.410 underfolder

I have been trying to put an underfolder on the wife's .410 for the last bazillion years! Centerfire Systems has them for $99. :dollar: I talked to a real person on the 'phone and she swears that they really have them in stock and will ship mine out tomorrow! She also swears that theirs are not made of unobtainium!

This is the FOURTH company that I have ordered one through, and so far no underfolder for Baby's .410. :cryss: I have ordered from Centerfire before, and had good results.

Fingers crossed,

G O B

It's sold as an underfolder, For $99.97 you get the rear half of a kit, triggerguard,selector stop, pistiol grip and nut, and the rear of the reciever with the trunion and underfolder complete. Any tips for doing the 'deed' are appreciated. I have already romoved all the rivits and have both rear trunions out. The rear of the Saiga recciever will need to be cut on an angle, and the front lower rivit holes are 1/2 hole out. Also the yugo has a spring loaded release for the rear recoil spring perch, and that also is 1/2 hole out from the upper rear trunion rivet hole in the Saiga reciever. The rivit holes in the Saiga reciever are also pressed in as the Saiga trunion was 'countersunk'. Nothing unsurmountable, but it will be :fun".

G O B

P.S. Ordered Monday, was here Thursday!

DONE! Now I need to get one of the kids (my youngest is 21) to take some pix and get them up to show you guys. This is NOT an easy job. The results are worth it, everything came out working better than I had hoped. However NOTHING fits without a lot of hand "massaging". The rear of the Saiga reciever must be cut,none of the rivit holes lign up, and several holes are "1/2 hole" out. Also standard AK long rivits are too short for the new trunion as the hole is at the extreme top rear (fattest part of the reciever). Fortunatly a 16D common nail is the right dia. for the job. I also used the bottom of the Yugo reciever as a reinforcement plate, as the rather odd 'nut' for the pistol grip is rivited to the outside of the reciver, and fits the ergo grip perfectly!

I would NOT recommend that anyone attempt doing this job unless you are confident in your metalworking skills. However if you can drill ACCURATLY, and have a steady hand with a dremmel tool, and have a decent drillpress it can be done. I used a 10" Delta press, a dremmel , an assortment of files and a SHARP center punch. (actually a 3" nail for powder actuated tool 'shoot in anchor') These are cheap, and work better than any centerpunch that I have ever found.

Hope to get pix up soon.

G O B

#2 son is the computer wiz, he is going to rebuild this antedeluvian machine later in the week. At the present I do not have the ability to manipulate images. I am still running windows 98 and the video card is the 3 of clubs!

G O B