Lancaster off for warranty work

So I have posted a few times about my rough rider 74. After some evaluation it seems I indeed had a over gassed system. Talked with Lancaster arms and they are going to take care of it. They plan to re-barrel it with a E. German barrel. Anyway, I know some have had a bad experience with them so I wanted to just let everyone know how it turns out. So far they have been great to talk to and have responded very quickly to all 4 of my calls.

Edited by redfish28

Good luck, my friend. :up: I suspect you'll need it, unfortunately.

After receiving a wretched abortion of a Romy G build they called a Lancaster 3060 "Russian Red", (and returning it unfired), I'll never again waste a single penny of my hard-earned money with the schiesters at Lancaster.

Good luck, my friend. :up: I suspect you'll need it, unfortunately.

After receiving a wretched abortion of a Romy G build they called a Lancaster 3060 "Russian Red", (and returning it unfired), I'll never again waste a single penny of my hard-earned money with the schiesters at Lancaster.

I know about the rifle you speak of. I read your past post. Sorry it didn't turn out so good. Least you got your money back. I'm giving them a fair shot to make things right. After the problem with the 74's it sounds like they got their mind right. Still I have had other guns from different manufactures that had to go back for worse problems. I'm not defending them or condemning them just yet. I'll let ya'll know.

Edited by redfish28

I sent my RR back in April and got a Bulgarian barrel based on the markings on the barrel. My experience with Lancaster was good but many have not been as lucky.

That's good to hear. How did it shoot after it came back? Did they refinish it black? Mine shot awesome, just over gassed.

I sent my RR back in April and got a Bulgarian barrel based on the markings on the barrel. My experience with Lancaster was good but many have not been as lucky.

That's good to hear. How did it shoot after it came back? Did they refinish it black? Mine shot awesome, just over gassed.

It shot very good. Much less recoil after the barrel change and they did refinish the entire rifle in black.

Edited by Falcon09

Got my AK74 back from them last week. Barrel is new East German chrome lined, but I have not been to the range with it yet. Be prepared for a wait... mine shipped to them May 2, got it back the last week in July...

Dunno bigsal, they did what they claimed the were gonna do for me.... probably won't buy from them again though...

I'm hoping it turns out as good for me as it did for you. I bought the rifle based on a number of good reviews on their 47's. There was an occasional bad review I read,but I took a chance on them, cause the price was good, and I figured how the hell can you mess up an Ak? Japanzer did they refinish your rifle also?

Edited by redfish28

Lancaster just called. Said they recieved the rifle.(Which correlates to the tracking info). Said they will begin repair on the rifle today , and hopefully have the rifle shipped by the end of this week. So far so good. Still can't complain how they have treated me personally. Will keep ya'll posted.

Edited by redfish28

Dunno bigsal, they did what they claimed the were gonna do for me.... probably won't buy from them again though...

I'm hoping it turns out as good for me as it did for you. I bought the rifle based on a number of good reviews on their 47's. There was an occasional bad review I read,but I took a chance on them, cause the price was good, and I figured how the hell can you mess up an Ak? Japanzer did they refinish your rifle also?

Yep, they refinished it. Now that I have all the custom wood back on it it looks as good as it ever did!

Edited by Jpanzer
  • 2 weeks later...

They're are a lot of unhappy people because lancaster, do a google search.

Well aware of that friend. All I can tell you is what they did in my case. You pay your money you takes your chances... :deadhorse:

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy ya'll. I just wanted to let ya know that the rifle arrived today. Overall I am very happy. Lancaster replaced the barrel with a E. German just like they said they would. On top of that they refinished the rifle in all black, replaced the furniture with all brand new plum furniture, and polished the bolt. I haven't shot it yet, cause down here in Tejas, it is storming pretty bad. I'll give the range report soon. I know a lot of people feel like they got crapped on by Lancaster but I feel like they did what they said they were gonna do and more. Maybe they are working things out? Maybe I got lucky? Who knows, I am just sharing how things went down for me. I still have to test the rifle before I'll say more.

Forgot to mention that All the internals including the bolt are new. They do not have the same serial number as before.

Edited by redfish28

Took mine out to range this week. Runs like a champ with the East German barrel. Really pleased with it. Overall it was a joy to shoot. :super:

Too bad Lancaster's reputation took a beating in this entire recall fiasco. They do good work when all their ducks are in a row...

Took mine out to range this week. Runs like a champ with the East German barrel. Really pleased with it. Overall it was a joy to shoot. :super:

Too bad Lancaster's reputation took a beating in this entire recall fiasco. They do good work when all their ducks are in a row...

I agree brother. Glad to hear the range trip was enjoyable. If only Lancaster would have shipped these rifles proper the first time, who knows how it could have ended up for them. Anyway they seem to be making it right. As it stands if they could gaurentee that I would get another 74 like the one they returned, I may purchase one.

well, I haven't been able to shoot the 74 yet but I have inspected it a few times. I mentioned that the rile had all new internls; scratch that its a new rifle. It has a new serial number.

Wow, but given the circumstances I believe I would want a new one instead of a cobbled together one. What are your feelings on this?

well, I haven't been able to shoot the 74 yet but I have inspected it a few times. I mentioned that the rile had all new internls; scratch that its a new rifle. It has a new serial number.

uhhh.....wait a sec...

you shipped a gun from you to them and they shipped you a gun back with a different serial #?

didnt they skip the two transfers? or did they just send you someone else's gun?

Wow, but given the circumstances I believe I would want a new one instead of a cobbled together one. What are your feelings on this?

I'm more than happy to have received a new rifle all together. I was hoping that would have been the outcome when I sent it off. The fit and finish on this rifle far exceeds what I was hoping for.

Bvamp, don't know what went down with the transfer of the rifle. It may have been someone else's at one time and they repaired it. Anyhow, I have heard of gun manufactures doing this before. Maybe someone can shed some light on the situation. All I know is that I am happy with what they shipped me thus far.

uhhh.....wait a sec...

you shipped a gun from you to them and they shipped you a gun back with a different serial #?

didnt they skip the two transfers? or did they just send you someone else's gun?

I thought it was legal for the manufacturer to do this if it was warranty work. Hence the repair or replace at our discretion clause. It would cause issues with the 4473 though wouldn't it?

Can someone clarify this?

Edited by Stansplace
  • 3 weeks later...

uhhh.....wait a sec...

Hey, that's pretty cool...

Put a few bodies on the gun, then send it in & get a new one! :devil:

I had a Glock 30 that had RAIL/SLIDE issues and sent it for warranty.. they sent me one with an ammended serial #.... 1-44607..

I lived in NJ at the time so imagiine my DISGUST on this.. another pistol permit and $... and xfer fees :dollar:

Should have just kept the RECALLED one.. it had 0 issues..

Glad to see they sent you a new one... but without BG check.. I think thats just.. :blues: worthy on them..