Tapco G2 trigger conversion

So the Tapco G2 trigger assembly for conversions, despite being mostly approved of, still requires some modifications and grinding from what I hear. What other drop-in trigger conversions are out there that require zero modifications for a saiga 7.62?

I was looking at the tromix FCG conversion, but then I realized they were selling it for saiga shotguns....

ALSO... I'm looking for a collapsible stock with an adjustable cheek weld for scope use kinda like the ATI strikeforce except I do not want a folder....

If anyone has some suggestions I would appreciate it, links to the products you suggest are great

Thanks

I like Tapco, but Texas AK triggers have a great fire control group, too. I have their double hook (redundant, but I like it) and I like it better than the Tapcos I used before. My first I used a K-Var, and it had a terrible trigger pull.

We have vendors here who offer the G2 already modified for the BHO, just to let ya know.

CAA makes a nice 6-position stock that you can purchase an add-on cheekweld for. Check out www.carolinashooterssupply.com Greg is one of our vendors, he ships unbelievably fast, and I know that he carries the modified G2, the CAA stock, and the cheekweld.

• 10 months later...

im haveing some problems with mine,i just orderd from danzig and i think i need more parts but ive spent 120 on stock/furniture and now 165 in parts! wtf ...im going to need help later to finish this idk what is wrong or what i need to do next but im pretty sure its simple just dont know what im missing...

ALSO... I'm looking for a collapsible stock with an adjustable cheek weld for scope use kinda like the ATI strikeforce except I do not want a folder....

If anyone has some suggestions I would appreciate it, links to the products you suggest are great

Thanks

ATI also has a non-folder version of the StrikeForce stock... I just got one. It looks like a folder but it is not. Photos : http://s265.photobuc...mview=slideshow

(Note: The first photo was before the new stock was installed and before my conversion)

BTW - CSS sells the standard and the modified G2 FCG, others may also.

Edited by Foxtail207

im haveing some problems with mine,i just orderd from danzig and i think i need more parts but ive spent 120 on stock/furniture and now 165 in parts! wtf ...im going to need help later to finish this idk what is wrong or what i need to do next but im pretty sure its simple just dont know what im missing...

well what problem are you having? i know you have parts, but what parts do you have and what are your concerns?

• 5 months later...

hahahaha

well what problem are you having? i know you have parts, but what parts do you have and what are your concerns?

sorry this was alonnnggg time ago i guess at the time i forgot you needed some type of device to hold the rivets in like the shepards crook i am currently useing but it actually took me maybe 2 1/2 hours just to figure out how the trigger and spring mechanism works but i finally got it down and finished my conversion and shes a beaut.

• Like 1

OP, NO mod required for the Tapco G2, it is drop in! The BHO may be sacraficed though, unless, you order the modified version(though you can mod it yourself easily!)

Either way it can be purchased to drop in just the same!

I used the Tapco conversion kit from CSS, left the BHO out and just dremeled the cutout into the safety lever. After watching the video on reinstalling the BHO I said hell no...

And it's a drop-in setup when you don't reinstall the BHO.