I think it's a Lockheed...

P-38-1.jpg

Good one! My first thought as it's my favorite WWII fighter. I've tried a Walther out. My buddy is a WWII re-enactor and has it, a Class 3 MP-40, and a K-98. It was pretty slick for an old gun but the MP-40 is waaay better! Come to think of it, a 1911 is an old gun too and is pretty slick as well.

Edited by MT Predator

P-38-1.jpg

Good one! My first thought as it's my favorite WWII fighter. I've tried a Walther out. My buddy is a WWII re-enactor and has it, a Class 3 MP-40, and a K-98. It was pretty slick for an old gun but the MP-40 is waaay better! Come to think of it, a 1911 is an old gun too and is pretty slick as well.

See, cause I want one haha. How was the MP-40?

P38CanOpener.jpg

I have a few of them. they work great in a pinch.

I've got a bunch of them unopened as well. I've got one on every set of keys as well. Wasn't talking about them... Jesus, this is in the Handgun thread!! Not razorblades, planes and what not!

P-38-1.jpg

Plus 1 to the smartass... :lolol:

I saw a nice stainless P38 just the other day here in Indy, I dont remember the price but I didnt think it was to bad at the time, I did give it a second look.

I don't have a P-38...

I have two! Both Spreewerke (cyq).

One's an ugly late-war capture, serials on the barrel and slide match, but the frame's a different number. I have the original shoulder holster for that one, with a broken strap, and the capture paperwork, complete with a funny error - the pistol is listed as "caliber - .38" The pistol's pretty beaten up, lots of pitting in the barrel and around 80% blue if I remember right.

The other one is much nicer - very clean, sharp rifling, all matching numbers, 95%+ blue, with the original hard-shell holster and extra magazine.

All the inspection marks and waffenamts are intact on both pistols, neither has import marks.

Great pistols, much better than the can opener. Might have to take second place to the airplane. Is there anything else designated P-38 that should be entered in the competition?

P-38-1.jpg

I saw a nice stainless P38 just the other day here in Indy, I dont remember the price but I didnt think it was to bad at the time, I did give it a second look.

Was is stainless, or was it one of those briefly-made Frog "gray ghost" guns with no finish and aluminum grips? If it's a "gray ghost" those are worth a bit in good condition.

I don't have a P-38...

I have two! Both Spreewerke (cyq).

One's an ugly late-war capture, serials on the barrel and slide match, but the frame's a different number. I have the original shoulder holster for that one, with a broken strap, and the capture paperwork, complete with a funny error - the pistol is listed as "caliber - .38" The pistol's pretty beaten up, lots of pitting in the barrel and around 80% blue if I remember right.

The other one is much nicer - very clean, sharp rifling, all matching numbers, 95%+ blue, with the original hard-shell holster and extra magazine.

All the inspection marks and waffenamts are intact on both pistols, neither has import marks.

Great pistols, much better than the can opener. Might have to take second place to the airplane. Is there anything else designated P-38 that should be entered in the competition?

Man, you outta post a pic of them sometime, I'd love to see.

this rules over all p38's. Decpetinominon (was said on Aqua teen hunger force). It doesnt get anymore badass than a gun with the decepticon symbol.

It is a toy I know, but awesome none the less.

megatron2a.jpg

Edited by Marrok

this rules over all p38's. Decpetinominon (was said on Aqua teen hunger force). It doesnt get anymore badass than a gun with the decepticon symbol.

megatron2a.jpg

Megatron....greatest Walther ever... :blues:

megatron2a.jpg

Haha, I gotta admit, that's actually pretty cool.

P-38-1.jpg

Was is stainless, or was it one of those briefly-made Frog "gray ghost" guns with no finish and aluminum grips? If it's a "gray ghost" those are worth a bit in good condition.

No it was actually Stainless, thats why I did a double take, never seen one like that, I wish I had asked them about it.

P-38-1.jpg

No it was actually Stainless, thats why I did a double take, never seen one like that, I wish I had asked them about it.

Yeah, I've seen several Walther's that had been nickle plated.

Seeing those walthers reminds me of Lupin the 3rd.

Miss that show. Adult Swim has just turned into a shit factory. I love Aqua Teen, but I'm tired of them repeating the same Family Guy and Robot Chicken episodes. And the new shows they have suck.

Seeing those walthers reminds me of Lupin the 3rd.

Miss that show. Adult Swim has just turned into a shit factory. I love Aqua Teen, but I'm tired of them repeating the same Family Guy and Robot Chicken episodes. And the new shows they have suck.

Amen to that. childrens hospital blows something awful.