Drilling new holes for trigger pins?

Hmmmm It sure looks to me like he used a drill? How else to remove the shoulder pins? essohbe If you have a saiga, or can look at a picture of one, the two pins under the scope mount but not touching them are the real pin holes you want to use. On the other side they are in between the trigger guard and mag latch on the side.

Edited by beefcakeb0

Hmmmm It sure looks to me like he used a drill? How else to remove the shoulder pins? essohbe If you have a saiga, or can look at a picture of one, the two pins under the scope mount but not touching them are the real pin holes you want to use. On the other side they are in between the trigger guard and mag latch on the side.

You can remove the pins with a punch, you don't have to drill out the old pins

• Like 1

I never knew that. I thought you had to drill them first.

I believe Max is referring to the cold chisel + punch method.

If you just punch them without rolling up the shoulders first with the cold chisel, you'll bend your receiver.

The 'steel gray' pins are your Trigger and Hammer pins after conversion.. Where they are located are where they go.

The black roll pins that you may have drilled the 'shoulders' off of are not required after conversion.. that is where the little black plastic hole plugs go (or you weld the holes shut)..

If you drill any other holes, it better be for a bullet guide.. (which is inside the trunnion area)..

Al

If you just punch them without rolling up the shoulders first with the cold chisel, you'll bend your receiver.

Not true at all. I used a punch and did not bend my receiver.

"...the two pins under the scope mount but not touching them are the real pin holes you want to use."

Thank you Beefcake, this is what I was getting at/wanted to ask but didn't know quite how.

I don't have a Saiga yet, all i can do is look at my 7.62 AK and kinda get ideas based on picture comparisons.

Seems like it is stupid easy to convert, can't imagine why more people don't.

Thanks all.

Edited by essohbe
"...the two pins under the scope mount but not touching them are the real pin holes you want to use."

Thank you Beefcake, this is what I was getting at/wanted to ask but didn't know quite how.

I don't have a Saiga yet, all i can do is look at my 7.62 AK and kinda get ideas based on picture comparisons.

Seems like it is stupid easy to convert, can't imagine why more people don't.

Thanks all.

people tend to over-complicate things, which is why i usually have a living room full of other people's guns and guitars that need simple work, but the owners are afraid of messing something up.

people tend to over-complicate things, which is why i usually have a living room full of other people's guns and guitars that need simple work, but the owners are afraid of messing something up.

Lol. So places like Aresenal Inc are doing about a half-hours worth of work and charging people $900 for the gun then.

Damn, I'm in the wrong buisness....

Then you did a 308 conversion and not any other caliber, everyone here knows that you have to drill the heads off of any other caliber, except the 308, then punch the pins out....

Then you did a 308 conversion and not any other caliber, everyone here knows that you have to drill the heads off of any other caliber, except the 308, then punch the pins out....

Nope I did it on an S-12. Watch the first video and you will see, 10 minutes in...

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=55704

Edited by Rangerguy