Chaos sights are shipping!!!:))))

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey guys the sight start shipping tomorrow, here's a little taste what they look like. Eat your heart out UTG owners Better yet, sell your UTG rail and buy a real U.S. made Rail system for your Saiga

Thanks guys and rocky says what up!

Got mine today...but can't get those damn rear sights off. May have to cut it. :-(

Posted Images

Looks great. You even gonna try out those fixed sights? )

Was heading to the range after supper, but the inlaws decided to pay us a visit. There is always tomorrow.

I set these atop my AR before installing them on the S12 and I gotta say, they look awesome on there too.

Sadly, they look better than my Magpul MBUS's IMO.

If you made these with a higher sight picture, or better yet, a flip up style, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a set again.

Yet another masterpiece Cameron. Please, keep 'em comin.

Im betting he is shipping them out in the same order that the orders came in.

Actually, no. I'm the little puss that sat on Cam's website until July 31st to order his rail with sights.

I haven't goten a tracking number yet, but I did get the actual rail in the mail yesterday. :haha:

Yes, this is exactly what I was looking for. Suitably gnarly appearing and likely to be perfectly functional when installed.

Woo.

Hoo.

It's apparent in the picture that the Eotech does not co-witness these sights. Please verify that I am seeing this correctly?

Thanks.

RJ

I have a cheapie Tasco and it co-witnesses fine. Costs about $35.00 at your local walmart.

It has held up on .223, 7.62, and 12 ga. Still running strong. I have 100+ rounds through it.

gallery_23795_515_55773.jpg

Edited by Plastik

It's apparent in the picture that the Eotech does not co-witness these sights. Please verify that I am seeing this correctly?

Thanks.

RJ

I have a cheapie Tasco and it co-witnesses fine. Costs about $35.00 at your local walmart.

It has held up on .223, 7.62, and 12 ga. Still running strong. I have 100+ rounds through it.

gallery_23795_515_55773.jpg

Thanks! That may be just the ticket for this project. Do you have a profile view and a part number? I'm partial to the Eotech Recticle, but a red dot may be fine enough.

Got mine today...but can't get those damn rear sights off. May have to cut it. :-(

I had to cut mine. That sight wouldn't move AT ALL. Edited by rjrivero

Thanks! That may be just the ticket for this project. Do you have a profile view and a part number? I'm partial to the Eotech Recticle, but a red dot may be fine enough.

med_gallery_23795_515_155508.jpg

It can be found online for less than $30.00

Tasco Red Dot 1x30 Matte 5 MOA Dot Riflescope - Tasco BKRD30

Also comes in Silver, I've seen.

Keep in mind, it is 5 MOA, but I don't see needing more except for competition.

For just a bit more you can get the Primary Arms Micro Dot (also in the pic above) which is actually LOWER than this one on the original mount (not pictured) and is 4 MOA.

The co-witness is beautiful, but I don't want to spend yet even more money on another one when I've got the Tasco.

Those run $75.00 or so. I just got one for my Ar and it's great.

I had to cut mine. That sight wouldn't move AT ALL.

I cut mine also. Good riddance!

Edited by Plastik

And suddenly there wasn't a good reason not to have a cowitness setup on your shotgun...

Anyone know if the low mount for the vortex will cowitness? I have the high mount with AR BUIS right now, but I just got my Chaos Irons in. I do like the vortex sight and wouldn't mind keeping it...

Worst case scenario I could get a primary arms micro...

Got mine drilled, tapped, and installed today! My RDS was already boresighted and zeroed in and guess what? My red dot co-witnessed at the very top center of the new Chaos front post after installation! Freaky!

DSC02953.jpg

DSC02954.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Primary Arms has released a "Gen 7 Micro Dot".

It is an AK catered mount and has been improved at 3 MOA, 4 o' clock LED position, rather than 6 o' clock (center, bottom).

The mount is fixed though.

Runs $79.99.

I can't post a link because they are not registered business members on this forum.

Just Google Primary Arms.

I wish I had waited a bit because I am getting an Eotech for my Spike's AR and moving the Gen 3 Micro Dot to the S12.

I highly recommend either the Primary Arms Micro Dot (any Gen) or the Tasco Red Dot for a good co-witness with the Chaos Sights.

Do any of the "halo" style red dots co-witness? I would rather not have a tube style sight on this gun. The Fastfire II maybe?

I'm really partial to the dot in a donut recticle on the Eotechs. I know some folks don't like the fact that it "blurs" a bit but I've always found it easier to get on target faster than the single red dot. With that said, I've been looking at THIS SIGHT and wondering if it would co-witness with the Chaos Sights for those times where I forget to turn on my optic on the firing line......:unsure: (It happens.)

Do any of the "halo" style red dots co-witness? I would rather not have a tube style sight on this gun. The Fastfire II maybe?

I'm really partial to the dot in a donut recticle on the Eotechs. I know some folks don't like the fact that it "blurs" a bit but I've always found it easier to get on target faster than the single red dot. With that said, I've been looking at THIS SIGHT and wondering if it would co-witness with the Chaos Sights for those times where I forget to turn on my optic on the firing line......:unsure: (It happens.)

I have this sight, I'm waiting on my sights to come in so I can see if they co-witness.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/ncstar-mount-red-dot-sight-tactical-red-dot-black-sight-with-on-off-switch-ddab.html

It's a lot smaller than I thought it would be

post-23762-022986100 1282828356_thumb.jpg

I have this sight, I'm waiting on my sights to come in so I can see if they co-witness.

http://www.opticspla...witch-ddab.html

Ohh.....can you measure from the base to the bottom of the sight and from the base to the middle of the sight? Maybe we can figure out if it will co-witness.

Ohh.....can you measure from the base to the bottom of the sight and from the base to the middle of the sight? Maybe we can figure out if it will co-witness.

from the top of rail to the bottom of the glass it's 1/2 inch, and from rail to middle of glass it's 7/8 inch.

from the top of rail to the bottom of the glass it's 1/2 inch, and from rail to middle of glass it's 7/8 inch.

You should be good to go! :super:

You should be good to go! :super:

Sweet, thanks man :smoke: