price to SBS a Saiga 12?

hey guys, i did some searching and couldnt really find a thread on the pricing associated with SBS'ing a Saiga 12. ive found all the different threads on barrel lengths and the such and i know its between the 8,10 and 12 barrel length, but i was wondering, going with ballpark figures, what it would take to convert it to that length, i know im going to have a $200 sbs stamp, but things such as Barrel cutting and threading, drilling and/or moving gas block, i already have a gunfixr gas plug and aftermarket puck so ive already paid for those(along with the rest of the conversion and compliance parts).

thanks for the info yall can give me

Our prices are on the website. The logo in my sigline is a link.

Bob,

What length do you think the barrel is on the S12 on the homepage here is? The one that changes to a sporterized S12 that is right in the middle of the page. 12" + Russian choke?

Bob,

What length do you think the barrel is on the S12 on the homepage here is? The one that changes to a sporterized S12 that is right in the middle of the page. 12" + Russian choke?

I can't see the one you mean.

Bob,

I can't see the one you mean.

You have to click on the photo and wait a second, you will see it change to the shorty. I love the look of this length with the full handgard and Russian choke.

post-22401-029519900 1283313399_thumb.gif

Edited by evlblkwpnz
  • Like 1

While there is nothing wrong with any of the other manufacturers of SBS, Tromix will have great residual value and the craftsmanship is top-notch. You can't go wrong with Tromix!

Your other option is to Form 1 it (do it yourself after getting your stamp back from the BATFE). If you are on a budget, this will be the most cost effective way, but you will have to be proficient in shortening the gas system in order to ensure 100% reliability.

well ive got the gun and ive got the parts, i just need to find someone with the expertise of these guns, since i dont have a proficent knowledge of what to open the gas ports to and all the other little details.

well ive got the gun and ive got the parts, i just need to find someone with the expertise of these guns, since i dont have a proficent knowledge of what to open the gas ports to and all the other little details.

Ah, I see. Well, if you're going with 12" you can probably get away with just opening the ports. But any shorter and you will have to move the gas block, which is a job for a complete machine shop w/ FFL manufacturer status.

Personally we would never parcel out the individual jobs involved in an SBS; without total control over the build there are too many variables and when the gun doesn't run correctly the finger pointing starts.

Tony is well-known as the most experienced guy in Saiga SBS's and every one of them runs correctly; that's what you pay for and that's what you get.

Good luck with your project.

Hey Bob what is the lead time on that 8" SBS?

Erik, currently your gun will be in the shop being built for about 2 weeks. Paperwork is another story, Form 4's generally take about 90 days depending on our examiner's workload.

Our prices are on the website. The logo in my sigline is a link.

Bob,

evlblkwpnz,

You plan on doing a SBS with one of your S12's?