Saiga 410 Full Auto Conversion

Congrats on your new purchase. Although asking about doing a full auto conversion and not disclosing your location or legalities of owning a FA where you may reside. I can pretty much guarantee that no one here is just going to say look here is how its done.

I'am editing this post because I saw somewhere else that you live in Greece. I would suggest asking for information privately and off the open forum.

Edited by superhawk138
  • Like 1

If such a thing is legal in your country, I would be surprised if there was not a resource available to explain how it is done.

Your best bet is to either find such a resource, complete with photographs and detailed explanations, or find a weapon that has already been converted to use as an example.

I will not try to tell you in detail what has to be done, and really can't since I've never done it myself; all I can offer is a little advice based on having worked on a few registered full-auto AK rifles. You will need a fire control group from a fully automatic AK rifle; AKM FCGs include a rate reducer and are a little more of a pain in the ass to install, will probably be your best bet for a controllable rate of fire. You will need a drill bit of the appropriate size (J size if I recall correctly), and you will need the skills to either drill and tap to install, or weld on a piece of metal to your bolt carrier in a particular place to trip the auto-sear. To do this conversion, you will need to permanently modify the receiver by drilling a hole in a precise place, and you will have to cut out a section of the rail the bolt carrier rides on. If you are not confident in your mechanical skills, don't bother.

Somebody who has already done it should be able to assist you with the details, and let you know exactly what has to be cut and drilled, and where.

Edited by Shandlanos
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure fully automatic firearms aren't legal in Greece... I'd be VERY surprised if they were, you should find an attorney and talk to them about it before trying to interpret the laws yourself. Possession of an illegal firearm can land you some serious jail time in the US, I imagine its the same in Greece.

I'm pretty sure fully automatic firearms aren't legal in Greece... I'd be VERY surprised if they were, you should find an attorney and talk to them about it before trying to interpret the laws yourself. Possession of an illegal firearm can land you some serious jail time in the US, I imagine its the same in Greece.

Greece is bankrupt, and his country will shortly collapse (even further) into Very Bad Things. I don't think the Grecian government'd have the resources or initiative to enforce a technicality law when they're *this* close to declaring martial law and taking his guns anyhow (no matter if the Hellenic Army sides with the Papandreou gov't or not); IMHO he should've pursued this question this past spring when the Acropolis was burning during the riots, spent the summer stockpiling shells, then burying it with the full auto plans and praying he never needs it.

Mr. Nsigr, I wish you the best of luck. (You're going to need it.)

• 4 weeks later...

Lights.

Camera.

ACTION!

ATHENS, Dec 15 (Reuters) - Greek protesters clashed with police and set fire to cars and a hotel in central Athens on Wednesday as tens of thousands marched...

Worldwide debut coming soon to a theatre (and government offices) near you.

• 2 months later...

Contact some gunsmiths that do this type of work. You need to register with the ATF, submit a form and open yourself up to random searches.

Legally owning a Class 3 weapon does not "open you up to random searches".

If you're going to talk about these things, at least attempt to know wtf you're talking about.......

.......and, by the way, there's no ATF in Greece...........

Edited by Jeaux E
  • Like 3

Contact some gunsmiths that do this type of work. You need to register with the ATF, submit a form and open yourself up to random searches.

Legally owning a Class 3 weapon does not "open you up to random searches".

No more than we already are, at any rate.

• 2 months later...

Nsigr, A Saiga 410 is basically the same as any other AK as far as the receiver goes. Just do a search for converting an AK47 & you'll probably find plenty of info. A torrent search will get you the info you want.. good luck with your country. I was in Greece in 99, it's a pretty nice place, but there were riots then too. A bunch of anarchist or whoever that were upset about Kosova.

Good luck to you Sir! I was in Greece in '71, what a beautiful Country, and they were very gracious to American servicemen!

He should be a prison bitch by now. Not sure if they have internet there. :f0ckers:

Edited by DogMan

i for example live in a state where it is perfectly legal to own full auto firearms with a federal tax stamp. and research is the first step to determining if you want to drop $200 on a stamp to build the gun.

Close but no cigar. I'm with you 100% on the freedom to speak on the subject. But building new MGs post-'86 for personal use simply isn't legal by federal law. If you wish to purchase a pre-'86 gun, sure, I believe the state you live in doesn't give a flying fuck - building a new one is a whole different ballgame. Submit a Form 1 to the ATF to build a machine gun, and see what happens.

this guy doesnt live in america. so the 1986 awb doesnt mean s%^t to him.

and i love how people automatically assume a person they dont know doesnt have the proper credentials to purchase a particular product. if a c2 sot takes a transfer from another c2 sot then the all tax's does apply and the transfer needs to be done on a f4. but this has nothing to do with the op's question.

this guy doesnt live in america. so the 1986 awb doesnt mean s%^t to him.

and i love how people automatically assume a person they dont know doesnt have the proper credentials to purchase a particular product. if a c2 sot takes a transfer from another c2 sot then the all tax's does apply and the transfer needs to be done on a f4. but this has nothing to do with the op's question.

Your understanding and your grammar are both severely lacking.

• Like 1

surely you cant be implying that the 1986awb applies to the fine people of greece? I know the liberal population would just assume the whole world lives without the right to self defense. but the reality is that not all countries believe this crap. and for the record, this is an internet forum. not a research paper for english comp. typos are common and if my information were lacking i would be in prison right now. which i am not. so nanabooboo haha im better than you!

and to the op. pm me and ill give you detailed information on how to convert your legally owned semi-automatic shotgun into a legally owned full-automatic shotgun. this information is protected under the freedom of speech act and anyone who begs to differ with me on that can simply gobble the root.

• Like 1

surely you cant be implying that the 1986awb applies to the fine people of greece? I know the liberal population would just assume the whole world lives without the right to self defense. but the reality is that not all countries believe this crap. and for the record, this is an internet forum. not a research paper for english comp. typos are common and if my information were lacking i would be in prison right now. which i am not. so nanabooboo haha im better than you!

and to the op. pm me and ill give you detailed information on how to convert your legally owned semi-automatic shotgun into a legally owned full-automatic shotgun. this information is protected under the freedom of speech act and anyone who begs to differ with me on that can simply gobble the root.

There was no "assault weapons ban" in 1986. It was the Firearm Owner's Protection Act, which enacted several laws beneficial to firearm owners and manufacturers, with one big fuck you illegally added in that banned the transfer to non-governmental entities of newly produced fully-automatic weapons in the United States. Furthermore, the "free speech act" you refer to must surely be the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

I agree 100% that you have an absolute right to discuss in detail the method by which a semi-automatic firearm may be converted to fire in a fully automatic mode. I tell you also as a gesture of goodwill that doing so is not wise if you are a resident of the United States of America. I have little doubt that in the present political climate a record of such a conversation could be used as a partial reasoning to obtain a search warrant. Regardless of the fact that you may have done absolutely nothing illegal or wrong, a warrant may be served which results in you being deprived of your lawful property for an extended period of time. I don't believe that to be right - but there are other reasons not to broadcast this particular brand of information, the one most important to me being:

The most likely use of this sort of information will be the unlawful conversion of a firearm in the United States. The more such unlawfully converted firearms that end up being used in crimes, or even found in someone's possession, the more asinine media panic there is likely to be. If it becomes common knowledge, it endangers our right to possess semi-automatic firearms. The gungrabbers will surely see these stories and use them to "prove" that a semi-automatic rifle is only a paper clip or a rubber band away from an automatic baby-killing machine.

Don't endanger yourself. Don't endanger our continued freedom to keep and bear arms. This is my advice to you - do as you will.

• Like 3

Since a semi auto is not a true "Assault Weapon" the 86 ban is probably closer to a real one, than the later one.

Remember, it was always a tactic of the antis to make people think they were actually banning a full auto version later on, and AW became a keyword, meant to confuse the sheep.

And, I would love to see a warrant issued only for discussion of technical details, short of an "I did this to mine" I don't see just discussing details to be probable cause.

Its like arresting someone for rape, because they bought duct tape and condoms at the same store, there must be some indication a law was, or is, being broken.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A fully automatic saiga is also illegal in Greece(most probably someone did not read the whole law text) but.....

We are talking about a country full of non registered illegal AK-47s that came in right after the 1997 Albanian revolution.So no problem if u intent to do a shooting you just have to spend a couple of thousand euros in order to buy a fully automatic AK.

On the other hand if you want to find an almost legal solution in order to buy some time(when the real riots start) and escape away from the big cities then this is why people are asking how to convert a saiga to fully auto.

You get something cheap (second hand .410 for around 300 euro),it is legal to own it so far+convert it so that it has as much firepower as you can get and bury that in a closet with a couple of hundret rounds so that noone knows what you have done to it.

Main purpose of the conversion is probably self defence,whether it is better to have a fully auto or a semi auto i can not judge.

Oh and yeah it is illegal to own a fully automatic shotgun but let those that own one worry about that.

It is nice to talk about it theoretically for engineering and utility reasons.

Sorry for my delayied reply

Regards

P.S. Great forum certainly what a weapon manufactured by M.Kalashnikov deserves