stating the extra 6 magazines "were of no value" despite the fact that in the counter on the other side of the room they're selling 10/22 factory mags for ~$20-25 each

If you want to trade/sell efficiently definitely go with gunbroker or a private sale, at a dealer you will not get anywhere near full value. As for me I just wanted to get rid of the thing so I traded it in anyways. But I was not surprised at being lowballed.

Awesome. Thanks for all the info!

I guess I'll try to sell it outright first. It literally has less than 50 rounds through it. It just never really got shot after I converted my first x39.

Only drawback is that I have no idea where the factory 10 round mag is.

So taking that into account, how much should I ask for an '06 manufacture, dimpled x39 with less than 50 rounds through it? I know I have the cleaning kit and cleaning rod somewhere to include with it, as they came with it from the factory.

Gonna be sending you a PM, Rangerguy.........

ETA:

I just remembered... This is your first handgun after moving out of screw-you-york.

Congrats!

I bet you're excited. :up:

Hell yeah, bro! :super:

As soon as I get my driver's license switched over, I can go buy a handgun and walk out with it the same day. It's a world of difference from NY.........and I love it. :wub:

Gonna get the G23, and the Lone Wolf conversion barrel so I can shoot 9mm through it for cheaper range fun.